Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I could have sworn they said it was still highly discouraged because of their discipline and lifestyle. Makes sense with desire demons and such.
It was heavily implied in Origins and walked back later.

I see they took Blink from Dishonored. Good move, that's a fun mechanic.

It's more like the Vanguard charge than blink imo. I hate the new combat style with melee. It's ridiculous. Especially rogue, Why can't they set up encounters differently? It's the same goddamn Bioware encounters from ages ago.

Last edited:
Pretty much why I'm sticking with magic for at least the first go. I'll either go with a big burly wizard dude with a beard, or something like Potema the Wolf Queen. A powerful female necromancer.

Yeah, she's great.
The only plot point I'm still interested is how the conflict between Morrigan and her mother will resolve. I bet they'll drag that unto game 5 of the series ptfff... :p

Actually I have an idea for a DLC or an expansion similar to Awakening

So the idea involves playing Morrigan since her toddlerhood to her early adult years and her relationship with her mother. At first she is a happy, very romantic person who likes the finer things in life and has a lot of cliched and naive preconceptions in life. As the story progresses Flemeth dispells them as mere fantasy and slowly molds Morrigan into the character we know today but even so she clings to these principles for a long time. At one time, they could even have Flemeth disappear for a while and see what Morrigan does with her freedom. They could also explore the insecure side of Morrigan, which is quite evident in her romance from DA:O, maybe she doesn't 100% believe in what Flemeth teches her but pretends to to live up to her?

Since we play since her toddlerhood there could even be a few character customization options but with a few obvious restrictions. We could change her hair color, a bit of her complection, her voice, maybe even tweak her weight (and Flemeth should react to this). Basically, since Morrigan is not fully formed yet we should be a allowed to customize her to a degree.

Oh I honestly don't care that he's a romanceable character. I just don't like it when they take concepts in the beginning of the game and change them later. It's annoying. He could have been romanceable even if they kept that concept of templars and "purity", even if it is only implied, and only as a discouragement due to their lifestyle. I think it would have been better then actually, since I'm sure many Cullen fans would love to have their characters be the one to "rock his world" and pop that templar cherry.

And there'd be the added drama and scandal, which always makes things hotter in my opinion.

edit: Lol, reminds me of Ironclad.

Embargo for DA:I reviews is up a week before release date.
Also, some impressions collected by shinobi602 [NeoGAF] from his source with a review copy.

• 'feels like what DA2 should have been. Lots of great conversations... Just about every character is interesting'
  • 'Loot button is mapped to the same button as jump. Sometimes when in a battle I want to jump and my character stops to loot. Not a big deal but slightly annoying'
  • 'scope is massive, you can see the Skyrim influence, visuals are astounding'

Awaiting the reviews then.

Also, some impressions collected by shinobi602 [NeoGAF] from his source with a review copy.

• 'feels like what DA2 should have been. Lots of great conversations... Just about every character is interesting'

• Looks like my suspicions were correct. I got this feeling too. Also who is that guy exactly? What is his background?

Shinobi602? Oh, he is a dude from NeoGAF who has friends in the industry - press mostly. He is a trusted source as most of his information turns out to be legit. He is not making this stuff up if that's what you're asking.

I see...well I will still maintain a healthy dose of skepticism until I get to play it but this makes me more hopeful.

Yes i have seen the pc version and its looks great has all the features you would want (Downsampling!!!!! i shall obliterate those pesky edges) but what i meant was that if the loot button and jump button would be mapped to the same key.These small mistakes are not unheard of.

• 'Loot button is mapped to the same button as jump. Sometimes when in a battle I want to jump and my character stops to loot. Not a big deal but slightly annoying'
  • 'scope is massive, you can see the Skyrim influence, visuals are astounding'

Lol this sounds good so far.
And luckily you can remap the keyboard so i'm definitely not going to have loot and jump as the same button.... sucks to be a console user however

I'm going to be sacrificing small children to various gods when the game is released in the hope it will run on my laptop.
Although that 'will it run on my pc' website said it wouldn't, it said the same about Dragon Age 2 but that runs fine with no crashes whatsoever. So I have hope.

Last edited:
Top Bottom