Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
There's a pretty big gap in difficulty to me for mages and warriors. Used to be mages had it best. But the sword and board warrior's added defense ability combined with a taunt ability early on is just superior. Barrier in comparison is super weak, and it dwindles as time elapses, while the warrior's armor ability does not. Difference is the mage can apply it to multiple team members, but unfortunately it works as an area effect, so you can only give it to who you can hit. So you'd have to order them to a spot to get the whole team.

I noticed that the code I put in the shortcut basically made the game look like ultra instead of max settings, so I reverted back. I can deal with the cutscenes being a tad choppy if it means I see more detailed picture.

Last edited:
tbh I enjoy playing as a mage the most because you get more interesting dialogue and people react to you in more interesting ways

BUT

from playing DA2 and DA:O as a rogue I think I prefer their combat style. I think my second playthrough is definitely going to be a rogue.

They cap the cinematics because they fear lip sync issues otherwise, but it's not a solution at all.

Honestly I am playing on Nightmare and although I ain't finding the enemies in the Hinterlands too hard, they aren't a cakewalk either. It's more of a case of an endurance run since potions are capped and you don't have healing spells.

The respawing enemies are bitch, different kinds though respawn in general. As for the whole mages vs templars and story in general the game is building things VERY slowly.

I've fixed it myself.

Honestly I am....actually liking the game a LOT. I can't believe I am saying it but it has a lot of things I do like, a game that doesn't shove thousands of words of dialogue at you quickly and expect you to care, interesting dialogues with companions and a detailed world in the larger zones.

They also went for a far less retarded approach this time and the politics...at least political options do make sense and they do acknowledge the idiocies of problems of past games. The Arishok of DA2 if he lives is executed if you spare him because he went retard mode.

Last edited:
There's a lot of stuff to gather and things to find. Collectibles, side quests, fetch quests etc. but it does feel meaningful versus a lot of other games since many of them give you Inquisition XP and power. Power being needed to unlock story missions.

You also feel like the leader of an organization, DELEGATING things to your advisers.

Also there's a pro Loghain quartermaster that you have, she's even pissed if he lived since she views it as a waste for Fereldan to throw away it's best general to the Grey Wardens. This I like.

These endless spawns of enemies I see people talking about, are they linked to anything, so that if you fix something or overtake a camp the respawns stops or are they just court in endless loop and therefore never ending? If it's the latter I will be severely disappointed and a properly a nail in the coffin stopping me buying it.

Wow, I must say... loving the armor. They even have infinite amounts, so you can buy the same set for your team and match, lol. At the risk of sounding like a teenage girl, I love clothes in games, so this is really really cool for me. Only problem I have is Varric looks awesome in this common set of armor for him... but it covers his chest hair.... decisions decisions.

Wow, I must say... loving the armor. They even have infinite amounts, so you can buy the same set for your team and match, lol. At the risk of sounding like a teenage girl, I love clothes in games, so this is really really cool for me. Only problem I have is Varric looks awesome in this common set of armor for him... but it covers his chest hair.... decisions decisions.

No shame Unkindled, I spent at least 10 hours planning transmogs for my WoW toons.

The mission to look cool is a worthy one.

---------- Updated at 07:06 PM ----------

Although I'm waiting a few months with my own playthrough, I'm already thinking about my character, and at the moment Alix Wilton Regan is tilting the favor towards a female protagonist. I don't quite like how the male voice actors sound.

Are you guys playing on the PC or on a console?

Mine's PC. I feel kinda bad for console players, because I can't imagine it looks too good there or very next gen. Game looks great on max and ultra, but lower than that and a lot of detail is missing.

Though that thing about the dusty pants, I don't know what that's about, but either it's an issue only with the initial outfit, or your clothes get dirty as you traverse, as the same thing did eventually happen with me even on max. Only thing is I was in a snowy area in the beginning so if it's true, it's a minor slip up, lol.

Mine's PC. I feel kinda bad for console players, because I can't imagine it looks too good there or very next gen. Game looks great on max and ultra, but lower than that and a lot of detail is missing.

Though that thing about the dusty pants, I don't know what that's about, but either it's an issue only with the initial outfit, or your clothes get dirty as you traverse, as the same thing did eventually happen with me even on max. Only thing is I was in a snowy area in the beginning so if it's true, it's a minor slip up, lol.

Derp i just realised Costin has been talking about framerates on the pc.

I've been seeing a lot of people complaining about the PC controls /auto attack
Have you guys found it annoying or not a problem?

That's a load of bullshit, sorry. A man is born with a penis, case closed. End of story. I'm not transphobic for not accepting that bs. I don't hate or fear anyone.

Anyway, Sten made it clear that the Qunari accept what they are and what cards they're dealt from the Qun. This goes directly against that.
Honestly I think Sten's words can be interpreted to be the opposite of what you're saying. He insists a female Warden can't be a woman because she's a warrior. They're assigned roles, but to them the role defines the gender rather than the other way around. It's not a western "follow your bliss" kind of identity concept, but I can see where it's in some ways more flexible just because it is so utilitarian.

Not putting it past Bioware to try to feed us social justice shenanigans, of course. Anders got pretty preachy in the last game and I expect some more of the same.

Costin actually liking the game? lol I'll be trying it later but it sounds like a driver update is sorely needed.

Honestly I think Sten's words can be interpreted to be the opposite of what you're saying. He insists a female Warden can't be a woman because she's a warrior. They're assigned roles, but to them the role defines the gender rather than the other way around. It's not a western "follow your bliss" kind of identity concept, but I can see where it's in some ways more flexible just because it is so utilitarian.

Not putting it past Bioware to try to feed us social justice shenanigans, of course. Anders got pretty preachy in the last game and I expect some more of the same.

Costin actually liking the game? lol I'll be trying it later but it sounds like a driver update is sorely needed.

I interpreted that more as surprise that a woman was fighting, not that fighting makes you not a woman. That's how it sounded when he said this to Morrigan. And if it did, that directly contradicts the quote I used from Sten about accepting your lot in life. "The farmer is never a merchant, he is always a farmer become merchant."

---------- Updated at 12:34 PM ----------

Derp i just realised Costin has been talking about framerates on the pc.

I've been seeing a lot of people complaining about the PC controls /auto attack
Have you guys found it annoying or not a problem?

Not really, it just takes some getting used to I think. The controls overall are pretty good.

Top Bottom