Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
-Stares- Nothing to do with feminism. I just wanted a dress. I don't care about that other nonsense. I just wanted my character to be pretty. She was not. She looked as someone above pointed out, like a god damned mounty.

Not Bioware's fault your character isn't pretty though... it's not difficult to make a pretty character. And having a dress wouldn't have made sense in the game. If you want games where looking pretty is the focus buy a barbie game.............

---------- Updated at 05:31 PM ----------

I think the whole thing was to make Cullenites swoon

mission complete :wub:

I think the whole thing was to make Cullenites swoon

Cullenites have some odd tastes then:

Didn't bother me that much, but then, it looks better on men. But it is rather douchy. I made fun of Cullen when I saw it before release and went blank when I had to wear it too.

Noob question: If Corypheus had drunk the well wouldn't he be bound to Mythal. Then Mythal would be able to control him?

Noob question: If Corypheus had drunk the well wouldn't he be bound to Mythal. Then Mythal would be able to control him?
He was going to have his commander do it. Since we kill them, I assume he'd get someone else. But if he was desperate enough to hop in when you were near, then I suppose, but with his power and knowledge, he could get into the fade by then and access the power of the taint in the black city and become a god himself, so it would have been inconsequential by then. I think that power would be more than enough to overpower Mythal.

Well, I completed Dorians' quest mission where he met his father, well his angst or to put it more accurately gayngst, to me made him more human, real and even likeable. TL; DR Now I actually like Dorian, not in Unkindled and Princess Ciri way but I like him, here I said it!

Well, I completed Dorians' quest mission where he met his father, well his angst or to put it more accurately gayngst, to me made him more human, real and even likeable. TL; DR Now I actually like Dorian, not in Unkindled and Princess Ciri way but I like him, here I said it!

Haha, see? It was inevitable. None can resist the Dorian effect. Well, in a nonsexual way, I mean. I think Princess Ciri actually likes him more than me, lol.

I like him because he is most human (no joke here) character in that game, nothing else.

That's how it starts. Next you'll be curling his moustache for him :p

LOL Jk. I like him because he seems the most like a BFF to me, mainly for the mage side. Just because you do that mission together.

I hate stuff like this. It makes my head hurt, lol:

Certainly overthinking it. Hopefully.

Dorian flirts with me more than Cullen. I can't resist a cute man with a fab moustache who flirts with me. especially when it's friendly flirting.

Also Sera is starting to grow on me again. Sometimes she annoys me and then sometimes she makes me laugh. When I brought her to kill the Dragon in the Hinterlands she got all excited which was cute. That was a tough fight... Vivienne, Bull and Sera all died so I was hiding behind rocks for ages wondering what to do because the Dragon kept calling its little dragonlings to attack me and I couldn't handle all of them on my own u__u but in the end I somehow managed to murder them all and kill the Dragon. Jesus my Inquisitor is a monster.

Also I have a question, since most of us have probably done more than one playthrough, have any of you tried playing as a mean person? In my current playthrough I sometimes make my Inquisitor behave like ruthless Leliana which can make for some interesting outcomes. Mainly Cole not liking me but for some reason Solas loves me in this playthrough @_@

I'm always an ass to Leliana, so she's hardened for me apparently. So she's always yapping about using her spies to do this or that, slit someone's throat, blackmail this douche, and she kills the priestess later on no matter what. Which I like. She turns out to be like the leliana from the future somewhat, which is much more tolerable.

Still don't like her ass.

Also I give Sera some tough love later on after her silly mission. First time I friended her. Usually a dick to hawke in dialogue as well.

Also I have a question, since most of us have probably done more than one playthrough, have any of you tried playing as a mean person?
Yep, let's see sidded with the templars became a templar and did a war-table mission to have more templars.

Then get lelianna into full psycho and make her divine.. *g* Now comes the best part have ALL four dimwits in halam'shiral in your pocket (win the game blackmail the three and keep the fourth one to work for you .
Force Cullen back on the Lyrium and poof. The chantry falls into chaotic sects thanks to Lelliana being a moron, but all the Templars stay with the inquisition.

Oh got to tell Solas he's behaving like a jerk, Dorian threw a smallish hissy fit in the beginning but I needed him so well. Blackwall well he's easy to get rid off *g*. And Cas was drunk and ranting (priceless). Oh Sera's reaction to being thrown out after I got the jar of bees... priceless.

Just not nearly as satisfying as the DA:O let them all die while I fill my pockets with riches or the DA2 sure you can have these companions back and imprison them while I stab the others to death.
Though it does involve a lot of slapping people in the face *g*

Just hard to really piss them all of since some will always approve of doing things that pisses of others.

Last edited:
Yep, let's see sidded with the templars became a templar and did a war-table mission to have more templars.

Then get lelianna into full psycho and make her divine.. *g* Now comes the best part have ALL four dimwits in halam'shiral in your pocket (win the game blackmail the three and keep the fourth one to work for you .
Force Cullen back on the Lyrium and poof. The chantry falls into chaotic sects thanks to Lelliana being a moron, but all the Templars stay with the inquisition.

Oh got to tell Solas he's behaving like a jerk, Dorian threw a smallish hissy fit in the beginning but I needed him so well. Blackwall well he's easy to get rid off *g*. And Cas was drunk and ranting (priceless). Oh Sera's reaction to being thrown out after I got the jar of bees... priceless.

Just not nearly as satisfying as the DA:O let them all die while I fill my pockets with riches or the DA2 sure you can have these companions back and imprison them while I stab the others to death.

Just hard to really piss them all of since some will always approve of doing things that pisses of others.

Damn that really is evil....
Tbh even on my evillest playthrough I could never do that to Cullen bc I love him too much.

I may have not liked DAI as much as I hoped I would, but I have to say this, being an asshole in it is goddamn hilarious :p

The missions for the Grey Wardens on the war table; is it possible to do those missions in any way that results in the Wardens of Orlais not being wiped out? Because so far it seems no matter what I pick eventually the Wardens die.

Does this mean to keep them alive I just ignore the War Table missions?

The missions for the Grey Wardens on the war table; is it possible to do those missions in any way that results in the Wardens of Orlais not being wiped out? Because so far it seems no matter what I pick eventually the Wardens die.

Does this mean to keep them alive I just ignore the War Table missions?

They lived for me, but that's because on one of them, I took the option to not use them and use I think the Qunari instead, or our forces.

They lived for me, but that's because on one of them, I took the option to not use them and use I think the Qunari instead, or our forces.

Hmm okay. For the first option I chose Josie who had something like "the noblewoman has other allies she can ask them" but then for some reason the Grey Wardens still got dragged in so things weren't looking good for them and they weren't feeling happy either. I'll try doing it another way. But I haven't got Qunari soldiers because I don't side with the Qun in Bull's personal quest.

Not exactly related to Inquisition but as I replayed Origins and am currently playing DA2 for the first time in preparation of playing Inquisition, I'll just vent some steam here:

ARGH! EA's customer support is so terrible and Origin (the EA Steam-thingy, not OriginS) is such a bloody piece of software garbage! For the sake of making things easy and getting an up-to-date version out of the box, I decided to register my Origins Ultimate Edition and just download the whole thing. Only some of the DLCs working and some are there but not working at all (missing item names, no dialogue, strange placeholder names, etc, etc). After some research I figure out that the Origin version doesn't install the service that authenticates your DLC and the only way to do so is by installing some Beta tool released by Bioware in the early days of DA:O to remedy problems with the DLC. Did that, but did no good. So I decide to manually re-install all the DLC from the Bioware Social website (an abandoned and quite broken place these days, never was very usable anyway).

As that did the trick, I happily played through Origins and its expansions until I arrive at Golems of Amgharrak and encounter the same problem again. So I go back to Bioware Social just to find out that that DLC (and only that one) cannot be downloaded there. A bit more research reveals that the Origin installation fails to put your serial key into the registry and that might cause problems with the DLCs and that there's a file in the Dragon Age folder that will remedy that. Tried it, no installation of Dragon Age: Origins found. Finally gave up and dug up my discs to run the same file from there - success, but still no luck with the DLC. So I manually unpack the DLC from the disc and copy the files to the proper folder and behold! It works. I cursed the whole thing, but acknowledged that Origin support was probably just an afterthought for DA:O and not very polished and I got unlucky.

Now, I've reached Dragon Age 2, not expecting any problems as this game is native to Origin and requires it, with Origin handling all the DLC etc. Start the game, things looking good with quite a lot of quests about DLC stuff starting in the beginning - bit overwhelming for newcomers, I think, but oh well. But then when I reach the actual content, the same problems occur: missing dialogue and item names, missing DLC related quests even. Odd, to encounter the very same problem to say the least. Another round of research (as none of the other solutions for DA:O are available for DA2) and the culprit is revealed: When you want to play the game in a different language than what Origin is set to (in my case: Origin German, Games English), Origin will fail to download some of the DLC-related text and voiceover stuff. Folks at EA are actually unable to properly implement multilinguality. Not only is it not as easily available through a menu as it is in Steam for most games, but the ways they provide don't work properly. The remedy: Change Origin language to the language you want to play the game in. So I set Origin to English, restart and have it repair my installation of DA2. Problem persists. Sigh. Uninstall DA2, reinstall and fetch lunch in the meantime. And then, finally it works as intended and I suspect the same would be true for DA:O DLCs.

Plough EA! Seriously, there's so much half-arsed nonsense and such horrible customer support reluctant to acknowledge and fix problems - there's still plenty of bugs in DA:O, especially in Awakening, not even mentioning the faulty flags for save game import - every time I make the mistake of playing one of their games. Luckily, these days there's not much left in their portfolio that has me even remotely interested beyond Dragon Age. After Command and Conquer and Battlefield have been slaughtered, among others. Will stay away from whatever they release if in doubt and wait for cheap prices for the rare gems - blacklisted for incompetence along with Ubisoft!

Sorry for the only remotely topic-related wall of text. :cheers:

@aaden See that's why I use an English windows with everything in English installed.
Keeps a lot of those problems away.

mm okay. For the first option I chose Josie who had something like "the noblewoman has other allies she can ask them" but then for some reason the Grey Wardens still got dragged in so things weren't looking good for them and they weren't feeling happy either. I'll try doing it another way. But I haven't got Qunari soldiers because I don't side with the Qun in Bull's personal quest.

That one is a bit weird the basic is you need to minimize the losses of the wardens while keeping their morale up otherwise they get killed off. There's no using qunari or other things involved. complete guide to the whole chain thingy in the spoiler

You nearly always loose some wardens in every mission but the probably best way of doing it is:
Protect Val Gamord from Darkspawn (15 min)
Available after Here Lies the Abyss, but only if you chose to ally with the Grey Wardens.

If you send the Grey Wardens immediately as Cullen suggests, you save the town and the wardens take few casualties. With Leliana a lot of people and wardens get hurt too. With Josephine the town is completely destroyed and the wardens take heavy casualties.
Use: Cullen
---
Find Source of Darkspawn Attacks (15 min)
Complete Protect Val Gamord from Darkspawn.

If you choose Leliana to send scouts first, the Grey Wardens barely take any loses and will be in high spirits. Otherwise their morale will remain high, but they will be taken by surprise and take more losses.
Use: Leliana
---
Pursue Marquise Bouffon (60 min)
Complete Find Source of Darkspawn Attacks.

Choose Leliana to find an alternate pass through the mountains, thus the Grey Wardens taking few losses and remaining in high spirits. On Cullen's advice, the Grey Warden fight their way through taking some losses but reaching the Marquise's stronghold. Josephine's "ally" turns on you, since her forces ally with the Marquise and thus the Grey Wardens take heavy losses.
Use Leliana
---
Defeat Marquise Bouffon (60 min)
Complete Purse Marquise Bouffon.

Choose Josephine to have an allied noble siege the stronghold instead, while the wardens keep the demons at bay and take some losses, but their morale remains high. With Leliana although the wardens gain covert entry, they have to face Venatori, and take some losses, but their morale remains high. Cullen suggests a head-on battle, which leads to heavy casualties on the wardens' side.
use: Josephine
---
Destroy Darkspawn Outbreak (1440 min)
Complete Defeat Marquise Bouffon.

In either case, the outcome is the same: the tunnels are collapsed and the darkspawn destroyed, after which the surviving wardens remain there to patrol the area.
Use: Cullen

Rewards stay he same no matter what.

Top Bottom