Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Who's this Elder One chap? Some baddie also kept yelling in a gameplay trailer about how he's coming to get us. I'm going to venture a guess here - he's the one who opened the rift, or tear, or whatever this gateway between worlds is called?

Probably. Since this is BioWare, I'm not expecting anything revolutionary when it comes to the actual narrative. The characters and their personality is what I care the most. I am 100% sure that it's not Morrigan's baby, they would have to basically make two games to accomodate that or make a retarded reason why it works.

The last trailer suggested that there might not be a Maker. It will be interesting to see how this turns out in a world where magic is at every step. Morrigan kinda hinted at this in DA:O as well.

I am 100% sure that it's not Morrigan's baby, they would have to basically make two games to accomodate that or make a retarded reason why it works.
How come?

The last trailer suggested that there might not be a Maker. It will be interesting to see how this turns out in a world where magic is at every step. Morrigan kinda hinted at this in DA:O as well.
What trailer, and where did it suggest that? I think I missed a few things lately.

It's not the baby because first, she doesn't always have it I believe, and second because the elder one talking speaks as if he's been around a while. My guess is the black city was turned a long time ago, and we'll find out that the maker does exist in fact, and finding or reaching him is how we'll stop the elder dude. Simple. Kinda like how on Mass Effect, you find out who is responsible for the reapers and that they weren't just always around. Though that was obvious to me.

I bet the baby if it is canon plays a role. Maybe the dragons, the "elder gods" are remnants of the maker's power, and that's why the darkspawn seek them out to corrupt. So the baby having the spirit of an elder god (dragonborn!) might be a powerful manifestation of power from the maker that can be used against the elder one.

I think the "Big Bad Elder One" is one of the Tevinter Magisters, or a Demon lord, or something, hahahahaha

But it's not Morrigan's child for sure.

Attachments

• 200px-0,334,56,223-Human_female_inquisitor.png
    200px-0,334,56,223-Human_female_inquisitor.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Fancy lord.jpg
    Fancy lord.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 32
  • female qunari.jpg
    female qunari.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Female elf.jpg
    Female elf.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Elf freckels.jpg
    Elf freckels.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 35
And another one...

Impressed. They actually look like real people now - no more of that blank stare and hey, look at DAT nose!

Awesome! The things relating to Vigil's Keep were some of my favorite in Awakening. Well, in theory - the execution was a bit flat. So the aspect of leading the Inquisition is what interests me most about Inquisition. So far it seems to be fairly extensive. Let's hope that the marketing didn't inflate the role of agents and resource-distribution more than it actually matters in the game itself.

I got access to the Keep; I can only tell that it's way above my expectations.
Going that far wasn't needed in my opinion, and they're still changing a lot of things according to testers' feedback. It's a great device and smart idea, I'm curious to see the official release and how it will work with DA:I.

I got access to the Keep; I can only tell that it's way above my expectations.
Going that far wasn't needed in my opinion, and they're still changing a lot of things according to testers' feedback. It's a great device and smart idea, I'm curious to see the official release and how it will work with DA:I.

Isn't it some anti-piracy measure that you can't import your save without going online?

You cannot import your save anyway, because the game works with a new engine, messed up quest flags since DA2 and will be released on new platforms (and a lot of people are migrating from consoles to PC, or old gen to new gen etc.). Also, people who don't have DA:O and DA2 will be able to produce their own world state.

As far as I understand it, you will be able to choose a predefined world state in DA:I (like what you could do in DA2 if you didn't import). If you want a "world state" tailored with your previous choices in DA:O, DA:OA and DA2, you'll have to use the Keep; and you need an Origin/BSN account.

edit: To be more precise about "going online": you have to create your world state on the Keep and send it to DA:I while being online and connected to your BSN/Origin account, but you don't need to be permanently connected to make your "world state" and DA:I work (except if you're on PC I guess, since DA:I is Origin exclusive on this platform).

Last edited:
There is no character creator in the Keep. But you'll be able to (re)create the face of Hawke in game, but nobody knows when (I don't like it: first, I don't even like the idea of seeing my former character as a unplayable NPC -- and, second, saying nothing and making a surprise would have been better than this early reveal).

If it actually works, I do think the Keep is a great idea and what I'd said all along they should do rather than import saves.

Awesome! The things relating to Vigil's Keep were some of my favorite in Awakening. Well, in theory - the execution was a bit flat. So the aspect of leading the Inquisition is what interests me most about Inquisition. So far it seems to be fairly extensive. Let's hope that the marketing didn't inflate the role of agents and resource-distribution more than it actually matters in the game itself.

Yea, like they did with the ME3 ending which was TOTALLY not a glorified 3 dialogue option which they pulled out of their ass in the last minute and totally not like the "revolutionary" Kirkwall which "modeled" after your choices...

I really don't think they can afford to pull this kind of shit again, Not when they have TW3 as competiiton.

There is no character creator in the Keep. But you'll be able to (re)create the face of Hawke in game, but nobody knows when (I don't like it: first, I don't even like the idea of seeing my former character as a unplayable NPC -- and, second, saying nothing and making a surprise would have been better than this early reveal).

Why not the Warden instead? Bringing Hawke would remind me of the craptastic DA2 everytime I saw him.

why???

also you recreate Hawkes face again!? wtf is that shit
I don't like the idea of playing alongside a character that was once mine. Even if Hawke was a moron, I'm not sure I'll appreciate him talking without my input and making choices I wouldn't make. In any case, I expect the Hawke's part in DA:I to be short.
And of course you'll have to recreate the face of Hawke (or not if you use the default face, I guess), it's a totally different engine...

Why not the Warden instead? Bringing Hawke would remind me of the craptastic DA2 everytime I saw him.
For all I know, even if I survived the First Blight, my Warden is dead because of the Calling (which usually happens ten year after the Joining).
On the other hand, Hawke is alive no matter what.

Top Bottom