Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
If Inquisition proves anything it's that you shouldn't make ONE GUI and ONE menu structure for both PC and console. CDPR should really re-evaluate their unified approach here. PC controls almost always suffer from such crap.

Ooh I know we read that in DA:I there aren't any healing spells but.... the Knight Enchanter tree seems to have a healing spell....? Weird.

@LordCrash
I have precisely 0 interest for people having the same taste and opinion than me (never met them though, did you?). I keep seeing people more experienced than me in gaming (and with "better taste", I guess) falling in love with junk games and, on the other hand, dismissing good games, sometimes rationally, sometimes out of mere snobism or prejudice.
I'm looking for genuine and natural reactions to a game; gaming is not a "serious business" to me, it's only fun, wonder, and entertainment (because I'm very intellectual about all other aspects of my life, sex and cannibalism excepted).
I'm more convinced by a game quality by watching my wife playing it and having fun, killing my left mouse button, swearing or enraging, for instance. People arguing about "contexts", whether it is the downfall of gaming, the profanation of role-playing games, DRM or the number of frames bear little weight to me in the long run (especially when they get money out of it), compared to that.

I do agree about trust though. You're right in making me discard that stupid word. And I'm well aware twitch is far from being the ideal media for gaming.

Last edited:
Ooh I know we read that in DA:I there aren't any healing spells but.... the Knight Enchanter tree seems to have a healing spell....? Weird.

As far as I know that spell is only really usable once in a fight, two if you are very lucky during a boss battles. It is not depend on mana but on focus which builds up during battles.. So one can hardly rely on it during fights.

The removal of healing could prove to be interesting. The game seems to have plenty of damage preventing abilities and spells and that could in a way substitute healing.

@LordCrash I keep seeing people more experienced than me in gaming

I understand you, I really do.

I think we just have two very different backgrounds. For me gaming is a serious business and I'm quite emotionally attached to it. I do play games almost every day and i read about games amost every day. I even dare to say that I'm more experienced in certain genres than a lot of professional reviewers out there so our situation might indeed be different. But nevertheless, getting as much information as possible is still the best recommendation I can give to every interested consumer, no matter how invested in gaming. ;)

The removal of healing could prove to be interesting. The game seems to have plenty of damage preventing abilities and spells and that could in a way substitute healing.
Either that or it's just another element that was streamlined and dumbed down...

But "plenty" is maybe a bit overstated anyway. You basically have to cast shields on your tanks and warriors and you have to restrict yourself to 8 potions in combat. That's about the whole mystery. To me that doesn't sound like a sophisticated or complex tactical system. It sounds like a simple system which is there to not overstraining players with too many options or depth...

Last edited:
As far as I know that spell is only really usable once in a fight, two if you are very lucky during a boss battles. It is not depend on mana but on focus which builds up during battles.. So one can hardly rely on it during fights.

Yes I suppose it's not exactly the same as healing spells, but I think having this ability will be a useful thing during battles against Dragons or boss fights.
...just as long as your knight enchanter doesn't die before she can cast it.

Oh lighten up, haste is much more powerful in Inquisition than it was in DA:O. It looks as though it will actually make a massive difference.
It's lame. A Tevinter magister should have had something diabolical and deadly and... interesting. Something new. Recycling one of Wynne's spells is sad.

I never used Haste in DAO myself, since it negated the DPS of rogues with Momentum and its main purpose was speeding you through the Deep Roads.
Okay also I have a pretty major spoiler here which I will post so don't click it unless you want to be spoiled!!! [It's about one of the advisors, if that helps as to whether you want to click it]

apparently if you make a certain decision this can happen to Leliana... yikes
Which probably means she'll live forever and have another 5 DLC devoted to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
zero cohesion in the art direction. it's like the people who designed the clothing lived in different cities and didn't communicate.

Okay also I have a pretty major spoiler here which I will post so don't click it unless you want to be spoiled!!! [It's about one of the advisors, if that helps as to whether you want to click it]

apparently if you make a certain decision this can happen to Leliana... yikes
I wonder how will Cullen look if we send him to Redcliffe instead of Leliana...
(sorry, I had to say that :)

zero cohesion in the art direction. it's like the people who designed the clothing lived in different cities and didn't communicate.

It's the fantasy blender approach. Late 19th / early 20th century gala uniform jacket, button arrangement and epaulettes from earlier parts of the 19th century, generic high medieval period belt. But basically, Cullen looks like a generic European officer in gala uniform circa 1880-1914. Tevinter zeppelins are inbound and will start bombing Val Royaux, ruining the masqued ball. Meanwhile, in neighbouring Ferelden people still live in the 1200's.

It ain't Witcherverse and it ain't Elder Scrolls, but it's very D&D Forgotten Realms-y. It's also a bit JRPG.

I'm going to gut Cullen with a rusty kitchen knife and then choke him to death with his entrails.

Oops, it seems Warlords of Draenor is getting to me.

Top Bottom