Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Yeah Vivienne recommends that you pick Cassandra over Leliana as Divine but doesn't put herself forward unless you say you think she'd be a good Divine.
She might be ambitious but if she was really that selfish and manipulative she'd have mentioned herself as a possible option instead of keeping quiet. She's not one to not speak her mind, afterall.

Also I've been reading this post on reddit about people saying that they want a Mass Effect Citadel style DLC for Dragon Age Inquisition. And honestly.... yeah I can see myself wanting that too. Ignoring the utter chaos that would ensue if you put most of the previous 3 games worth of companions in the same room together, it would be lots of fun. I'd love to see some dialogue between Shale and Cullen where she recognises him from when he was a little kid.

If they did make a DLC like that though, I'd probably have to not have Anders on the guest list. Just because otherwise Vivienne would most likely murder him herself, if Sebastian didn't get there first.

If they did make a DLC like that though, I'd probably have to not have Anders on the guest list. Just because otherwise Vivienne would most likely murder him herself, if Sebastian didn't get there first.
Wouldn't be a problem for me, Hawke got that covered heh.

I might've, but my Hawke was a mage and understood why he did what he did. I like the Andrastian faith, but I'm not at all a fan of the chantry, so when that shit blew up, I laughed my ass off. Funniest fucking shit ever.

Also, I don't like to see a dog get kicked around, and he really took the steam out of killing him when he just got on his knees and let me.

LOL no homo. Well, one, but not me. LOLOL.

---------- Updated at 07:14 PM ----------

BAM, CASS TIME!

The last one....

*Makes out with screen*

I really hate what Justice has done to Anders but I still live in the vain hope that he can be cured so I didn't kill him.

Also it's slightly fun making him join up with Hawke when you side with the Templars.

I really hate what Justice has done to Anders but I still live in the vain hope that he can be cured so I didn't kill him.

Also it's slightly fun making him join up with Hawke when you side with the Templars.
LOL that's just wrong :lol:

I like it

The templars beat those mages like they owed the IRS. I don't side with them in DA 2. Only did once.

As for the DLC, personally I wouldn't want anything like that. Citaldel was a farewell for the whole trilogy and it made sense to make something like that. The story was just a background for everyone gathering together and making fun of pretty much everything plus a truckload of fanservice. But it's quite obvious that there are some more DA games ahead, and I think it's to early for something like that. Right now I'd rather get something with decent story content, maybe some more explanation where all this is headed or some more questions raised.

LOL that's just wrong :lol:

I like it

The templars beat those mages like they owed the IRS. I don't side with them in DA 2. Only did once.

:mean: I'm not here to fuck around with blood mages

I only sided with the mages once and when Orsino turned into that monster DESPITE having no reason to it made me realise he is a cray blood mage so killing him with fire seems the only logical option. Also I kind of like Meredith. I know she's crazy and evil and blah blah but I still like her. T_T Her and my Mage Hawke could have been villains together if only she'd have let me.............. *sobs*

As for the DLC, personally I wouldn't want anything like that. Citaldel was a farewell for the whole trilogy and it made sense to make something like that. The story was just a background for everyone gathering together and making fun of pretty much everything plus a truckload of fanservice. But it's quite obvious that there are some more DA games ahead, and I think it's to early for something like that. Right now I'd rather get something with decent story content, maybe some more explanation where all this is headed or some more questions raised.

I thought the Citadel DLC was a peace offering since the ending of ME3 sucked so bad?
And anyway even though DA:I isn't the last in the series I'd still love a Citadel style DLC. It's not the only DLC I want (I need a Weisshaupt DLC with my Warden please) but it would be nice. The Inquisitor throwing a ball in Skyhold :wub:

ALSO this is the cutest fanart i have ever seen it made me scream NO at my PC

HA, you and the sexually frustrated abstinence crew are just jealous of Merrill and my Hawke's blood magic swag powers, LOL. :p

Personally I wouldn't care about Blood Mages if they weren't all such giant f*cking idiots.

Example 1) Jowan is an idiot. He is a blood mage.
Example 2) Other blood mages in Ferelden Circle. Also idiots. (And they hurt Cullen so they deserve to burn in fire forever).
Example 3) All the f*cking mages in Kirkwall were bloodmages who couldn't manage to keep it on the down low so every mage in Kirkwall basically got persecuted although tbh they were probably blood mages anyway so it didn't matter.
Example 4) Orsino. King of the stupid blood mages. Probably related to Jowan through stupid blood.
Example 5) Merrill. Literally she is so dumb EVERYONE says to her "no Merrill this blood magic attracts demons you will fuck up" and she's like "no i know what i'm doing omg!!!" but she doesn't and her clan dies and it's very stupid.

Agreed on all of it.

But, I luv my Merrill, and being a blood mage is fun :p So DA 2, mages win. Besides, most of the time, blood mages only existed because of the templar abuses in Kirkwall. Naive morons like Merrill not withstanding.

---------- Updated at 07:44 PM ----------

Three's a bit of a hyperbole though. But Solas' personal mission pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Kirkwall's mages.

I let them burn.

I was sympathetic towards mages at the beginning of the game, my Hawke had a mage sister, so he could relate, but as the game progressed, he became more frustrated with mages and death of his mother at the hands of a crackpot mage sealed the deal. Plus note you find at his hideout sort of points to Orsino.

I somehow get the feeling that the Templars in Kirkwall didn't start off as evil bastards oppressing mages. It's probably more likely they were all innocent like DA:O Cullen and then got hit by the blood mage train and got mean.

The Templars' behaviour probably didn't help but there's no smoke without fire.

Ha, I don't believe that for a second. Dicks don't need a reason to be dicks. More like they used the odd occurrence to their advantage to rape and kill mages when they felt like it. And even if it did, it doesn't excuse the behavior now.

Their circle is the fucking Gallows.

You say that but Bethany Hawke when she gets put into the Circle actually says it's not as bad as she thought it would be and she likes it there. She quickly passes her Harrowing and is generally successful, which I find interesting considering Kirkwall Circle was meant to be one of the worst.
Also worth noting that out of all the mage companions in Dragon Age that have been in a Circle (so not counting apostates like Morrigan or Solas), only one of them has disliked it. Vivienne, Wynne and Bethany are all happy in their Circles.

Obviously Circles have their issues and Kirkwall is no exception BUT is it really as bad as Anders leads us to believe?

You say that but Bethany Hawke when she gets put into the Circle actually says it's not as bad as she thought it would be and she likes it there. She quickly passes her Harrowing and is generally successful, which I find interesting considering Kirkwall Circle was meant to be one of the worst.
Also worth noting that out of all the mage companions in Dragon Age that have been in a Circle (so not counting apostates like Morrigan or Solas), only one of them has disliked it. Vivienne, Wynne and Bethany are all happy in their Circles.

Obviously Circles have their issues and Kirkwall is no exception BUT is it really as bad as Anders leads us to believe?

Yes, because Bethany's one person, one experience. It's the same mentality as people saying "Well cops never bother me, so everyone else must be lying!"

Besides, you see first hand how the templars are in Kirkwall. Even before the red lyrium idol, the Meredith was going to call for the right of annulment.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think the circle is necessary, and I'd rather have a circle than no circle. But they needed a new leader, seriously. Templars got away with waaay too much shit.

---------- Updated at 08:44 PM ----------

Also, Vivienne wasn't tied to her circle, and conveniently neither was Wynne. They're not as bad as people make it out to be, but the abuses do happen.

I'm not saying Kirkwall didn't have it's issues but I do think considering how many blood mages there were in Kirkwall, most Templars weren't really doing anything that bad. (Obviously there were exceptions but I don't think they were the ordinary)
There were some that were nasty, and they were obvious failings in the Circle to address the fact that they had nasty Templars abusing mages. However since we know how afraid Bethany was of being in the Circle, and yet she comes out and says that actually it's nice and she likes it there, I think it shows that Kirkwall wasn't as bad as Anders made it out to be.
But yeah, Meredith was a bad Knight Commander and should have been replaced earlier with Cullen. Honestly so many problems in life could be solved if they were just replaced with Cullen. :wub:

Anders was wrong about the actual circles for the most part, but he's been active outside the circle, and most of his comments are in relation to that. You also hear more testimony in DA I from others in other circles like the dalish mage who actually likes it, but comments on the templar abuse all the same, like that they take advantage of tranquil who can't and won't do anything about it. Seriously fucked.

Basically, yea clearly most templars then weren't fucked, but that means nothing if this is still happening enough to be a problem. So many wouldn't try to escape otherwise.

---------- Updated at 09:30 PM ----------

I mean, you even see his friend they made tranquil in the beginning. Obviously terrible shit goes on even if Bethany hasn't seen it. They throw out tranquility very liberally.

Did you see the concept art of him as a wild-haired hobo in a cave? Pretty sad.

I somehow get the feeling that the Templars in Kirkwall didn't start off as evil bastards oppressing mages. It's probably more likely they were all innocent like DA:O Cullen and then got hit by the blood mage train and got mean.

The Templars' behaviour probably didn't help but there's no smoke without fire.
Kirkwall was messed up by all the blood sacrifices of the Tevinters and whatever happened on Sundermount that made Andraste cry, so everyone there was pretty much doomed. Don't forget that the templars, too, mess with spirit forces and rely on secrecy so their abuses are allowed to fester. Though, David Gaider did say that the blood mage thing got exaggerated because the gameplay people wanted a lot of enemies to fight. Orsino, for example, wasn't originally intended to turn until they decided they needed another boss battle.

I mean, you even see his friend they made tranquil in the beginning. Obviously terrible shit goes on even if Bethany hasn't seen it. They throw out tranquility very liberally.
Yeah I just played this recently so it's fresh in my mind- Karl tells you the reason he was made Tranquil is because they thought he was troublesome and wanted to set an example. And then there's the whole "Tranquility Solution" which even Cullen doesn't outright reject.

Top Bottom