Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Dragon Age Inquisition beating your faves for GOTY with their ultimate weapon:

I'm tempted to make Cassandra the Divine in this playthrough, although I still feel Vivienne is better suited to the job. Whilst Cassandra might be what the Chantry needs, I feel sorry for her because being the Divine doesn't seem like something she'd actually enjoy very much... and I like her and I don't want her to be miserable lol.

In my playtrough it was Leliana who got the new Divine. Though I didn't care much lol.
In the end I really rushed the game because I wanted to know the ending. I was a bit surprised that Leliana got the new Divine because I favored either Cassandra nor Leliana. And Vivienne? Meh.
Btw can you prevent Leliana from becoming a ruthless killer? I coulnd't stop her in her personal quest of killing the nun.

I'm tempted to make Cassandra the Divine in this playthrough, although I still feel Vivienne is better suited to the job. Whilst Cassandra might be what the Chantry needs, I feel sorry for her because being the Divine doesn't seem like something she'd actually enjoy very much... and I like her and I don't want her to be miserable lol.

I'm battling with that decision now, lol. Last time I made Vivienne Divine. I just really like how awesome Cassandra's divine art is, and she does seem to want it even if it'll make her miserable. My perfect honeypie ending is Viv taking the spot and Cass and I remaining together, and she'll still reinstate the Seekers I believe. Can't remember, but you can indeed persuade her to seek to make a difference without being divine.

However, I also really like helping her fulfill her dream, even if it means the end of their relationship, which while it seems like that may be the case, it's not written in stone yet. Leliana and the warden stay together apparently if you romance her (blech), so who knows. Either way though, it's a fulfilling end and a good story for her character, even with the depression.

---------- Updated at 01:56 PM ----------

Now I want to see this guy in Dragon Age lol

That's pretty much a qunari without the horns, lol. Which you can make.

I chose Cassandra without much thought. She is a true belivier, a good person, capable of holding her own and she obviously wants to get the job. Sure the relationship ends, but it added some feels to the ending that didn't have any in the first place. I guess they will cherish whatever time they have left to spend together. And who knows what will happpen, maybe they will find a way, or maybe Bioware pulls Anderson from ME3. Vivienne just didn't seem like the right person for the religious leader role and Leliana is downright creepy. I was legitimately scared when she started to talk about how she wants to become Divine.

Last edited:
Did you have hardened Leliana in your playthrough?
@Dystopia90 I'm not sure but
you should probably stop her from sending killers after some traitor guy, then after Haven tell her that lives of her scouts matter, then maybe you'll be able to stop her from killing this chantry sister during her personal quest, that would probably un-harden her. Haven't done this myself though, so it's all speculation on my behalf. But those are all good/bad decisions I've came across during conversations with her, so taking all good ones should probably do the trick.

Na she was her normal self in my playthrough. She's not bad in inquisition, not as bad anyway, but I remember her in Origins and think she still has the same basic flaw of wanting to be the center of attention. Viv's got that too but she's not the one making up visions n' shit.

Yeah I would rather have Cassandra reform the seekers - as she seems to have a good set of ideals in her head about how the Order should behave. Vivienne not being a strong believer doesn't impact her effectiveness as a Divine, imo, and her beliefs regarding mages and templars are most sensible. Plus, if you make her Divine, Vivienne and Cullen work together to help restore and improve the relationship between mages and templars.

I don't know how it works with Leliana and Cassandra because I haven't chosen them yet (I will be choosing Leliana in my mage supremacist playthrough lol) but Vivienne's being Divine is also helpful because she's a mage, so other mages are more likely to listen to her. And it means nobody can argue "you don't know what it's like to live as a mage" which Anders did plenty of times if you tried to disagree with him.

I think my canon choice will be Vivienne for this reason.

Out of curiosity, has everyone else decided what their canon playthrough will be for when they play DA4 in the distant future? lol

I won't be decided on my canon Divine until all DLC is out and I know for sure that Cassandra and the Inquisitor don't continue a relationship ever in any capacity if she's divine. If that is the case... it'll be hard to choose. Vivienne is my ideal divine, and Cass can still do what she wants with the seekers, but I can't help but love seeing my girl on top. LOLOLOLOL

But they didn't go into specifics on what she does for the most part. Not at all really. Just says her reforms are met with resistance and you help her negotiate a peace with the mangry sect of the chantry.

But I'm leaning Vivienne being my canon Divine with Cass reforming the Seekers as their leader. If I find out that you can reunite with her at some time though, then Cass will be my canon Divine.

I have my "perfect" playthrough outlined. Will get to it a bit later. Now I'm more curious if they will give us warden dlc, because that is something I would really like to see. Finish the mission he's on, get to meet Morrigan and the kid as the warden and
discuss how drinking from the well bites her in the ass.

I'm over the warden personally. Their story's done, Hawke's done one way or another, now it's all quizzy baby :lol: I have no idea what they can or will do for dlc, but I don't have an interest in past characters anymore.

Now I just want to spend more time with the new cast.

I wasn't thinking about it much before DA:I, but the mission warden is on piqued my interest. Also it would be weird if something so significant will be done by your former character offscreen. From final talks with companions in Inquisition it seems most of them are going to scatter and do their own thing. So after dlc cycle the crew probably disbands. Hell I'm not even sure if everyone will show up for dlc now. And I kind of miss Mass Effect type of thing, where you maintain a big chunk of your squad over the course of three games, and those who are not participating show up in different capacity. It would've been easier if time gap between the events in Dragon Age games was big, like hundred of years or so. But it's not the case and I can't help but think what the guys from previous games are up to.

Since I always have three canons it works pretty good...
Always one that's sort of nice and good.

lil' Bastard play-through where I'm only nice if I like you.

and then the biggest funfun play-through of all.
So you want to join my party? sure, please order your coffin on the way in and leave your dignity out-side. Sadly seems like this time I can't really get anyone killed.. Well pissing them off will suffice... Let's see how many I can annoy into leaving. Think this one is going to be a power hungry religious lunatic templar. Let's say Meredith is going to be a moral compass.

Yea I was hoping to be able to get someone killed, but I don't really dislike anyone that much. Even Sera started to grow on me when I finally just started regarding her as my idiot little sister that needs a big brother to educate her a bit.

I love my Warden to pieces and I really want to see her one last time before I say goodbye lol.
Honestly they don't even have to make a plot out of it I just need to see my Warden happily married to Alistair as Queen >:C It annoys me how whenever King Alistair appears in the game my Warden is off screen being busy somewhere. I want to see a crown on her head and her arse on that throne. Maybe also royal babies.

Anyway I saw this on tumblr and it made me laugh. It's called 'How you deal with insults: Thedas edition'

Also I love how in one of the talks you can have with Cassandra near the end of the game, she says something like "I'm happy that the fate of the world is in the hands of a woman, once again"

True feminist Queen Cassandra <3

Last edited:
Oh god, no. Cass is no feminist, lol. :p

My inquisitor certainly wouldn't say that crap, lol. More like, "The Herald of Andraste has deemed you unworthy of the Maker's mercy. Begone." Just before swallowing them whole into the fade.

I love the friendship my Inquisitor has with Cassandra! I think the reason why her and Dorian are my favourite companions is because you actually build a friendship with them, which for the other companions feels a bit lacking... Blackwall had the potential until he ended up being who he is lol. (This doesn't count the advisers, because besides Leliana I felt fairly close to Josephine and Cullen (ofc) by the end of the game)

LOL i just thought the graphic was funny because the Warden says nothing and just kicks ass. Out of all my characters, my Warden was definitely the most ruthless. She wasn't a bad person but if she needed to fuck stuff up to get the results she needed, there would be blood.
My Inquisitor on the other hand is much more about trying to make things better for everyone and doing the right thing. I suppose being the Inquisitor means you have that luxury, whereas my Warden had other things to worry about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom