Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I didn't really enjoy the other DLCs much but Trespasser was really great. They should have included it in the main game because it would have helped with DA:I's anti-climatic ending, but regardless it was a really good DLC and promises good things with Patrick Weekes taking over the show.

Trespasser is the only DLC worth playing in my opinion, it actually has plot and gives the game a proper ending and also sets the gap for the next installment.
Hakkon and Descent were boring, they again added new regions and stuff to explore but they barely had any interesting things to do.

I really hope Bioware moves away from these so called open-world areas because the exploration (which was boring), endless grinding and fetch quests is what ruined Inquisition for me. I really hope Andromeda won't suffer the same issues, i would prefer if they just had smaller areas like Citadel was. We stayed on Normandy for 3 whole games and i never once got bored off it, especially in 3rd game where your crew had random interactions between themselves on many occasions. I got bored of Hinterlands and Skyhold very fast though.

Trespasser is the only DLC worth playing in my opinion, it actually has plot and gives the game a proper ending and also sets the gap for the next installment.
Hakkon and Descent were boring, they again added new regions and stuff to explore but they barely had any interesting things to do.

I really hope Bioware moves away from these so called open-world areas because the exploration (which was boring), endless grinding and fetch quests is what ruined Inquisition for me. I really hope Andromeda won't suffer the same issues, i would prefer if they just had smaller areas like Citadel was. We stayed on Normandy for 3 whole games and i never once got bored off it, especially in 3rd game where your crew had random interactions between themselves on many occasions. I got bored of Hinterlands and Skyhold very fast though.

This. So much this.

Agreed, DA:I was awful and very disappointing for me. The open world is one of the reasons why it was so lacking, just big zones with no depth and meaningful side quests, instead we got the same old lame fetch quests and mindless grinding. Worst of all, the zones had no connection to the story and were the main part of the game (the story was quite short)

Compare that to the great hubs in DA:O..

I really hope they go back to making hub based games again, thats where Bioware excels. Liked DA:O and the ME Trilogy a lot and even the often hated DA2 was ok but they went completely in the wrong direction with DA:I. Sadly it was succesful so I imagine they will follow that formula for DA4 too.

I'm already expecting ME:A to be DA:I in space, they are already marketing it like DA:I. That we will be able to explore lots of planets with the Mako and that thats the main focus of the game.

Last edited:
It's a shame we didn't get something more like Blood and Wine for DA:I. I very much liked Tresspasser but would have liked a more sizeable expansion pack for it. Oh well.

Well, that's EA for you... Mind you, this company brought the excellent expansions of Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, and Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. And they were quite sizable, and of higher quality compared to their respective main games (at least the NwN ones). So the only element changed as I see it is the EA acquisition.

Yeah, that's right, I completely forgot about that after all this time. But my point still stands for the other ones, since their expansions were still of high quality.

Top Bottom