Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Yea, that's what I said earlier. That and Cassandra was too eager to call me daddy, lol. Too willing to throw leadership my way which I don't think is in her personality.

Not really a spoiler though.

Cassandra's definitely the most interesting character. That and she has a good character model. My elven PC is painfully thin. She stands awkwardly, moves awkwardly, and looks like you could snap her in half. From behind she looks like a teenage boy who just had his growth spurt. That and the waxy hair and fake shiny lips... it sucks that you have to look at the PC so often because of cutscenes.

It's a drag that you can't talk to anyone, too. I had to run off to do errands and my companions are bantering without me.

Very much like the game so far :D
Came across a bug that changed my voice actor lawl.
Also a very nice bug that slung a to high leveled enemy for me up in the air and making it loose 60% HP on the way down giving me the chance to fuck it up which i did :D

You know, everything @Veleda said about the world being MMO ish is 100 percent true, and yet I'm still enjoying myself and liking the game. There's not much communicating while traveling, but there seems to be plenty back at base, though not that much of it is all that interesting honestly. I like talking with Cassandra though, and being rude as possible to Leliana while she bitches and moans about the maker, LOL.

I don't know, I guess this game awakened my inner OCD with all the random stuff on the maps. Same thing happened with assassins creed but I didn't mind it. Generally I really hate MMOish things, but don't mind it here. I guess it's because I enjoy the combat and dont have a problem with the tactical camera like everyone else. Probably because I never experienced DA: O's tactical camera on PC, so this is actually an improvement for me.

And coming from console to high end PC, I'm admittedly pretty charmed by the visuals. Liking my character I think also plays a role, so if someone else wasn't able to make the person they wanted, I could understand disliking the character creation. I wasn't able to make exactly what I wanted either. The beard's also not really where I want it to be exactly, and I'm hoping some mods will come in for that.

But, just with the busy work, fighting and reading, I'm liking it. Got my ass handed to me by this pair of rage demon bosses on hard in a rift, and had to retreat and wait till I leveled up some more. Which never happened for me on Origins. It is easy to be overwhelmed by everything on screen if you're not careful. Wasn't like that for me until I started discovering stronger enemies in different situations. But that just encourages me to be more careful. Still enjoying it.

I'm not far in but I think I'm probably going to end up putting it on easy and soldiering through. How are you even using the tactical camera? It's useless. It swings around wildly, you can't really do anything in it anyway, then it gets stuck on something and instead of looking at the field you're looking at the inside of a statue.

I'm not far in but I think I'm probably going to end up putting it on easy and soldiering through. How are you even using the tactical camera? It's useless. It swings around wildly, you can't really do anything in it anyway, then it gets stuck on something and instead of looking at the field you're looking at the inside of a statue.

I don't know, lol, I don't have that issue. I use it to zoom ahead, see what I'm facing, then I use it to give commands and position my characters. Some fights I couldn't have won without it honestly. Only issue with it I've had is when it doesn't go far out enough to target a distant enemy. Though to be fair, it's usually because I'm trying to be a cheap whore, lol, but this is on hard.

---------- Updated at 09:33 PM ----------

@Veleda, You know, I'm also using my xbox controller, so that could be it. I did test out the keyboard for the early parts of my mage character, and I liked it, but that was just the early part of the game. Could easily be different once you get into the real open world section.

I said earlier that a lot of this feels like it was designed mainly for console players, so that could be the issue here too.

Ah yes. Some nobs on BSN were saying "PC elitists, buy a controller." :rebel:

Lol unfortunately, that's probably good advice. Whoever mentioned it was odd seeing them whip out a controller and talk about pressing A on the PC pandering trailer... lol they called it way back when.

---------- Updated at 09:40 PM ----------

Also, Cassandra's backstory is actually pretty interesting, I think. I'm surprised I like her despite her Maker and chantry junk.

Goddamnit, Windows fucking strikes again. I thought the game crashed, but NOOO. Microsoft's just bitching at me because I won't install their stupid shit. Fuck YOU. Now I gotta go through all this damn dialogue again. ARGH. Windows 8 is so annoying.

Toegoff's first impressions aren't great...

For people that are still on the fence regarding Inquisition, I would reccomend watching his LP. he loved Dragon Age Origins and also Witcher. Most of his "following" from the regulars in this community in fact comes from that time in late 2009- early 2010.

If it's true that somehow the narrative changes after the fifteen hour mark like I've heard, that's still a knock to the game if you ask me. Shouldn't take that long to get to the meat. I'm at the point now where I'm going to start ignoring a lot of stuff to get to that point. I thought doing these little tasks and junk would be worth it for xp, but I've cleared half the map of one of these places and it really didn't get me very high up. So I'm gonna start skip skippidying like I figured I would.

---------- Post merged on 19-11-2014 at 12:05 AM ----------

Update: Okay, after slugging through enemy after enemy just by traversing the map, I finally decided to take the shit off hard... It's just too much of an annoyance to bother with when there's no end in sight of enemies, and fighting them has very little payoff, so fuck it, lol.

---------- Updated at 12:19 AM ----------

Thank god, finally got a horse.

---------- Updated at 12:26 AM ----------

Holy SHIT, dragon swoop.

---------- Updated at 01:14 AM ----------

Fucking Orlesians.

That video's spot on except I'd say the controls were smoother in DA2. The devolution of PC controls getting more and more frustrating has continued.

Also, the game that it reminds me of is Elder Scrolls Online. I only played the beta but it was JUST LIKE THIS, down to the beginning scenes, plus the very restricted classes, empty combat and empty fetch quests. So if you like that game, there you go. DAI is not like Skyrim, let alone DA Origins. The early scene with Ralof and his family in Skyrim had more emotional content than the entire few opening hours of DAI.

Right now I'm recalling Mark Darrah saying that PC was the lead platform and the PC has its own UI. I mean, keybinding is nice, but that should just be basic functionality. If they think this is PC optimized... Suckered by Bioware marketing, AGAIN.

On balance, I had a lot of issues with Witcher 2 at the beginning too- consolized controls, laggy controls, plus artificial difficulty. And I ended up liking if not loving that game. So we'll see.

Last edited:
I've heard from multiple people that the game feels like an MMO and that the story picks up
roughly 5-10 hours into the game.

But to be completely honest, a well designed game should do that from the first minute onward.

I still think DA:I will be fun to play, but to me it's no rival to the Witcher 3 - at least from what I've seen ~

I've heard from multiple people that the game feels like an MMO and that the story picks up
roughly 5-10 hours into the game.

But to be completely honest, a well designed game should do that from the first minute onward.

I still think DA:I will be fun to play, but to me it's no rival to the Witcher 3 - at least from what I've seen ~

I hope this is in Witcher 3 favor.

Top Bottom