Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Because of what is it more a rpg then The Witcher? Because DAI has decreased it's ability and talent pool, has more and 'deeper' relationships? Like a quinari and dwarf. Because of Bioware's award winning writing? Because I have yet to see that...

You are comparing a game that come's out next week and a game that launches in 4 months and we know very little about.

Pffff....just because you cannot cope with the simple truth? :p

Ah, get over it.

DAI will be more of an RPG to me than Witcher 2 if it manages to make the choices you make and the ROLE you play in it actually affect the game itself and the Story, then it will be more of an RPG to me.

DAI will be more of an RPG to me than Witcher 2 if it manages to make the choices you make and the ROLE you play in it actually affect the game itself and the Story, then it will be more of an RPG to me.

I don't care, tbh. It's enough for me to know and state that it's not a CRPG and not a worthy successor to Dragon Age: Origins. This game doesn't deserve to continue the name Dragon Age. On the RPG codex people call such action and console-oriented RPG-like games "popamole games". I always neglected to use the term but I'm kind of mad at Bioware right now because they just lied to us PC gamers about Inquisition being truly tactical and PC friendly. Obviously, the opposite is true and so yes, it's a popamole game. Whether it's also a full RPG or not doesn't change anything so I don't really care about such quibbles... ;)

You are comparing a game that come's out next week and a game that launches in 4 months and we know very little about.
I said Witcher (and not Witcher 3) and meant the whole franchise. But that's neither important nor does it change anything imo.

Last edited:
I don't care. It's enough for me to know and state that it's not a CRPG and not a worthy successor to Dragon Age: Origins. This game doesn't deserve having the name Dragon Age. On the RPG codex call such console games "popamole games". I always neglected to use the term but I'm kind of mad at Bioware right now because they just lied to us PC gamers about Inquisition being truly tactical and PC friendly. Obviously, the opposite is true and so yes, it's a popamole game. Whether it's also a full RPG or not doesn't change anything so I don't really care about such quibbles... ;)

If you don't care, then don't be surprised if other people do the same to your views, just saying, hehehehehe

I actually agree with @LordCrash on this point actually. I think it all comes down by how you define an RPG game. For me, that is decided by how much I can roleplay in a given game e.g. create your own character, choose you class, make decisions, decide the course of social interactions, freedom of walking anywhere I want. Does those things make for a better game? Not necessarily. But on those things I would conclude that DA is more of an RPG then The Witcher 2.

I actually agree with @LordCrash on this point actually. I think it all comes down by how you define an RPG game. For me, that is decided by how much I can roleplay in a given game e.g. create your own character, choose you class, make decisions, decide the course of social interactions, freedom of walking anywhere I want. Does those things make for a better game? Not necessarily. But on those things I would conclude that DA is more of an RPG then The Witcher 2.

I agree as well, which just goes to show people how little the label of "RPG" matters in the quality of games. Dragon Age seems like more of an rpg. Still favor Witcher over at least these last 2 installments.

Origins vs Witcher, I dunno, they both fill a void in my gaming life. And before anyone says "Hurr durr, games not out yet, how can you tell you'll like Witcher more??" All I have to say is...

Come on.

edit:

Also, I'm really not one to start talking about what is and isn't an rpg... BUT...

When you take away my choice in character build... the most basic rpg component out there... that's definitely a reason to discuss this topic.

Last edited:
I checked the last ones. Well it seems I was fucking right all those years ago when I talked about a certain bad guy from DA 2 Legacy being in DA:I, it seems however he is not the main villain.

Also Loghain, BUT WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO HIS FACE?! Also Alistair was shocking. I mean really?

Last edited:
It's not like they could have done any worse to his face ;) Looks fine to me, even if it's not exactly him. Better than what they did to Cullen, who still looks like a dweeb, especially when actually talking. At least in Origins he looked like he could kill something.

I find it odd that in the youtube comments, people who criticize Bioware are accused of being "Gamergaters" in response to them saying "Biodrones". Fitting I think. And odd that this is an insult.

It's not like they could have done any worse to his face ;) Looks fine to me, even if it's not exactly him. Better than what they did to Cullen, who still looks like a dweeb, especially when actually talking. At least in Origins he looked like he could kill something..

Leave my pixel husband out of this

Haha, don't blame me, Bioware's the one that put a pussycat in a lion's helm :p He doesn't look like he'd survive in prison, lets just say that.

I'm blaming you for being rude!!!! Take a seat and leave my cute templar out of this!! He's done nothing wrong he's just pretty u___u that's not a crime!

I'm blaming you for being rude!!!! Take a seat and leave my cute templar out of this!! He's done nothing wrong he's just pretty u___u that's not a crime!

A crime? No. But it's sure as hell funny :lol: It wouldn't be as funny or worth pointing out if they didn't try so hard to make him look badass in the early shots we saw.
I'll bet ten bucks he's afraid of getting wet, lol.

If I approach this the way I do Sacred, that is to loot and explore, this game might be fun. I'm not invested in the universe and the characters I cared about in Origins are long gone. But the MP, exploration and looting could be quite enjoyable.

I'd find exploring more fun if I actually cared about Thedas and its history, but to be honest, I really don't. At least, not as much as I do Tamriel.

Top Bottom