Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
The graphics and gameplay looks way better than in DA2. Not sure about the writing. I hope they don't make every important character stupid, as they did in their previous games. It's like a tradition to Bioware to make stupid characters.

By the way. I like the Scorpion spear.

Frostbite looks good like always,but i want my tactital combat,and not DS/TW clone which are better games anyway.
And i already know the story(SPOILERS:save the world)

And Waiiit the game has a multiplayer?whyy?
Im out

DA3 sounds ambitious, too much running in that demo. Combat has that Fable feel to it also graphics aren't anything special.

IGN will give it 9.6 anyway and everyone will buy like a stupid donkey so I dont see a point talking about it.

Geraltofbsas said:
If it aint broken dont fix it, best phrase ever to describe lack of ambition and intention to improve.

Hardly. Some of the best things in existence have been stagnant in design for the most part, and I shudder to think what "improvements" might be made to them.

E.g., Formal wear (hats, shoes, coats); timepieces; knives.

This photo was taken in the 30s.

Everything that he was wearing then, can easily be worn today without any changes whatsoever, and the reason has nothing to do with lack of ambition or intention to improve.

Medieval knife:

WW2 knife:

LurtzOfOrthanc said:
Not impressed with that combat. Looks like a graphically-superior LOTR Conquest, actually, come to think of it. Weightless fire-sword swings that sweep right through the enemy. Bioware obviously will continue to be a financial powerhouse, but when it comes to the actual quality of their games, they can't match CDPR.
They can't, DA:O and DA2 were good games. but not near as good as Witcher. CDPR need's to release Cyberpunk to distinguish itself from other developers.

But since it's EA and creating games for cartoon network audience always pays of. They will sell tons of copies. Darksiders, minecraft etc. baby friendly graphics sell much better. DA3 does looks average, I would risk and say those graphics would be possible on current gen as well.

HighKing said:
Hardly. Some of the best things in existence have been stagnant in design for the most part, and I shudder to think what "improvements" might be made to them.

E.g., Formal wear (hats, shoes, coats); timepieces; knives.

Everything that he was wearing then, can easily be worn today without any changes whatsoever, and the reason has nothing to do with lack of ambition or intention to improve.

Everything costs money. personal weapons will never change until resources that power those hi-tech new weapons will cost much, much less. clothing as an example? I am not sure what are you suggesting here? walk naked or wear tight leather?

magnoos said:
They can't, DA:O and DA2 were good games. but not near as good as Witcher. CDPR need's to release Cyberpunk to distinguish itself from other developers.

But since it's EA and creating games for cartoon network audience always pays of. They will sell tons of copies. Darksiders, minecraft etc. baby friendly graphics sell much better. DA3 does looks average, I would risk and say those graphics would be possible on current gen as well.

you are right about the graphics the devs have stated that the game will be on current and next gen consoles.
Does anyone know how many people are working on DAI compared to TW3.........i'm asking because showed gameplay to the fans not like CDPR, to get an ideea how much more do we have to wait.

magnoos said:

You shouldn't really compare Minecraft visuals to any of those....

And baby graphics? Come on dude.

As much as I love the Witcher series, and I think CDPR is one of the best developers around, it was Bioware that got me interested in RPGs back in the day with Baldurs Gate, and Baldurs Gate 2 Shadows of Amn.

To understand failure of bioware one must understand that bioware from mass effect 3 is different bioware from mass effect 1 times, not to mention times of baldur's gate. Understand that company from 90s that developed infinity engine no longer exist, different people, different ideology, even different genre (baldur's gate was squad based real time strategy while mass effect is 3rd person shooter).

Watched the footage last night and yeah, generic high fantasy doesn't impress me anymore.

magnoos said:
Everything costs money. personal weapons will never change until resources that power those hi-tech new weapons will cost much, much less. clothing as an example? I am not sure what are you suggesting here? walk naked or wear tight leather?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. What does walking naked or wearing tight leather have to do with anything? People stopped walking around naked because it WAS "broken." The saying is "if it ain't broken, don't fix it," not "don't fix anything, period."

People still wear leather, wool and fur despite huge advancements in technology regarding clothing.

Stuff like cotton. Some companies have non-Iron cotton, and the majority of customers stick with Classic cotton because it's simply better in terms of comfort and aesthetics -- non-iron simply doesn't get that crisp.

Knives are one of the oldest tools in history, and they've hardly changed since their creation because there's nothing to fix.

Babli said:
Not sure thats a good idea...

Bunch of idiots get paid by other bunch of idiots.

pc gamer gave TW2 a score of 89 and DA2 94...wtf really,ill check eurogamer review or angry joe's one when it comes out(maybe,not really caring for DAI)

The escapist?lol who listens to them...

Footage looks like a slightly polished Gothic 3. Oh and wasn't there already some other 'RPG' which also had dragons attacking out of the blue sky...?

HighKing said:
Knives are one of the oldest tools in history, and they've hardly changed since their creation because there's nothing to fix.

Eh, not quite. While, yes, you can get knives that look nearly or exactly like those hundreds of years old, the alloys and forging techniques have actually changed a whole lot. It's more a case of "if the design ain't broke, don't fix it". Though in the case of knives, those new alloys and forging techniques, plus other developments in manufacturing technology, have enabled new designs (like switchblades, for instance). Granted, they are still derived from the basic knife design that literally debuted in the Stone Age.

didymos1120 said:
Eh, not quite. While, yes, you can get knives that look nearly or exactly like those hundreds of years old, the alloys and forging techniques have actually changed a whole lot. It's more a case of "if the design ain't broke, don't fix it". Though in the case of knives, those new alloys and forging techniques, plus other developments in manufacturing, technology have enabled new designs (like switchblades, for instance).

Yes, the alloys may have changed, from stone, to bronze, iron, steel, etc, but at the end of the day, there are plenty of good usable knives manufactured from spring steel. There's absolutely no need to jump to some latest supersteel.

And in the case of switchblades and the like, they still can't top a good fixed blade in terms of reliability.

That said, I do agree with you that it's a case of "if the design ain't broke, don't fix it," which was exactly my point to begin with -- I was talking about design -- since Dark Souls 2 looks pretty much like Dark Souls.

The gameplay mechanics ain't broken, so there's nothing to fix. How many good game series have been ruined (usually beyond repair) due to needless innovation?

mariobros777 said:
I don't know, after Infinity era i lost all my faith (and consumer's interest) in Bioware. Dragon Age 1? I saw a friend playing it, and i did not like it one bit. Of 2, i heard so many and so negative things, that i did not bother to even read anything concerning. If 3 is any good, i might consider getting it, since the last Bioware title i 've ever purchased retail was Throne of Bhaal expansion.

I played Dragon Age: Origins, and it is a very good game, totally worth playing. People called it a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, and they were right somewhat, as it did a lot of things right. If you like Witcher 1 you will also like DA:0. If you can get over the "save the world from a huge evil menace" thing that Bioware is cramming into almost every one of their games.

Top Bottom