Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Hmm okay. For the first option I chose Josie who had something like "the noblewoman has other allies she can ask them" but then for some reason the Grey Wardens still got dragged in so things weren't looking good for them and they weren't feeling happy either. I'll try doing it another way. But I haven't got Qunari soldiers because I don't side with the Qun in Bull's personal quest.

I always side with the Qun. I don't like them, but it's advantageous for me and barely costs me anything. They don't gain any sort of significant foothold in Thedas that they couldn't have gotten on their own one way or another, and I can stop the burning of half of Denerim. I worked with Sten as a warden. I don't see this as being much different.

Thank you! I will follow those steps to save my Wardens.

And on the topic of EA being shit, when I took my laptop on holiday I wanted to play DA2, but I had no internet. "No worries," I thought naively to myself, "Origin lets you log in even if you're offline."
However, because I recently had issues with my laptop my original user profile was corrupted so I was using a different account on my laptop. Origin doesn't let you play any of your games on a different account, even if it's the same laptop, because apparently you have to sign in online before any of their games work.

So essentially I had a library of video games that I wasn't allowed to use because Origin /needed/ to be able to connect to the internet.

If I could fuck EA with something sharp and pointy I would. I hate them so much as a company.

---------- Updated at 05:16 PM ----------

I always side with the Qun. I don't like them, but it's advantageous for me and barely costs me anything. They don't gain any sort of significant foothold in Thedas that they couldn't have gotten on their own one way or another, and I can stop the burning of half of Denerim. I worked with Sten as a warden. I don't see this as being much different.

I always side with the Chargers. Bull is happier with them alive, and honestly fuck the Qun, they blow. I'm so anti-Qun I would quite happily send the Inquisition on a holy war against them all. Same for Tevinter. I am the Inquisition and I'm going to fuck everyone DLC.

I always side with the Chargers. Bull is happier with them alive, and honestly fuck the Qun, they blow. I'm so anti-Qun I would quite happily send the Inquisition on a holy war against them all. Same for Tevinter. I am the Inquisition and I'm going to fuck everyone DLC.

I hate Orlais more personally, but I'd love a chance to fight them too. Mainly because they're just so boss and I respect their strength. I have no love for the qun beyond a rival's admiration if that makes sense.

And while I am with you on that front, I see no point in needlessly going against them when it's beneficial for you and Thedas. Going against them just needlessly annoys them and they go on their way. The people you deal with aren't even responsible for the Qun. They serve the Qun, they aren't the Qun. Picking the chargers just feels like a consolation prize at best for those super annoyed with anything Qunari related.

Honestly, siding with the chargers, just so one Qunari can be "happy" seems like the biggest middle finger to the people that sacrificed their lives in Haven for you and the Inquisition's purpose.

Not to mention, Bull seems rather conflicted and bothered about being a Tal Vashoth from what I've heard when making that choice. Even if he didn't, fuck 'em, I've got a job to do. Happiness takes a back seat until my objective is reached.

I hate Orlais more personally, but I'd love a chance to fight them too. Mainly because they're just so boss and I respect their strength. I have no love for the qun beyond a rival's admiration if that makes sense.

And while I am with you on that front, I see no point in needlessly going against them when it's beneficial for you and Thedas. Going against them just needlessly annoys them and they go on their way. The people you deal with aren't even responsible for the Qun. They serve the Qun, they aren't the Qun. Picking the chargers just feels like a consolation prize at best for those super annoyed with anything Qunari related.

Honestly, siding with the chargers, just so one Qunari can be "happy" seems like the biggest middle finger to the people that sacrificed their lives in Haven for you and the Inquisition's purpose.

Not to mention, Bull seems rather conflicted and bothered about being a Tal Vashoth from what I've heard when making that choice. Even if he didn't, fuck 'em, I've got a job to do. Happiness takes a back seat until my objective is reached.

In the end though, not having an alliance with the Qun doesn't cause your Inquisition any issues. They manage fine without the Qun, which is better in my opinion, because it means you aren't tied to the Qun. My Inquisitors generally are of the opinion that you're either working for the Inquisition or you're working against us. That's why they always conscript the Templars or mages, and also bring in the Grey Wardens. Alliances are not our thing.

So unless the Qunari decide to work for me, I'm not particularly keen to work with them.
And in regards to Bull, he isn't happy about being Tal Vashoth but he's much happier than if you sacrifice the chargers. He says afterwards that he has no regrets and the Inquisition is where he wants to be. So I consider it the better option, even if I understand the reasons for siding with the Qunari.

In the end though, not having an alliance with the Qun doesn't cause your Inquisition any issues. They manage fine without the Qun, which is better in my opinion, because it means you aren't tied to the Qun. My Inquisitors generally are of the opinion that you're either working for the Inquisition or you're working against us. That's why they always conscript the Templars or mages, and also bring in the Grey Wardens. Alliances are not our thing.

So unless the Qunari decide to work for me, I'm not particularly keen to work with them.
And in regards to Bull, he isn't happy about being Tal Vashoth but he's much happier than if you sacrifice the chargers. He says afterwards that he has no regrets and the Inquisition is where he wants to be. So I consider it the better option, even if I understand the reasons for siding with the Qunari.

I don't really get this, as you're not tied to the Qun one way or the other, and it's clear they're just helping you deal with the Venatori for the most part until Cornflakes is dead. And even if you conscript the mages, they too leave after the inquisition's main purpose is done. Only group that ever remains is the templars. Alliances is the only reason the Inquisition survives, and that's how you get recruits, money, supplies. You're funded by allies not your own machinations.

I've seen people say the exact opposite in regards to bull so that's perspective. Honestly he doesn't even mention the charger's death to me later, and is just the same old bull.

You get along fine with or without the Qun yes, but I see little reason to give up on the benefits beyond just grand paranoia and hate of the Qun, when accepting their help has no negative effects, and refusing it has no positive ones in relation to Thedas.

All there is are negative connotations, and the negative connotations are all in one's head.

Pscht Bull is happy as long as he can hit stuff, for him it doesn't matter either way. He's happy after a while when he accepts he's tal-vashot and he needs like 5 seconds to get over the chargers death.

For me it's double the rewards if I let the chargers die, off-course after doing every war-table entry that involves them.

Siding with the Qunari just means you get to use their already in place spy network. And in the end the Qunari have one up with me, since they have a kinda nice Arishok that helped kill an Archdemon.

I don't really get this, as you're not tied to the Qun one way or the other, and it's clear they're just helping you deal with the Venatori for the most part until Cornflakes is dead. And even if you conscript the mages, they too leave after the inquisition's main purpose is done. Only group that ever remains is the templars. Alliances is the only reason the Inquisition survives, and that's how you get recruits, money, supplies. You're funded by allies not your own machinations.

I've seen people say the exact opposite in regards to bull so that's perspective. Honestly he doesn't even mention the charger's death to me later, and is just the same old bull.

You get along fine with or without the Qun yes, but I see little reason to give up on the benefits beyond just grand paranoia and hate of the Qun, when accepting their help has no negative effects, and refusing it has no positive ones in relation to Thedas.

All there is are negative connotations, and the negative connotations are all in one's head.

I think hate of the Qun is enough of a reason to not want to work with them. My Inquisitor believes the Qun is wrong and therefore working with them goes against everything she believes in.

The mages leave but in my game they either then join the Circle again which is ruled by the Chantry aka Vivienne who is my Inquisitor's bestie... so it's not really particularly different. And any mages that don't join the Circle die... so yeah.
They're not really alliances in the same way though, because alliances suggest that it's between two equal partners, and given the strength of the Inquisition and its soldiers, even the Empress of Orlais relies on the Inquisition to keep her in power, as does the Divine, and the Inquisition becomes like a mini nation. I think alliances is too strong a word because it's more like ~everyone is nice to the Inquisition so that they are protected~

edit: also i hate these kinds of fans the most wtf is wrong with people

Being your inquisitor's bestie doesn't make vivienne in the inquisition. Any Divine from then on leaves, and you become their ally. Cassandra for instance can actually work against the inquisition if hardened.

As for the Qun, how do you feel about the Tevinter assisting you against the Venatori? They're as bad as Orlais is and vice versa.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't see much value in refusing help from someone I hate. All I'm doing is using their resources and using their men's lives in place of mine. It's like Shephard and Cerberus, except with a much less significant tie. Or no tie at all.

---------- Updated at 02:29 PM ----------

edit: also i hate these kinds of fans the most wtf is wrong with people

Agreed, lol. It's amusing though.

Vivienne who is my Inquisitor's bestie

That... piece of Vashedan...

She's worse than Sera, petty little cow rearranged furniture and behaved like a petty child after I didn't do what she liked. Seriously if she can't play her games with you she's unbearable. Makes Sera seem like a responsible adult.

She is also easier to piss of than Solas... Now getting to the point where I could punch him was hard work.
Hate it that you can't kick viv out, Solas at least has a reason to stay just like cas.

Varric gives you the nicest I sorta don't like what you are doing speech of them all.

Haha well she wouldn't have rearranged your furniture if you had any taste at all, my dear.

Seriously, darling. What were you thinking?

If you haven't noticed, I love Vivienne, lolol. We agree on most things, so I've never gotten her disapproval rating low enough to get that scene. She walks all over the Inquisitor though and makes them look like a bitch. I lol'd so hard watching that on youtube.

I adore Vivienne. She's so wonderful and I love how she manages to verbally destroy the others in such a charming way. The way Blackwall patronises her and she just throws his words back at him *__* she is my idol

And she's nice to Cullen so that makes her a good person.

You should see the threads with people hating on her. The butthurt is delicious.

Vivienne is a boss ass bitch, they're just jealous, lol.

You should see the threads with people hating on her. The butthurt is delicious.

Vivienne is a boss ass bitch, they're just jealous, lol.

Yeah I saw a thread on reddit earlier this week where this guy was trying to convince me that Vivienne is a bitch because she says mean things to people. Like... compare her to Morrigan or Shale or even Anders for crying out loud and she doesn't seem that bad. She's actually pretty nice and you know she's not mean because if she really wanted to be nasty she'd destroy them but instead it's just playful banter. I think DA:I players must be too sensitive because they can't handle anyone being a bit mean.

They can't handle anyone a bit mean who they also can't bang. Look at Jack from Mass Effect for instance. Who I also love, lol. Awesome chick. Also coincidentally bald, lol. People loved her. She did get some hate like everyone slightly mean, including Morrigan, but not like Viv.

Not pulling the race card though like some people. No one seems to care with Dorian so I doubt it's that. People just can't handle characters not riding their balls literally and figuratively.

They can't handle anyone a bit mean who they also can't bang. Look at Jack from Mass Effect for instance. Who I also love, lol. Awesome chick. Also coincidentally bald, lol. People loved her. She did get some hate like everyone slightly mean, including Morrigan, but not like Viv.

Not pulling the race card though like some people. No one seems to care with Dorian so I doubt it's that. People just can't handle characters not riding their balls literally and figuratively.

Yep exactly. I bet if she was a romance option people wouldn't hate her so much, but they can't stand that she doesn't share their opinions and won't change her opinions no matter what the Inquisitor says lol.
I guess I'm lucky because I share Vivienne's opinions on how mages/templars should be handled so she loves me in every playthrough :') The only thing we disagree on is Cole.

Yep exactly. I bet if she was a romance option people wouldn't hate her so much, but they can't stand that she doesn't share their opinions and won't change her opinions no matter what the Inquisitor says lol.
I guess I'm lucky because I share Vivienne's opinions on how mages/templars should be handled so she loves me in every playthrough :') The only thing we disagree on is Cole.

That's me to a T :lol: One of the first things you and I completely agree on. Besides that Cassandra is impeccable and completely fabulous of course.

Last edited:
That's me to a T :LOL: One of the first things you and I completely agree on. Besides that Cassandra is impeccable and completely fabulous of course.

I think we agree on plenty of things!!!
You're just slightly misguided in your opinion of Leliana but that's okay, not everyone can be perfect. ;)

Idk, I was indifferent about Vivienne at the beginning. But after some time and after doing her quest, I've came to realise, that all her talk about good of Thedas, order and yadda yadda is just a sham, she's just striving to keep the system under which she was able achieve her personal goals and get her way. And after "her love" dies, her main concers is "what am I going to do now", without all advantages this affair gave her. Then she uses it to make herself look good in the eyes of his relatives. As if that wasn't enough, during discussion about who should become DIvine, she's being rather transparent, as she obviously suggests that she has all the needed qualities to become one and tries to manipulate the Inquisitor into supporting her. Now there's nothing inherently wrong with being out for yourself and pursuing your own goals, but I'll take a straight up selfish person over this kind of crap any day. At least they are honest about it. And I was severely disappointed that you can't call her out on that bs and show her to the door.

Viv is just playing "the game" that much is clear from her comments. Her stake in the game involves "can I manipulate the inquisition enough to get a gain out of it after my previous sponsor is probably gonna die." My answer shall for ever be: nope stay at home.

I'm playing for the highest stakes, no time for cry babies here.

She'll never be recruited again since for some reason I can't punch her in the face and kick her out... Seriously punching Solas was at least satisfying, don't care about romances. I only need Dorian's ass anyway.

And Dorian is reasonable in his dialog where you could punch him and throw him out. He really wants to stop cornflakes.
Viv only wants power.

I think we agree on plenty of things!!!
You're just slightly misguided in your opinion of Marysueliana but that's okay, not everyone can be perfect. ;)

Oh, right back at ya :p Don't even get me started, lol.

---------- Updated at 06:37 PM ----------

Idk, I was indifferent about Vivienne at the beginning. But after some time and after doing her quest, I've came to realise, that all her talk about good of Thedas, order and yadda yadda is just a sham, she's just striving to keep the system under which she was able achieve her personal goals and get her way. And after "her love" dies, her main concers is "what am I going to do now", without all advantages this affair gave her. Then she uses it to make herself look good in the eyes of his relatives. As if that wasn't enough, during discussion about who should become DIvine, she's being rather transparent, as she obviously suggests that she has all the needed qualities to become one and tries to manipulate the Inquisitor into supporting her. Now there's nothing inherently wrong with being out for yourself and pursuing your own goals, but I'll take a straight up selfish person over this kind of crap any day. At least they are honest about it. And I was severely disappointed that you can't call her out on that bs and show her to the door.

I honestly never got that vibe. She just talked about Cassandra the whole time and I agreed with her when she said Cassandra would make the best candidate for Divine. I agreed with her and got approval points for it.

That said, Vivienne ended up divine no matter the dialogue choices I picked anyway. Strange, but whatevs. I didn't support Cass 100 percent because I was worried about the relationship, so I guess Cass made her choice in the end :) Works for me.

Top Bottom