Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Oops, sorry, level six. Whatever. It's just not worth it to do all this. I think if you scale it down and look at how far I am in the game story wise and compare it to origins, level six at this point would be reasonable. But the problem is that they made their levels "open world". You can't be controlling of player level advancement in a setting like that, you just can't.

Lol that's funny.

Anyway, so that's where I'm at. I'll stop hating on the game for now and get back to it. I really want to like this game, and at first I did, but man, I've never been this discouraged to play a triple A title before. I managed to go through the first Two Worlds with more optimism... I don't know if I'll make it through this or not though. We'll see.

Last edited:
The "no double post" forum stuff seems to be giving some headaches at the moment...

Anyway, I've been looking at the user metacritic reviews that give it a score of between 5 and 7, on the basis that with that score, they're neither haters nor those who think the game is perfect. Some interesting comments.

---------- Updated at 08:44 PM ----------

The "no double post" forum stuff seems to be giving some headaches at the moment...

Anyway, I've been looking at the user metacritic reviews that give it a score of between 5 and 7, on the basis that with that score, they're neither haters nor those who think the game is perfect. Some interesting comments.

I totally get the 5.5s now, @Gordon Bennet. I'd probably give the game a six personally so far, and no higher.

---------- Updated at 08:01 AM ----------

LOL I got contacted by a dude Templar that has the voice of a woman, and not sure if this is more Bioware social justice lesson crap, glitch, or if they finally acknowledged the bitch status of Templars, lol.

Lol. Lolololololol.

I've seen really awful things said about the PC controls on the bioware forums.
The problem is, at this stage, I don't know if the people complaining are more numerous bc obviously the people who don't have an issue are still playing, or if it's a genuine issue that is going to ruin the game for me.

I really really want to love this game, I was planning on it being the thing that keeps me sane during my wait for the Witcher 3. If it's not much fun to play I'm going to be sad.

But damn it if I got through the deep roads twice I can get through anything

I don't know if I'll make it through this or not though. We'll see.

I won't give up, lol. Not unless I don't finish it in time to still be able to get my money back from Origins. What was the time limit again? ten days after release?

Killed a giant like a boss. That was fun.

So a quick glance about and it seems no one has been "pleasantly surprised" once hands on with this release, and without so much as that, It looks like this will be the first BW game I don't get at release, wait for the bargain bins. I am still curious about how the PC version plays though, and particularly whether any friendly fire made it into the game at all ?

So a quick glance about and it seems no one has been "pleasantly surprised" once hands on with this release, and without so much as that, It looks like this will be the first BW game I don't get at release, wait for the bargain bins. I am still curious about how the PC version plays though, and particularly whether any friendly fire made it into the game at all ?

Not really, Costin said he liked it yesterday. So did Angry Joe.

bioware mentioned previously you can toggle it on or off

Yeah I've heard the rumours too, but no specifics, or video examples, so I'm wondering what the story is with it. Last time it was selectable in percentage of full effect terms. Fact is the gameplay looked friendly fire unfriendly from the start, and its kind of one of those bottom lines for me in a game flinging magic everywhere...

I very much like it even though its lacking in many departments.
Will see if i can get my hand on a cheat to get inquisition points as i like to burn right through the main story on my first playthrough and do sidequests and explore on my second because with this new system thats not possible -.-

Edit: ahh shit this uses Denuvo.............Well 30 Hours of tedious grinding here i come.

Last edited:

For performance, at max settings I've had several crashes yesterday, as well as on Ultra. After the driver update, I still had crashes, but it was fine on the Ultra setting. That to me means it runs well on highish ended pcs, and that either the game can't handle this on max for more than a handful of hours, or my system can't handle it. But it working fine on Ultra with no crashes after the driver seems to suggest at least some blame on the game's part. And I've been seeing others on lesser systems say the pc can't handle it. Even people that do indeed have quad cores.

---------- Updated at 09:05 AM ----------

I very much like it even though its lacking in many departments.
Will see if i can get my hand on a cheat to get inquisition points as i like to burn right through the main story on my first playthrough and do sidequests and explore on my second because with this new system thats not possible -.-

Edit: ahh shit this uses Denuvo.............Well 30 Hours of tedious grinding here i come.

I think you're gonna want to skip your sidequest run through... That's just my suggestion though.

I could muscle through these large areas and all their little stuff if there was sizeable chunks of content in between it, but there's none, nadda, zilch, zippo, zero, cero, null, nothing.

Yeah I've heard the rumours too, but no specifics, or video examples, so I'm wondering what the story is with it. Last time it was selectable in percentage of full effect terms. Fact is the gameplay looked friendly fire unfriendly from the start, and its kind of one of those bottom lines for me in a game flinging magic everywhere...

Friendly fire can be toggled on/off from the options menu.

It's off by default.

Last edited:
Ahh ok, so theres no degrees its just on / off, I wonder if its full-on though? Maybe its a reduced damage to your own in comparison or special effects like stun don't hold, something i'd be looking for whether the mages fireballs singed your tank as much as the mob hes toe to toe with. But, I'm glad the mechanic has survived the cull at least, and I can extrapolate from this info that characters must still have some kind of Tactics / Script behaviour screen, or at the very least its possible to get them to hold-ground.

*sigh* I'm just going to ask straight up because I'm getting horrible flashbacks to DA2 here. Can you guys recommend this game? I'm starting to change my mind somewhat, and I'm pretty easy to please.

I really really want to love this game, I was planning on it being the thing that keeps me sane during my wait for the Witcher 3. If it's not much fun to play I'm going to be sad.
You're more enthusiastic about the characters so that will probably make up for the grind, assuming you don't hit big performance issues. Not caring about my PC and mostly not caring about the environment makes it hard to slog through.

I won't give up, lol. Not unless I don't finish it in time to still be able to get my money back from Origins. What was the time limit again? ten days after release?
They say 24 hours after you load the game or 7 days after release, but I'm not sure if the former cancels out the latter.

It's a toggle, but I think there's a reason it's default "off." The battlefield is so chaotic and the tac cam is useless so you couldn't place a spell if you wanted to. Too much happening at once with no way to keep an overview of it. With the limited potions and healing, I think FF would just end up being pointlessly frustrating.

Not really, Costin said he liked it yesterday. So did Angry Joe.
AJ is probably playing on console.

I've heard from multiple people that the game feels like an MMO and that the story picks up
roughly 5-10 hours into the game.

I disagree on that aspect quite a bit.

Yes the main story takes a long time to get to the juicy bits but that's not bad. As much as I love the Witcher games they love to shove a LOT of the main story early on then slow down mid point. DA: I starts slow and keeps building up and you spend a lot of time early on being told about the world, characters and so on.

It also works to sell the Inquisitor as a legitimate leader instead of an imbecile randomly picked by the plot to lead. Yes you are given a mark, but that doesn't mean shit since people won't listen to you just because of that. You have to gain influence and power to make them even sit at the table with you, because why should they give a toss about a no-name idiot?

Early in the game I saved an influential cleric who helped me speak with the Chantry, then I turned a refugee camp she was running into an Inquisition camp, taking care of the refugees, building supply routes, watch towers, assigning soldiers on various tasks. Then I cleared a road to a horse breeder in order to gain steeds for the Inquisition. Slowly you work to gain followers, supplies, territory and power. You work to build connections and you protect trade routes.

Beyond that you also have to assign your mediate disputes between your advisers. Sure Cassandra by all rights should be in charge, but she defers to you because you are a figurehead people want to due your mark.

It's a Rise to Power, a believable one beyond the shit with the Mark, but you're not there to save the world. You're there to take control of a part of it.

On a final point, outside of the game taking the piss on my decisions and everything it's building for me right now I think I'll like this more then Witcher 3.

Oh sure Witcher 3 will have better writing, better dialogues and better graphics. Combat will just be down to preference not quality since CDPR combat is merely a cheap knockoff from Dark Souls and Batman.

Here's the thing though, I like a game that involves me deeply in the politics, that puts in a position where I can become a powerful political leader if I so desire, and gives the ability to choose how I want to approach things. I got asked several times if I wanted this chance, and my reply has been that yes I do like to lead, I enjoy it greatly and I enjoy having the various choices I get on a political level as I take a small organization and make it one of the dominant powers on the continent.

As much I like Geralt for his wit and intelligence, I am tired of his moaning about involving himself in politics, only doing so with the game constantly shouting that he hates politics. I also couldn't give two shits about Yennefer or Ciri or Dandelion and the story of TW3 where the main focus is going to be saving Ciri is something I couldn't care less about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom