Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
For those who haven't see any trailer yet....

[video]http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/home/latest-trailer[/video]

Yep, and we already know who they are. Cullen (military advisor, WHAT A BAD IDEA), Leliana (deals with spies) and another girl (probably a sort of "economic advisor").

Yep, and we already know who they are. Cullen (military advisor, WHAT A BAD IDEA), Leliana (deals with spies) and another girl (probably a sort of "economic advisor").

Didn't think it had been posted. And that sounds like the worst bunch of generals ever.

Don't even let the most slightly attractive mage get around Cullen. He'll get a hard on, betray the inquisition, and the opposition will hoist their flag on his wing dang doodle.

Wow, that article used up a handful digital paragraphs to say... NOTHING! Basically Gaider complaining about how misunderstood he is and how fans know nothing. The only message I get is he really underestimates game players, and this will likely reflect in his writing.

Gaider is always whinging, and yes, he treats people on the BSN in a condescending manner: 'master knows best, STFU pleb' I see it in his writing as well.

If you've read any of Gaider's novels you realise cutting out his own clumsy prose is a damn good thing. But yeah that article sums up the main weakness of Biowares writing, they preach and tell you what to think rather than asking questions, the act of a preacher spouting doctrine rather than a teacher raising difficult conundrums.

Edit: THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION.

2nd Edit: Love the Beowulf sig Slim.

DA:I looks quite good in my opinion, the newest trailer didn't really excite me that much but I really enjoyed DA Origins, DA2 was alright but I thought the environment was lazy as it seemed to be copied and pasted a lot. But I enjoy the stories especially the Qunari I find them interesting. Looking forward to these in DA:I.

The Arishok, a moderately interesting character of ambiguous nature and mysterious motives. Sounds like every character in The Witcher. But of course our primitive minds cannot grasp the complexity of more than one character that isn't completely flat, and Gaider knows best and provides accordingly.

The Arishok is an example of a trend that bioware has unfortunately adopted in its recent games: all style no substance (best example would be the Illusive Man).

There is actually nothing interesting, complex, or even coherent about the Arishok. He just sounds cool, up until you scrutinize what he's saying and realize he isn't actually saying much.

The Arishok, a moderately interesting character of ambiguous nature and mysterious motives. Sounds like every character in The Witcher. But of course our primitive minds cannot grasp the complexity of more than one character that isn't completely flat, and Gaider knows best and provides accordingly.

DA2 and its characters sucked...what news. You do know that this game has been in development for more than a year and a bit, right?

Man, don't remind me. I still have hope for DAI, but as soon as I recall that it is by the same writers as all recent Bioware "masterpieces", I am swamped by despair.
Yeah, DA2 plot suck big time. If somebody did not check it out already, here is a pretty good analysis. Sure, some things are a bit exaggerated, and may be easily forgiven in a story that actually makes sense, but, unfortunately a story in DA2 is not such a story.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6CCFE735D2DAA19A

They never lost the talent. Like i said, DA2 was bad due to being rushed. Mass Effect 3 doesn't count because it was made by a different team within BioWare.

I do not fully agree that DA2 was bad solely due to being rushed. The basic ideas in the game were flawed. No amount of time would have made a corrupting idol that interesting of a plotline.

At best, DA2 would have been decent.

Games with similar development times, far less staff on the project and made with unfamiliar engines have been much better so I agree with Knight that having a short development time is not a hindrance, and is sometimes a benefit. Fallout: New Vegas, multi million selling and widely agreed to be much better than Fallout 3 and one of the best rpgs in recent years, similar development time and unfamiliar engine. Baldur's Gate 2 had a similar development time and far, far, far more content. Kotor 2 similar development time and very flawed but made by twelve rather than a couple of hundred. Icewind Dale 2 made in ten months etcetera.

Edit: THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Last edited:
Top Bottom