Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
O-ok... D:

I have to finish the first one and then I will think about it D:

I played the DA series in January ..... Although many political things happen in DA2, it is not worth playing, just watch the summary of what happens, trust me :p

But Origins was amazing and Awakening was decent :p

Enjoy :)

That such a topic is even necessary... but 1k replies within hours? That place! :facepalm:

Well, the forum is nearly dead, we need some action going on over here, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't like new Morrigan's fat face.

Is it hard to do her like this? Even my version closer to original look than their.

Last edited:
I'm cautiously optimistic about the game.

I don't mind fighting a big bad evil, if it's in the background throughout most of the game like in Dragon Age: Origins, where most of the time was spent on subplots exploring the world of Thedas. If DA:I is as good as DA:O and Awakening, I'll be quite satisfied (the latter after all is still my 2nd favorite game).

But truth be told, I am not as excited about games like this as I used to be. Even the Witcher 3 doesn't have me lose sleep and shake in anticipation. Though I imagine it would be different with trailers and such (where's our Emhyr trailer)

I'm cautiously optimistic about the game.

I don't mind fighting a big bad evil, if it's in the background throughout most of the game like in Dragon Age: Origins, where most of the time was spent on subplots exploring the world of Thedas. If DA:I is as good as DA:O and Awakening, I'll be quite satisfied (the latter after all is still my 2nd favorite game).

But truth be told, I am not as excited about games like this as I used to be. Even the Witcher 3 doesn't have me lose sleep and shake in anticipation. Though I imagine it would be different with trailers and such (where's our Emhyr trailer)

You know, I think I understand. I am beginning to realize that I am feeling the same thing. I believe this happens because we are getting used to these kind of games. TW1 Mass Effect and DA:O are let's say my first love single player RPGs .Things that I found impressive at the time would not hold up as much as they do today if I saw something of similar quality. For instance, the cutscene at the end of act 1 in TW1 had a real emotional impact on me in 2008 . However if something of similar quality came out today I would not be as impressed. Not only games have matured but so have we.

For a game to make me feel like that again it would have to be something new, something I really haven't seen before and implementing open/world in TW3 and DA:I is not the answer I think.

Finally, I discovered TW ME and DA:O on my own, without being influenced by forums or previews. In fact, looking back I find it quite funny that I hated each individual game for different reasons AND I uninstalled them each about 3 times before understanding their worth. TW1 at first let me cold because I thought it would be a linear dungeon crawler (based on the first level), the bland level design of Mass Effect also did little to like it at first while in the case of DA I hated it at first because I thought it was just a medieval Mass Effect, a boring one too. The fact that the human noble beginning was terrible and that the combat animations are beyond clunky made me uninstall it quite fast. However, with each game, after having been uninstalled at least 3 times, in moments of extreme boredom I said why not finish it and see how it goes? It was then when I understood why they were so great. Not only that but I discovered this on my own, these games were a real surprise for me. I was also 6 years younger so I was more easily impressed. Nowadays my tastes have matured and it really takes a lot to impress me. I look back on each of these games and find critical flaws in each, it is their memory that I cherish more than how I view them today. In order for DA:I and TW3 to impress me like that again they do not only have to be as good as their predecessors, they have to surpass them. The standards from 2007 - 2008 are not enough for 2014.

Last edited:
I won't lie, yes the open world formula is starting to sound unappealing to me, but it's entirely subjective.

Truth is, I no longer have the capacity (or patience) of spending too much time on games. My fear with something like the Witcher 3 is that my loyalty and love for the franchise would push me to try and complete all of it and I don't think I can afford that. Heck, one of the reasons I only played the Witcher 1 once is that I do think it's a hassle to play through and that it's unnecessarily long for imo the wrong reasons (repetitive redundant gameplay in swamps).

But anyways, I understand on an objective level why both Bioware and CDPR went for open world. We'll see if that strategy is worthwhile.
It's not a strategy I find appealing however, for purely personal reasons.

The swamp chapter is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned critical errors. I don't think people would tolerate that nowadays, they expect more. It was ok back then but not today.

It is what I fear :| fans of X game coming to Witcher forums to suggest things that they had in their game. I'm not gonna name said game but it should be obvious by now...

Pk, Ok, let's keeping calm...., Unfortunately there won't be a fourth installment of the saga in which the perverse desires of this new batch of fans can become a reality. Oh! How smart are CPPR!

@Валькирия
Yes and yes. I was disappointed with Morrigan. That lock of hair over her eyes just tries to force mystery, her lips were stung by a bee, and she's smiling. Why would Morrigan smile? Witch of the Wilds and all. Leave her crude and unwelcoming, Bioware.

So, DAI will be out on Oct 7, 2014. We are the chosen one (duh!), who will be running around closing the rifts (into Oblivion :) ). Also we will be collecting people for our team (a la ME2), and will have at least 9 romance options. Originality does not blow me out of the water, but who knows, the execution may be quite good, or even great. At least it sounds and looks good enough to give it a try, which is more than I can say about the waste majority of modern games.

Botox. It explains everything.

It's sad but they really did botox her lips up. Nothing like Hollywood beauty standards to wreck a woman's looks. As for level design, guys, DA:I isn't open world, it's unlikely even a fraction as big as TW3. They said levels are on the order of three times larger than Korcari wilds, and that's not sandbox big. It sounds like they are taking a hub approach whereas CDPR is taking the three act/area approach but scaling it up massively and knitting it together.

My favourite character Alistair... It was painful to watch, on what they done to him in DA2. Scary to think, what they do to him in DA:I.

Last edited:
My favourite character Alistair... It was painful to watch, on what they done to him in DA2. Scary to think, what they do to him in DA:I.

maybe you should look at the comics, the art there looks good. They pretty much make your choices with Alistair useless in DA:O but who wouldn't make him king anyway.

there were some nice twists in the comic as well

maybe you should look at the comics, the art there looks good. They pretty much make your choices with Alistair useless in DA:O but who wouldn't make him king anyway.
Wow, me! Me me me me me me!

But you're right about the comics, the art is good (wayyy better than ME comics).

After DA2 I wont be getting DA3, maybe if it turns it to be good I'll get it in a year or so, but at release? Nope! I dont really trust bioware as a developer anymore which is sad as some of their games were once my favourites.

Top Bottom