Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Oh Dragonbird, didn't imagine a woman would be capable of killing "precious" Alistair.

My respect!

P.S. A mistype there.

I went for the AIistair romance in my first playthrough, but after that, it was the crybaby stuff that put me off. My favourite wardens were a female City Elf Warrior who dumped him for Zevran at the first opportunity, or a male Noble Rogue whose main game objective was to get his hands on the throne.

I killed Wynne off a couple of times too. I loved that game.

IGN "analyzed" frame by frame of the new trailer.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/23/rewind-theater-whos-back-in-dragon-age-inquisition

There's not much special. Mostly they try to figure out the landscape and the monsters. Two things that did catch my interest, however:

- Apparently that dark hooded woman that appears in the trailer for a second or two is Leliana. I didn't realize that when first watching (her fashion is much darker, and her face is sharper), but I'm happy about it. I liked the character. This is at 3:07 into the IGN video.

- The really surprising thing is that the Inquisition seems to attack the Grey Wardens at their keep. Minute 8:40 into the clip. Again, something I didn't notice in the trailer. This is probably the event I'm most curious about now.

Also at the end they go over the companions at the last frame. No revelation, though. I dislike the Quanri - his body seems off and his horns in particular. I liked them in DA2.

I still prefer the first Morrigan... They could improve her without changing her treats, like jaws...

If I play in DAO again, I will take a dwarf, very angry little devil. And then he will destroy everything on his way, and chaos will reign in Ferelden! Mwahahaha! ]:->

Or maybe not. ^_^

@ eliharel
At least Cole has been revealed. I am curious about him, I liked him in Asunder.
Being the only one who survived the "breach", and if he indeed came from the Fade with no memory of what happened, I wonder if the Inquisitor is a spirit, like Justice in Awakening (and Cole). Time will tell.

I like the environment design and the color palette. The Depths in DA2 were the only thing I visually liked (with some parts of the Legacy DLC) and it seems to follow that tread from time to time. I like the fact the world seems threatened by shades of green, reflected on armors. I especially like when environments are limited with two or three dominant colors, like that shot in the trailer bathing in blue, with a deep red stone in the middle.
I don't know about armors yet. I kinda like the iconic helmet, but overall I'm not very convinced.
In both departments, it looks better than DA:O.

Rolling. The fucking rolling. Of all the things they could take from Witcher 2.

Leliana- I hope we can kill her and she stays dead this time.

They've still got the derp eyes where characters look like their eyes are crossed. What is it with that, Bioware.

Last edited:
You have no idea how satisfying it can be to crush him completely and utterly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGODzFCYK0#t=16m16s

what's satisfying are the comments well done! haha interesting fact about Alistair and Anora never having children too

Alistair is pretty useless if not hardened. He's sorta like Jesse from BB to me even if he's an idiot. He become ruthless after DA2 in the comic doing all sorts of badass thing and Theirin blood has some special powers and shit so I'm glad I spared him.

now Zevran that's the fucker you should kill without question haha.

or wardens who don't care much about Fereldan

they said that about Leliana too

http://social.bioware.com/56308/blog/17433/
Enough to respond to the first part.

I doubt they will repeat the same mistake considering the backlash they received, and the Dragon Age Keep thing that seems to imply that they will consider previous choices seriously.

If of course Alistair shows up alive, it's unlikely I would consider getting the game anytime soon.

Rolling. The fucking rolling. Of all the things they could take from Witcher 2.

Rolling has been part of video games for over decade and if you want to talk about RPGs it was in Demon Souls years before Witcher 2.

I don't mind fighting a big bad evil, if it's in the background throughout most of the game like in Dragon Age: Origins, where most of the time was spent on subplots exploring the world of Thedas. If DA:I is as good as DA:O and Awakening, I'll be quite satisfied (the latter after all is still my 2nd favorite game).

I would hope for BioWare to make a bold move, for once, and use the big bad evil as a pretext for a much more interesting conflict, as something no one else really cares about. While you're the only one - eh... - who can stop the demons and whatnot, every faction is trying to rise to (more) power and deal with their internal and external struggles, offering their support to the Inquisition only to further their own ends. Then, in this case, the player could choose among being the hero that wants to save the innocent and who gets more or less manipulated by everyone else, the Inquisitor that doesn't care about other powers as long as he can do what he has to do, or the most manipulating of the bunch, taking advantage of his position of power in the crisis to bring the Inquisition to the big players' table. Or none of those and something else, because not everything has to be chosen between three freaking option all the time.

Fact is, judging from what I've seen in the trailers I believe they won't go for something like this, which in my opinion would be much more interesting than the usual "save the world and bland cliché plots". What with burned corpses and the dwarf kneeling and frowning in front of dead people. And attacking every faction indiscriminately because everyone is evil and deserves it. And the utter lack of originality. But hope is not entirely lost yet, after all. I trust on them learning from their mistakes.

I'm personally not holding much hope for Inquisition . It just looks too generic for my liking and I feel like I've seen it all before elsewhere. I felt the same about Origins (I know that sounds like blasphemy).

Top Bottom