Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Yeaaah, I found this thread and apparently people with AMD cards have the problem too. My issue is not as extreme as some vidoes in that thread show, but I definitely have a lot of stuff pop in as I move around.

This is basically what it looks like for me in Skyhold.

Last edited:
Oh, that's a patch 5 problem? Tbh I don't even notice graphics glitches most of the time. Even in that video I'm like "what, where?" So probably not the best to comment. It always makes it amusing when I see these posts raging about pop or tearing or low res and I can't even see what people are talking about.

I'm super bored with DA atm, and also reminded by BSN of why I bagged the DA fandom to begin with, so until they come out with some substantial content I'm done with the game. I need the Witcheeeerrrrr.

Oh, that's a patch 5 problem? Tbh I don't even notice graphics glitches most of the time. Even in that video I'm like "what, where?" So probably not the best to comment. It always makes it amusing when I see these posts raging about pop or tearing or low res and I can't even see what people are talking about.

Naah, I've had the same issue with Patch 4. I can't say how it looked like before it, since you can't reroll a previous patch. I suppose I could 'procure' an unpatched DA:I from other means, but... I don't care that much to be honest :p I can live with the pop-in and such. Ever since I returned to serious PC gaming I discovered that it's nothing but trouble hahaha.

I need the Witcheeeerrrrr.

We all do, my dear, we all do.

Anyhow, I just did the Winter Palace mission and I can't say I enjoyed it too much. I was honestly bored out of my mind, especially since the whole 'intrigue' turned out to be so predictable.

Oh, and at the end even though I romanced no one besides Cassandra, Josephine showed up for a dance.

:shrug:

I ain't replaying this Bioware, damnit!

Just looking for some game advice :).. I'm now level 12 after unlocking sky hold. I opened up a bunch of high level areas due to an abundance of power to spend. I went through fallow mire at early levels (around 7) and then cleared practically all of The hinterlands and the area with all of the shard doors on the far left of the left map. I was playing around Emprise du Lion and opened up about half of it (I'm not strong enough to beat the rifts) and got some tier three schematics and fade touched metals. I now have high powered armor for (fade touched Silverite and dawn stone) warriors and finally took down The hinterlands dragon!!! I'd love some advice on what to do next. I still haven't done storm coast, exalted plains, emerald something, and a few other places are open.

Any recommendations on where to visit next for my level (approx 12 for party)?

PS what are general recommendationd for inquisition perks? I've got 2 to spend (already used two, one for more storage and one for more potions which seems to have been a bit of a waste :/).

I generally save Emprise for later because it's tough, unless I'm after the silverite, so as far as where to go next, I'd say just pick one. Storm Coast allows you to recruit Iron Bull but honestly he's not as useful as other followers. Exalted Plains gives you Solas' personal quest, elven stuff and Orlesian civil war. Emerald Graves a lot of the same, just in a forested area. Hissing Wastes is one of my favorites but it's big and empty- bring a horse.

I guess if I gave advice it would be, mix up exploration with main path and companion quests. The latter are much better story-wise than anything you'll find by just exploring. Bioware has further to go in the area of environmental storytelling than Bethesda.

PS what are general recommendationd for inquisition perks? I've got 2 to spend (already used two, one for more storage and one for more potions which seems to have been a bit of a waste :/).

Underworld Knowledge, Arcane Knowledge, Nobility Knowledge, Tempered Glass Flasks (open a new potion slot, very useful), True Grit, Deft Hands, Fine Tools [to open high end locks] and The Short List (to get some of the best schematics... or wait until The Black Emporium rolls out later this year)

You can also get Massache's Method early on, but you might end up being over-leveled for some areas. I know I did. Generally speaking there is enough stuff to do in this game, that you don't need to worry about exp points.

Then go for enhanced focus.

Oh? I remember reading about how strong it was in the early days after the game's release, and I was sure they'd change the class in one of their patches.

W
I generally save Emprise for later because it's tough, unless I'm after the silverite, so as far as where to go next, I'd say just pick one. Storm Coast allows you to recruit Iron Bull but honestly he's not as useful as other followers. Exalted Plains gives you Solas' personal quest, elven stuff and Orlesian civil war. Emerald Graves a lot of the same, just in a forested area. Hissing Wastes is one of my favorites but it's big and empty- bring a horse.

I guess if I gave advice it would be, mix up exploration with main path and companion quests. The latter are much better story-wise than anything you'll find by just exploring. Bioware has further to go in the area of environmental storytelling than Bethesda.

Underworld Knowledge, Arcane Knowledge, Nobility Knowledge, Tempered Glass Flasks (open a new potion slot, very useful), True Grit, Deft Hands, Fine Tools [to open high end locks] and The Short List (to get some of the best schematics... or wait until The Black Emporium rolls out later this year)

You can also get Massache's Method early on, but you might end up being over-leveled for some areas. I know I did. Generally speaking there is enough stuff to do in this game, that you don't need to worry about exp points.

Then go for enhanced focus.

Thanks to you both for the info. Going to explore storm coast next and see what kind of trouble I can uncover. Can I ask one last question...which area will have a dragon I can tackle at level 12ish or do I need to build a few more levels before tackling the next one?regardless of dragon Storm Coast is on deck :)

The pop and tearing both is a result of conflicting video settings in the game and on your computer. I have nividia Gtx 970 EVGA and personally had to find the right settings first for all that to stop. It was different between patches.

Can I ask one last question...which area will have a dragon I can tackle at level 12ish or do I need to build a few more levels before tackling the next one?regardless of dragon Storm Coast is on deck :)

Ask as many questions as you like.

Check this page out! It has all useful info on the dragons you may want - level, loot, location etc.

Anyhow, I recommend tackling Crestwood dragon first - I killed it at level 11/12. Brought Varric [DPS], Solas [combo/support], Cassandra [tank] and my mage[DPS]. Be sure to bring health regeneration potions and micromanage your party during the fight, especially the squishy Varric. Fade Step and Barrier are a MUST in this fight or in any dragon fight in general.

You can also bring a second tank instead of a mage if you want. Generally speaking in later parts of the game you can be three levels behind any dragon/boss/rift and still take it out, no problem.

EDIT: By the way. If you're playing on normal you will soon discover that if you spec your tank the proper way you will become practically unkillable. Dragon fights included. Hell... it's pretty much the same on hard. Cassandra/Blackwall [his chamption specialization is soooo good] can hold the attention of multiple enemies while you and the rest of your buddies do all the damage. Rogues can be real powerhouses, Cole and Sera especially. Varric is not bad as well, but his specialization is not as powerful. Doesn't matter to me, I bring him everywhere anyway :p Mage Knight Enchanter can solo the entire game by himself, but in my opinion is horrendously boring to play. If you have dragon problems just bring Vivienne with you.

Last edited:
Anyone played the Dragon Age Inquisition Secret Edtion? Only on Brazil huehuhe (saw that on TheWitcherBR facebook page)

Attachments

• Brasil huehehuehue.jpg
    Brasil huehehuehue.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 51
I watched that video where the guy is complaining about all those "issues" and I couldn't see any problems o__o If this stuff bothers people I am glad I don't see anything. Ignorance is bliss, clearly.

David Gaider leaves Dragon Age on another BioWare Project.
Patrick Weekes is the new lead writer.
I dont particularly like Gaider so this is a welcome change for me.

Last edited:
I dunno if I should be cheering or feeling sad.

On one hand Gaider was responsible for some of the worst writing in all previous DA games, including Origins, but on the other hand he was the guy responsible for some of the best writing of Inquisition.

The pop and tearing both is a result of conflicting video settings in the game and on your computer. I have nividia Gtx 970 EVGA and personally had to find the right settings first for all that to stop. It was different between patches.

The only setting that I had set for DA:I in Nvidia Control Panel was V-sync and performance preference. I returned it all to the default and the problem is still there. What are your settings Unkindled?

I watched that video where the guy is complaining about all those "issues" and I couldn't see any problems o__o If this stuff bothers people I am glad I don't see anything. Ignorance is bliss, clearly.

Hahaha, yeah I had my suspicions when Veleda said she didn't pay attention to such stuff :p I can live with it, but it's still something that bugs me from time to time. Especially when people pop in right in front of your eyes on a beefy machine that shouldn't have such issues.

Which issues are we talking about here exactly?

Also, this thread.

Top Bottom