Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
It may be worth noting I think, that people who have played the game said that the tactical mode seemed more suited for pc, a lot of the times in a negative light since they were playing on consoles. Not meant to prove anything, just bringing that up to consider.

From what I've seen, not much of it looks more suited to consoles.

I know you had good (PR) intentions with this sorry ass video, Bioware, but again: epic fail! You really want to win back trust of PC players with such blabla videos of developers not even halfly interested in the PC version of the game? And with videos dedicated to the PC version in which you talk about console prompts? Holy mother of Jesus...

Either do it well or don't do it at all!

:facepalm:

She was referring to the first time they showed the game, at a presentation. Kinda hard to bring a keyboard and mouse there.

"We built it on PC back at the Beginning of Time, back when we were working on Origins".

Arrogant much? Evidence of their Forgotten History - the line is clearly drawn in his mind - "this far and no further!" ? The New Myth of Bioware ? Sermon for the New Church of the Young Earth ? Opening salvo at Creationists ? Feck... but I could continue indefinitely on this guys vapid statements alone, doing the whole 2 min video would take me all day though, and I must work ;)

But moving on to the evidence itself, what we see in those short minutes looks so different from the many hours we've already seen that I don't know what to think now. Is that the point? Will we get more from the PC before release? First thoughts that came to mind were: yeah ok it does look more like Origins & "looks like Wiley Coyote territory, wheres my Roadrunner awesome button?"

I think people are getting a little too nitpicky... I know people are disgruntled with Bioware and understandably so, but damn.

That said, I am wary of the PR tricks. As @Aes Sídhe said, the game does look different from what we've seen.

She was referring to the first time they showed the game, at a presentation. Kinda hard to bring a keyboard and mouse there.
I know that. Point is that it's pretty stupid to let her say that in a 3 minutes video which is titled "PC trailer". So Bioware obviously doesn't have enough to say about PC to fill even 3 minutes of video. They had to fill it up with a story of a dev how she experienced the moment they presented the CONSOLE version for the first time. That has NOTHING to do with the PC version of the game and it's beyond me why somebody at Bioware thought that it was a good idea to put that into THIS video...

With that said there will be a live stream on Twitch today about the PC controls and gameplay at 7pm CET.
http://www.twitch.tv/bioware

Maybe they have more to say about the actual topic this time.

Last edited:
After downloading DAO for free I decided to pre-order Inquisition. I love Origins a lot so I hope Inquisition is just as good.
The only thing that makes me sad is that the only cute party member is a gay guy and I don't like playing as a male character when I have a choice... but oh well. I shall just have to get over it :'(

after downloading dao for free i decided to pre-order inquisition. I love origins a lot so i hope inquisition is just as good.
The only thing that makes me sad is that the only cute party member is a gay guy and i don't like playing as a male character when i have a choice... But oh well. I shall just have to get over it :'(

Don't preorder games!!!

After downloading DAO for free I decided to pre-order Inquisition. I love Origins a lot so I hope Inquisition is just as good.
The only thing that makes me sad is that the only cute party member is a gay guy and I don't like playing as a male character when I have a choice... but oh well. I shall just have to get over it :'(

So the gay dude looks cute, huh? Interesting. I'd have thought most women would be interested in the big warden. He's the only character in there that I think looks like a boss.

People on Tumblr and Twitter are having a love fest with Cullen, but I always thought he looked... odd. And now that they've tried to make him look super dee dooper sexy awesome kewl, he just comes off as a try hard douchebag to me, lol.

edit: Wait, after seeing @ReptilePZ 's post, I just realized that was directed to Origins. Or was it? Zevran's the only gay one in Origins, and he's actually bisexual.

Last edited:
Don't preorder games!!!

Too late! Also I pre-ordered the Witcher 3 so I guess I'm a hopeless case. But I need something to play on my new gaming pc this xmas since TW3 isn't out till Feb.

Maybe they'll fix you up with a DLC?

(Dashing / Loving / ummm Cheerful?)

;)

I hope so :( otherwise I might end up being a lesbian inquisitor since the straight men aren't cute.

Contrary to popular belief, Alistair isn't gay.

Lmao STOP Alistair is my fave <3 My grey warden is totally hitting that.

So the gay dude looks cute, huh? Interesting. I'd have thought most women would be interested with the big warden. He's the only character in there that I think looks like a boss.

People on Tumblr and Twitter are having a love fest with Cullen, but I always thought he looked... odd. And now that they've tried to make him look super dee dooper sexy awesome kewl, he just comes off as a try hard douchebag to me, lol.

Well he only looks cute to me but maybe I have weird tastes, idk. My gay flatmate says he hates moustaches so he doesn't like Dorian. And the Grey Warden dude has a giant beard so that's a no for me too.

I don't think I've seen Cullen yet actually, so I might yet change my mind. Let me do a google search...

Haha, beards are awesome :lol: It's like wearing a witcher's trophy on your face. I'm growing out mine, though maybe not that huge. Mine's average length at the moment. Enough that I have to brush it. Can't really be a teacher with a big beard, but maybe after I get the position, I'll grow it out a bit more.

You can watch some PC gameplay of DA:I played with mouse&keyboard on their Twitch channel. Here is a direct link.

They finally showed something besides fighting. PC Menu,Inventory, Graphics options, conversations etc.

I don't think I've seen Cullen yet actually, so I might yet change my mind. Let me do a google search...

That's a better shot than the ones I've seen. The other ones make him look like a douche trying to put on a sexy face:

Though seeing it again, maybe I over exaggerated.

Lmao STOP Alistair is my fave <3 My grey warden is totally hitting that.

Are people being nasty to Alistair ? 'Cos I like him too, I thought he was a good character in DA:O. My hume female* backstabber partnered with him the whole game, he sworded & boarded so she could stick the knife in nps, eventually made him king, and got hitched at the end, probably charmed since he managed to keep her laughing through the lot, and thats the trick they say ;)

Good voice actor too as I recall. Him and the excellent Claudia "Morrigan" Black, are the only memorable companions for me, Kate Mulgrew of course stormed it too.

I've heard others were good, but I didn't use them. Tbh I dont recall DA2 much....

[*] Yes, I soft roleplay a female occasionally, what of it? ;)

Last edited:
I remember someone on here calling him an idiot, but I didn't pay much attention to them. Don't care what anyone says, everyone on the origins team was awesome, especially Alistair.

Well, maybe not Wynne. I don't agree with what she has to say about my boo, Morrigan. And her stance on the Circle. But, she's a sweet old lady. Fun to talk to.

And Alistair is hilarious. "Say you'll staaay!"

Top Bottom