Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
If you're referring to my Qunari picture that isn't the point.

In Qunari culture everyone is assigned a role and to stray from that role is violating the Qun(that's what I get from Sten anyway) and they side step this entirely(because of their SJW agenda?).

What makes you think Krem is part of the Qun? He's a human not a Qunari, not to mention that whilst Iron Bull is technically a Qunari, an integral part of his character is that he has problems with the way of the Qun, so it could be that this is part of that reason. If you haven't played the game, it's slightly unfair of you to suggest that there is no lore justification. I'm sure there is one in the game.

What makes you think Krem is part of the Qun? He's a human not a Qunari, not to mention that whilst Iron Bull is technically a Qunari, an integral part of his character is that he has problems with the way of the Qun, so it could be that this is part of that reason. If you haven't played the game, it's slightly unfair of you to suggest that there is no lore justification. I'm sure there is one in the game.

it just doesn't make sense for them to have a word for it? Do other irl religions have a word for transexuals?? having a word for it means they're accepted in the society which contradicts the previous lore (yeah I did play both games before) unless they're a subcategory of tal-vashoth but why would you the Qun create a subcategory when they're going to re-educate/kill all tal-vashoth anyway.

ah but if you want something but it's not really tangible to your character

like say Power Points or Paragon Points. I was trying to get this piece of armor in AC:U and it said complete 40 random crowd events and you get this cool sleeve armor. It doesn't made any sense. It's "game-y". It'd make a lot more sense if the quest was from a tailor and you needed to steal some fabric the templars are hoarding or whatever only then will he design a sleeve to conceal your hidden blade better.

I agree. Instead of a roleplay reason to do these quests, they present you with only a gameplay reason like in a JRPG or something.

---------- Updated at 09:50 PM ----------

As for the Qunari and transgenders @Princess_Ciri, forget about all the vashoth stuff, this doesn't make sense simply because of what Sten says in Origins about Qunari and accepting what they are. Even the mages simply accept their lot in life, to the extreme of being chained slaves. I find it hard to believe the Qunari accept a person that can't even accept their own gender. I smell bullshit.

I am of course assuming that giving them a name means they accept them. It's possible that isn't the case.

Got the game, downloading the updates right now. Ill tell what i think of the game next year, some times before February 24 :p

I managed to fix the FPS issue. Created desktop shortcut and added this line to the shortcut: -GameTime.MaxSimFps 70 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

I'm not sure I will be able to get the game on launch...Oh well, at least I'll have time to watch some impressions before making the plunge.

I've had no issues with the keyboard and mouse, but I did turn down Post Processing because I hate motion blur. Things got a lot smoother.

I just got out of character creation, lol. I like it. Game looks pretty damn good. Have everything on max settings. Expected it to look better on max, but still good. Only problems with character creation I had was I wasn't crazy about the beards, but they'll do. Hair options suck ass, but they'll do. Love everything else about it though. Best character creation on any game I've seen, besides the hair options. Not even a length modifier.

I am assuming Gaider will create an in-lore justification, but like the others mentioned, the Qun seems to be pretty clear about people having to accept their assigned role in life.
Here’s a piece of dialog from Dragon Age: Origins :

Sten: Why are you here?
Leliana: What do you mean?
Sten: Women are priests, artisans, farmers or shopkeepers. None of them have any place in fighting.
Leliana: I have no idea how to answer this...
Sten: It is not done. There is no more to it.
Leliana: Do you mean your people have no female mages or warriors?
Sten: Of course not. Why would our women wish to be men?
Leliana: What are you talking about? They don't wish to be men.
Sten: They shouldn't. That can only lead to frustration.
Leliana: Sten...no, never mind. Let's drop this.

That Krem isn’t the first transgender character in Dragon Age by the way. There was a transgender prostitute in Dragon Age II (admittedly a very minor NPC), and another transgender woman in the comics - Varric’s cousin’s wife, if I remember correctly.

But hey, popular media. I remember a quote from ‘300’- ah, here’s the one:
Leonidas: Submission. Well, that's a bit of a problem. See, rumor has it that the Athenians have already turned you down. And if those philosophers and... boy-lovers have found that kind of nerve—‘.

What super-manly Leonidas didn’t mention is that the real Spartans were boy-lovers par excellence, but hey, that doesn’t sell in a product intended for a mass audience. If 300 can rewrite actual real-world history, then Gaider can alter his own lore if he wants to and put in all the transgender pansexual Qunari he wants.

First attempt at a character:

But hey, popular media. I remember a quote from ‘300’- ah, here’s the one:
Leonidas: Submission. Well, that's a bit of a problem. See, rumor has it that the Athenians have already turned you down. And if those philosophers and... boy-lovers have found that kind of nerve—‘.

What super-manly Leonidas didn’t mention is that the real Spartans were boy-lovers par excellence, but hey, that doesn’t sell in a product intended for a mass audience. If 300 can rewrite actual real-world history, then Gaider can alter his own lore if he wants to and put in all the transgender pansexual Qunari he wants.

Actually that was a a reference to the fact that Athenians legally allowed the prostitution of a very young boys, so he was mocking them for prefering boys over a real men.

The hair doesn't look that bad if you make it black or brown, anything lighter and it just looks like plastic.

Top Bottom