Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Race: Human

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Race: Qunari

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I will not be buying Dragon Age: Inquisition

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
I'm afraid if you're looking for Dostoyevsky you're not likely to find him working for computer game company.
A little light humor goes a long way toward making a game fun.

I'm of course not. I just don't see the alleged "greatness" of that particular scene and find it very pretentious and clumsy in its delivery. I can see the attempt at comedy there with people barging in and being terrified at unexpectedly seeing the goatman's dong, but it is just not very funny in how blatant it is.

Last edited:
unexpectedly seeing the goatman's dong, but it is just not very funny in how blatant it is.

And neither is your BLATANT RACISM.

As a Tal-Vashoth myself, your cruel words hurt me to my soul. It's people like you that make those crazy Qun believe everyone should be forced to think the same. I'm grateful I grew up free of such rigidity, even with the price of seeing such bigotry. Grateful for that freedom.

Well, that and the abiltiy to hurl bolts of lightning. Yeah, baby!

Anyway.

Racist.

They are OBVIOUSLY amazed at Iron Bull's immense...openness, and the casual nature of his free-living lifestyle. And who wouldn't be?!

So hot.

Last edited:
And neither is your BLATANT RACISM.

As a Tal-Vashoth myself, your cruel words hurt me to my soul. It's people like you that make those crazy Qun believe everyone should be forced to think the same. I'm grateful I grew up free of such rigidity, even with the price of seeing such bigotry. Grateful for that freedom.

Well, that and the abiltiy to hurl bolts of lightning. Yeah, baby!

Anyway.

Racist.

They are OBVIOUSLY amazed at Iron Bull's immense...openness, and the casual nature of his free-living lifestyle. And who wouldn't be?!

So hot.

I'm no racist, I just like to dress up light and hold on to my privacy.

Ah, yes, but how do they see?

I also loved the scene in Django. KKK - comedy gold.

---------- Updated at 08:14 PM ----------

Sooo..my Grey Warden Champion Blackwall, has a great new shield. It's tough, it heals him when hit and it looks DELICIOUS.

The Wedge....of Destiny!

View attachment 7861

Attachments

• Cheese!.jpg
    Cheese!.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 36
It could also be a dead Pakman... see how pale it's colour is... would that not be the colour a dead Pakman turned to befor it started rotting? :dead:

Forum veteran
Denuvo was cracked today according to GOG, so we'll probably have side-by-side comparisons relatively soon with which to gauge its effect on performance. You know, for you holdouts worried about the effects of the DRM.

"Uncrackable," they said. Why do new DRM schemes always seem to mirror the story of the Titanic? Anyway, DA:I sold less on the Xbone, PS4, and PC combined (according to vgchartz, at least) than Far Cry 4 did on the PS4 alone, so I guess I'm not the only one whose Bioware bridges have been thoroughly burned.

Denuvo was cracked today according to GOG, so we'll probably have side-by-side comparisons relatively soon with which to gauge its effect on performance. You know, for you holdouts worried about the effects of the DRM.

"Uncrackable," they said. Why do new DRM schemes always seem to mirror the story of the Titanic? Anyway, DA:I sold less on the Xbone, PS4, and PC combined (according to vgchartz, at least) than Far Cry 4 did on the PS4 alone, so I guess I'm not the only one whose Bioware bridges have been thoroughly burned.

Yeah, very little is uncrackable. DRM remains a bloody stupid idea. I have no real issue with protecting your IP..just don't do it in a way that screws over your paying customers. Pretty basic math.

As for sales figures, I'd have to see sources before I bothered to value the number. I say DA:I sold 3 million sales worldwide. Why not?

I hope Bioware does more games like this and learns from DA3 what we like. Reception to DA3 seems to have been much better - certainly the critics liked it more. Then again, I just saw the DA2 scores. I mean, it wasn't a terrible game, (I've played Daikatana and that's not a bad benchmark for terrible), but 82%? No.

Of course, vocal minorities, etc. Never trust the internets. And we are damn fussy, greedy lot. We want to pay the same for a 60 hour game and have it be as good a quality as the 20 hour game price-point. I'm imagining running my business using that model. No.

I wonder how much DA2 sold? Wikipedia was uninformative. Obviously enough to greenlight DA3.

Forum veteran
I wonder how much DA2 sold? Wikipedia was uninformative. Obviously enough to greenlight DA3.
This is the picture I remember seeing way back:

Not much of a source, but the sharp dropoff would explain why Bioware was giving away Mass Effect 2 for free to purchasers of DA2 less than a month after release. Personally, I didn't hate DA2, but I've become really aware of those little Bioware-isms in the story and graphics since Mass Effect 3. Weirdly reflective character skin, forced drama, sudden-twists-that-never-live-up-to-KOTOR's-Revan-one, and other little things like that.

And I like 20 hour games more than 60 hour games a lot of the time. They usually have better pacing (and with it, a more enjoyable story), whereas the longer games typically achieve their length through tedium and busywork. Relevant because I heard about how people were 60 hours in and felt only half finished with DA:I and something inside of me groaned. The backlog demands polyamory and becomes jealous of lengthy games.

At this point I've pretty much lost faith in Bioware.
Yeah they're keeping the basics of the story-telling they're famous for but are reducing character development to "what weapons do you use". Adding more and more "roam around killing stuff" to their games (Diablo anyone?) And lastly replacing character based combat with player based (I fully expect DA:5 to be an FPS).
I have over 100 hours into DA:I, and spend 5+ hours roaming around killing stuff and collecting junk loot for every 5 minutes of "story line" and maybe one loot drop in 2-300 is worth using.
Some say Bioware has succeeded in creating a single-player MMO grind ...

When it comes to sales figures for games from the same company, within the same series, I would not be surpriced if it is simmilar to how it is in movies that open in the cinema.

If the previous game/movie was really good, and a lot of people bought/saw it... then the next game will usually sell more, just as the next movie will tend to have more people go see it in the cinema. And then if the second game/movie happend to not turn out as well as was expected, from how good the first one was, then the third game/movie will suffer for it in amount of sales/cinema-go'ers... no matter how good that third movie was.

I think this is more common in movies though, and effects movies a lot more then it does games. But I do think it has some simmilar effects on games as well, maybe just not as big. Partly because I think gamers react much faster to the reviews and word of mouth etc that come out about a game, much quicker than cinema-go'ers do anyway.

Wait.... you've played for 100 hours and only just decided you don't like it?

My thoughts exactly.

I've heard people deriding the game, yet claim they're on their third playthrough. My only guess is that they're either bullshitting, or love to torture themselves!

I'm 42 hours in myself and liking it far more than I expected to. The game does have faults, bugs, and questionable design choices, but it's still my favourite of the series.

I haven't done any grinding at all. Mind you, I'm not a completionist - I don't really care if I'm short regen potions, ( although my stronghold grows elfroot..so I'm rarely short) and I never, ever need Power to take on quests. Playing the game - last night I freed an outpost I was passing, damn Arcane Horrors can hand out a pasting - and helped out some Dalish who were being ambushed - gives me more Power than I need.

If you are trying to max out your research and get as much Inquisition influence and Inquisition points as you can, yeah, BOY are you going to grind. It takes a lot of ingredients and critter parts to do that.

Why you would do that, I have noooooooo idea. At all. Mind you, I don't get people who grind in MMOs, either. But hey. Each to their deranged own, right?

I'm 30 hours in, but lots of that was spend trying to not-crash on my new video cards and lots of that was trying different party combos. 4 hours of that - no, seriously - was trying to kill a level 13 Elite Dragon when I was level 10.

Yeah. Not my brightest move.

I finally figured out how to do it, but it required an AI exploit. I was debating on whether or not to finish the bastard as I got him down to 10% health and whether it would be cheap or not...when he figured out to move forward JUST ENOUGH to DoT me for my last 10% health.

Arrgh. ARRRGH.

Wait.... you've played for 100 hours and only just decided you don't like it?

Not so much "don't like it" as "not thrilled with it".
I was thrilled with Origins, replayed it over-an-over to see what happened if I did X instead of Y and what was different based on race/gender/class.

If you are trying to max out your research and get as much Inquisition influence and Inquisition points as you can, yeah, BOY are you going to grind. It takes a lot of ingredients and critter parts to do that.

Why you would do that, I have noooooooo idea. At all. Mind you, I don't get people who grind in MMOs, either. But hey. Each to their deranged own, right

It's well known that I'm deranged, doing every quest in every area I enter.
Currently lv 20, killed 4 dragons, and just finishing off Emerald Graves.

In general "RPGers" tend to be completionists, "gamers" just want to power thru the main story-line as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
I am sort of the same... I have a really hard time leaving things behind me... be it quests or items, or other stuff to be found. I will go out of my way to make sure I do everything, and find everything, not to mention kill everything hostile as well, AND bring everything not bolted down with me, in an area befor I move on. Certain types of game are technicly not very good for me due to that, like Skyrim or the new Fallout games... or heck the old fallout games for that matter, or games like Final Fantasy and Suikoden. XD

As for gringing... grinding comes natural to me... and even when I am not grinding I am actually grinding atleast a little bit, and I am usually not even aware of that I am doing it. I would say that in my "none grinding mode" I will probably spend anywhere from 20-50+% of my time on "natural grinding", and doing it without even being aware of that I am doing it as mentioned. As for when I delibratly grind, then I usually have no natural patience limit where I finally go "oh screw it, this is boring as hell!" and go on to doing something else in the game. No, I rather keep going untill I reach my goal, or have to leave the game and go do something else for what ever reason. It's not unusual for me to spend an entire day, not to mention several days at times, on just grinding alone in certain types of games (Final Fantasy and Suikoden comes to mind, amongst a lot of other games... Borderlands was also a game where I tended to grind alot more then "normal").

My brain when concidering if I should grind or not: "Hmm only 2 levels untill 20, and then I can use the best weapon available in this area... considering the XP I get in this area, that would take 50+ fights, which means at the very least 2 if not 3 hours of grinding... should i? Well duh! Of course I am going to do it! So let's due this! Grinding... ENGAGE!", and off I go... and it is not all to unusual for me to once I reach that set goal think "Hmm... if I grind for another 2 hours I could have all the money I need to buy ALL the best equipment for all of the characters in my team right now... yeah let's do that to..."... and sometimes when I am done with that new goal I might think "If I spend only another 4 hours on grinding in this area I could have the best equipment for ALL the characters I can use in the game... sure... why not!" :laughing:

Suikoden games was sort of the "wost" when it came to that... seeing as you could find and recruite 108 characters in the games... and especially those times when I decided to try and keep all of the characters close to the natural level of each area befor leaving them (based on how easy it was to reach a certain level befor it started to become "grinding"... "grinding according to me atleast.. so usually up to maybe 5 levels higher then what most people would do naturally)... :p

I have little to no interest in grinding, but I also do every quest in an area before I move on. I kill what I need to to get where I need to go.

Top Bottom