Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I interpreted that more as surprise that a woman was fighting, not that fighting makes you not a woman. That's how it sounded when he said this to Morrigan. And if it did, that directly contradicts the quote I used from Sten about accepting your lot in life. "The farmer is never a merchant, he is always a farmer become merchant."
He insists a female Warden can't be a woman if she's also a warrior. It sounded pretty dogmatic to me.

Not really, it just takes some getting used to I think. The controls overall are pretty good.

Fantastic. I was getting a bit concerned bc people were saying on reddit they'd returned their game over it. But if it's not an issue for you I assume it won't be for me.

He insists a female Warden can't be a woman if she's also a warrior. It sounded pretty dogmatic to me.

Even so, the statement he made before seems to draw the line in the sand, no? Anyway, that's just how I interpreted it.

---------- Updated at 12:40 PM ----------

Fantastic. I was getting a bit concerned bc people were saying on reddit they'd returned their game over it. But if it's not an issue for you I assume it won't be for me.

Indeed. I tested both keyboard and controller, and they both work well, and I'm new to keyboard and mouse gameplay. Still prefer controller for walking around though. That seems to have been designed with controller in mind. Same for the interface.

---------- Updated at 12:52 PM ----------

@Veleda: See, this makes it very clear. "These are beyond his control, we do not choose, we simply are."

He's definitely not suggesting she's indeed a man. More like saying "Why is a woman trying to be a man?"

Screenshot of me :) A little earlier:

You look like blonde santa!!

Oooooh I can't wait to create my Inquisitor. I am hoping Bioware's new CC will let me create a character that looks like me. That is the life aim.

You look like blonde santa!!

Oooooh I can't wait to create my Inquisitor. I am hoping Bioware's new CC will let me create a character that looks like me. That is the life aim.

:lol: That's my theme apparently. Nothing's more pimp than a blonde santa. Instead of children, bitches sit on my lap, lol. Cassandra...

:lol: That's my theme apparently. Nothing's more pimp than a blonde santa. Instead of children, bitches sit on my lap, lol. Cassandra...

Please be more respectful towards our Queen and Saviour Cassandra when you are talking about her!!!!

the armour looks cool btw, is that default armour or did you make it?

Please be more respectful towards our Queen and Saviour Cassandra when you are talking about her!!!!

the armour looks cool btw, is that default armour or did you make it?
Its a common armor you can buy early, which is awesome. I have cassandra matching me, lol, but she wears her default stuff when not in your party. Here's a better shot:

Shiny, lol. I bet they have schematics for it though. There's another pretty good set they just give you. Basic stuff like this but smaller, more simple. You can make that with schematics right off the bat.

---------- Updated at 01:47 PM ----------

@Princess_Ciri, also, friggin Josephine is sexy as hell... Cassandra has competition, lol. Though I still prefer tough chicks.

And in that scene where you first see the head hooblas, lol, I'm glad to say Cullen didn't seem like a kiss ass, thankfully. He still has his bias against mages.

I don't like the child of Morrigan and the warden... his voice and his 'burden' makes me think he will turn into a archdemon. Maybe he is the end boss? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
also, friggin Josephine is sexy as hell... Cassandra has competition, lol. Though I still prefer tough chicks.

Awesome, Josephine is available for female inquisitors too, right? I haven't paid much attention to her because Cassandra is my favourite but we'll see. There's also Sera to consider....

And in that scene where you first see the head hooblas, lol, I'm glad to say Cullen didn't seem like a kiss ass, thankfully. He still has his bias against mages.

GOOD i want angsty romance in my mage playthrough with him

@Princess_Ciri, I believe Josephine swings both ways, yes. I remember Veleda mentioning that to me when we were talking about Blackwall. Apparently those two get together by default if you don't with one of them.

Liking combat now too. I use shield wall after taunt and challenge, let the enemies hit me while I laugh in their faces at their useless strikes, then move Varric and Solas behind them to dish out the long ranged damage while Cassandra and I stay close. Pretty satisfying when you manage to defeat a group without taking damage.

Honestly I think Sten's words can be interpreted to be the opposite of what you're saying. He insists a female Warden can't be a woman because she's a warrior. They're assigned roles, but to them the role defines the gender rather than the other way around. It's not a western "follow your bliss" kind of identity concept, but I can see where it's in some ways more flexible just because it is so utilitarian.

Not putting it past Bioware to try to feed us social justice shenanigans, of course. Anders got pretty preachy in the last game and I expect some more of the same.
It's a lot less flexible, well untill they water it down.
Tamassran (priest) is a female role, only females can be Tamassran. These females assign those in the Qun their roles and selectively breed them for their roles.While the Ariqun (responsible for the priests and a sort of Qun police) can be both male or female. Also there never is any cross breeding between races. You are either elf or human or Qunari not a mixture of those.
While:
The Arishok is the leader and highest ranking general of the antaam, the military branch of the Qunari. He is part of the Triumvirate and leads what is believed to be the "body" of the Qunari. Due to Qunari belief that only males can be professional warriors, he is always male.

Where as the Arigena is always female:
She represents the embodiment of the industrial, agricultural and mercantile aspect of the Qunari government, having oversight over what the Qunari believe to be the 'mind' of their society. The Arigena is always a female.

see also: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/166710-question-about-the-antaam/#5914913
and this one if you really have time http://forum.bioware.com/topic/129021-questions-about-the-qunari/?bioware=1

They wouldn't do much other gender with a diffrent role You are what they say you are otherwise you will be Tal-Vashoth

Last edited:
How are the spell effects? Are they as distracting as they seem?

Thank the gods, no. Not even the enchanted effects. It all just seems appropriate. Only lingering magical effect on my warrior is Solas' barriers in battle. Otherwise any colors from my abilities dissipate quickly. No my little pony farts. Can't speak for rogue classes yet though.

Top Bottom