Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Is it better in tactical mode?

I use tactical mode regularly, so probably. I play as a warrior, so no magic coming from me, I only have Cassandra, Solas and Varric to deal with, I spread my teammates out on the field to separate the enemy a bit so they're easier to manage, and I always go for mages and archers first. Also, I'm playing on my tv, not a monitor, so that may make it easier for me to deal with magic stuff too. There are color effects, but when you're actually playing, and you're focused on what you're doing, I don't think you're inclined to care.

My question might have drowned in the middle of all the excitement, but are there a way to stop the endless re-spawns of mages and templars that people have mentioned a few times in this thread? Or are they never ending?

I saw butt spoilers and I feel half sad and half happy....

Oh, I forgot to say, that thing in the beginning that I thought was a glitch with the pants really is a dirt effect from traveling, my bad :lol: It just threw me off because it looked like dirt from a desert and we were in a place with nothing but snow and ice everywhere. Besides that hickup, I think it's a cool effect. So the ultra and max settings pretty much look the same, max is just slightly more detailed.

Oh, I forgot to say, that thing in the beginning that I thought was a glitch with the pants really is a dirt effect from traveling, my bad :lol: It just threw me off because it looked like dirt from a desert and we were in a place with nothing but snow and ice everywhere. Besides that hickup, I think it's a cool effect. So the ultra and max settings pretty much look the same, max is just slightly more detailed.

Your credibility, it's forever lost man...:(

Now gather your party and venture forth :)

Lol :p It was a silly mistake, but dusty pants just looks so out of place in snow, I thought for sure it had to be some sort of coloring screw up with the game. It doesn't help that the dirt isn't detailed either, so it looked like fabric texture,

Lol Varric asked who they thought was the toughest between Leliana, Cassandra and Josephine of all people, and Solas said what about Cullen? Varric said they just keep him around to look pretty. See? Even Varric thinks he's a bitch :p Alpha males can sniff out betas and with that chest hair, Varric is all Alpha.

may I ask how performance is for you guys on max or even high settings? I've been hearing mixed messages on optimisation.

may I ask how performance is for you guys on max or even high settings? I've been hearing mixed messages on optimisation.

I've had three crashes today from running it on max. Currently installing drivers now, so I'll run it like this for another day to see if that fixes it. Otherwise, I'll put it down to Ultra. Game runs good beyond those crashes though.

---------- Updated at 07:26 PM ----------

Oh, and there's the occasional choppiness too.

What annoys me is that the EA forums are full of idiots asking EA why DA:I won't run, and they're using dual core systems :mean:

they're clogging up the messageboards. There are people using 6 cores having the same issue but they're getting ignored bc EA is sweeping them all under the "dual core" problem.

Obviously it isn't a dual core problem but when so many people are asking why their dual core system isn't working i want to scream at them

Airight, played a few hours and... I'm not impressed. The world is pretty, but it doesn't feel meaningful. It's like an MMO world. And the controls are all so frustrating- gah, I hate having to run up to something and circle around til I find the tiny, tiny hit box to activate it. The character creator looks like it has a lot of options, but after a long while fiddling I was never able to get a character that looks remotely like I wanted. The hair options suck ASS, for one thing. No dark hair, and about 10 kind of USMC buzz cut. Was that really necessary for women? All in all, it's just... boring. Skyrim drew me in and made me want to explore. This place, I feel like I have to grind the next thing, and I'd like to talk to my companions, but they're too busy talking to each other.

As the reviews said, the tactical camera is useless. It's DA2's camera with a wilder swing. During the boss fight I had no idea what the fuck was going on. And, I really didn't care much.

I'll keep playing it, but I can see this game isn't going to have a lot of replay value for me. I'm surprised people here are so positive about it.

I didn't see any option for dark (black) hair. And yeah, no long hair. I don't expect really long hair, but they should have been paying attention to tmp7704's Tucked Hair mod for DAO.

I didn't see any option for dark (black) hair. And yeah, no long hair. I don't expect really long hair, but they should have been paying attention to tmp7704's Tucked Hair mod for DAO.

Really? There's like three or four "black hair" options, and two or three brownish ones I think. That's strange it's missing on yours.

Maybe I missed them, I thought it was strange.

Speaking of strange...
Doesn't the whole "recall the Inquisition" feel really abrupt and forced? What's the Inquisition? Who cares? As a Dalish elf, I feel pretty railroaded. That handshake with Cassandra, I was like... girl, did that Fade rift knock you on your head? Tell these shems to find their own damn Herald and head for the hills.

Top Bottom