Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Just my opinion, but you can laugh at this instead of being grumpy cause I dont love the game. :p

Patch 7 has just been released. I guess it's a prep patch for when the Black Emporium is released tomorrow.
The description of the BE on Origin has me interested, it sounds like there's going to be more than what the DA2 BE was.

Seems like Bioware/EA have pulled a pretty shitty move and made it so all future DLC will only be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Although I think that it is good that DLC won't be restrained by last gen consoles, I don't think EA/Bioware should have released the game on last gen consoles to begin with. Of course we don't know how much of an impact the last gen consoles had on the game design, but looking at all the content that was cut, I do wonder whether Bioware cut corners in game design, to fit the limitations of last gen?

And I feel sorry for the people that bought the game on PS3 or Xbox 360, since now they will not only have to buy a new console to play the DLC, they will also have to buy another DA:I game at full price. That is what I find unfair. People who bought the game on previous consoles should at least get a discount, or something.

TBH, I don't know whether anyone who played it on last-gen would even buy the DLC. From what I've heard, the game was buggy as hell ran like ass on last-gen consoles. And in case anyone thinks I'm just shitting on Inquisition, Shadows of Mordor was just as bad.

I just did a quick google search, and Shadows of Mordor didn't release any of their DLC on last-gen. Not even the free stuff. So I'm not really suprised by BioWare's move here. And no --I don't think it comes down to power limitations, like some people do.

Last edited:
That is what I find unfair. People who bought the game on previous consoles should at least get a discount, or something.

No they shouldn't. Last gen consoles are dead and should stay that way. They got a way to transfer their saves.

I have no sympathy whatsoever at this point and I don't consider it a shitty move to stop supporting systems that are now irrelevant. Besides they already gave the DLC cross platform ( so if you got on PS3 you have it on PS4 ) and the vast majority of the fanbase was on current gen anyway.

And by vast majority I mean more then 90% of people at launch bought PC/Xbox One/PS4. Having the game held back by 10% of the user base, most of which have migrated to current gen ANYWAY, is a bad idea. It's bad enough that the game was held back a lot by having to work on last gen.

Last edited:
No they shouldn't. Last gen consoles are dead and should stay that way. They got a way to transfer their saves.

I have no sympathy whatsoever at this point and I don't consider it a shitty move to stop supporting systems that are now irrelevant. Besides they already gave the DLC cross platform ( so if you got on PS3 you have it on PS4 ) and the vast majority of the fanbase was on current gen anyway.

And by vast majority I mean more then 90% of people at launch bought PC/Xbox One/PS4. Having the game held back by 10% of the user base, most of which have migrated to current gen ANYWAY, is a bad idea. It's bad enough that the game was held back a lot by having to work on last gen.

It's a shitty move because they shouldn't have sold it on last gen consoles to begin with, especially since they're now like 'lol sorry you have to upgrade or you get no DLC' I can't believe you're defending them over this.....

I am glad that DLC won't be held back by last gen consoles BUT EA/Bioware should have done this in the first place with the original game. But they didn't because money. Considering how shitty DA:I is on last gen consoles, they shouldn't have sold it on those platforms to begin with.

I agree with Ciri, this game should never have been released on last gen to begin with, but they did and now they tell them to go fuck themselves after having sold them a broken game and a overpriced DLC?

Fuck that.

Releasing it on last gen was the biggest mistake they made with the game. I suspect a lot of features were cut out of the game because old gen couldn't handle them. I also suspect we are going to see how the game was originally supposed to be like in this DLC.

I am very grateful that they decided not to make the last DLC on last-gen.

---------- Updated at 09:22 AM ----------

It's a shitty move because they shouldn't have sold it on last gen consoles to begin with, especially since they're now like 'lol sorry you have to upgrade or you get no DLC' I can't believe you're defending them over this.....

I am glad that DLC won't be held back by last gen consoles BUT EA/Bioware should have done this in the first place with the original game. But they didn't because money. Considering how shitty DA:I is on last gen consoles, they shouldn't have sold it on those platforms to begin with.

I think it has something to do with EA not feeling confident enough in Inquisition after DA2. I thin game budgets are determined by projected sales. The more systems you put your game on, the bigger the potential sales. I am almost 100% sure it was not BioWare's decision to release on last-gen. You don't just pour your heart and sould into cool features only to cut them out because old gen can't handle them.

Last edited:
I can't believe you're defending them over this....

Because quite frankly I don't give a piss about console users in general, especially those that would hold gaming back by not upgrading but somehow expecting games to run on their hardware.

Yes you can rightly criticize Bioware for making the game on last gen, because that did affect the quality of the overall game ( hair quality, animations, amount of NPCs etc. all were probably affected ) but I find it ludicrous to cry over this over half a year down the line especially when they abandon last gen consoles.

Granted it IS very likely they did it because spending money on last gen is not worth it rather over trying to improve the DLC/expansion but the quality WILL improve because of this.

I'm somehow supposed to string them up because they'll make a higher quality product? Really?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how restricted they were by last gen with the last DLC to come out. A lot of people are making the claim that this means higher quality DLC will come out now but that doesn't seem to be the case. Look at the videos for the latest DLC Item pack. A few armors, a throne and a horse, all filled with bugs. It seems more likely they are dropping the support for last gen consoles due to sales figures not hitting their target rather than a desire to put out higher quality content.

I've bought a lot of BioWare DLC over the years but haven't bought anything from DAI yet. Maybe the next story DLC will change that but right now I'm not sure what to expect. I don't understand BioWares DLC practice of releasing zero information about DLC until the day before releasing it.

I'm not sure how restricted they were by last gen with the last DLC to come out. A lot of people are making the claim that this means higher quality DLC will come out now but that doesn't seem to be the case. Look at the videos for the latest DLC Item pack. A few armors, a throne and a horse, all filled with bugs. It seems more likely they are dropping the support for last gen consoles due to sales figures not hitting their target rather than a desire to put out higher quality content.

I've bought a lot of BioWare DLC over the years but haven't bought anything from DAI yet. Maybe the next story DLC will change that but right now I'm not sure what to expect. I don't understand BioWares DLC practice of releasing zero information about DLC until the day before releasing it.

That cosmetic DLC pack doesn't count. They're going to make a final story DLC that will close the story, focusing on Solas. That is where I think we will see the difference in quality.

Why does it not count? It's the first DLC they put out since the announcement.

It is an item pack filled with bugs and errors. If anything it could show us there is not going to be an upgrade in quality. No where have I seen any official or unofficial announcement or explanation from any BioWare employee that the quality will increase in the future DLC due to dropping last gen support. That is 100% fan generated theory, and while it might be true it also might not be.

While it would be nice to have a high quality, interesting story DLC come out next a lot of people are making a lot of assumptions about it. One of the main reasons I wish DLC was talked about, even a little bit, before the day of release.

Last edited:
I can't wait to play this. The areas look really good. Love the music too. Also seems like we are getting a new party member too.

Jaws of Hakkon was just more Hinterlands. This actually looks interesting.

Last edited:
Considering this is the first DLC that will only be released on current gen, I am hoping Bioware take the feedback they have received on board and give us more cutscenes.

I am expecting something better than Jaws of Hakkon which was kinda disappointing and lacked pace.

That's the only Dragon Age Inquisition DLC announced yet that has looked interesting to me. I hope it's more like a fully fleshed out expansion than the other DLC =\

The last DLC had a huge dungeon with interesting gameplay but was ultimately light in the story department. Ok but pretty forgettable. This one actually looks like it will tie all the loose ends with Solas and the Qunari.

Top Bottom