Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Race: Human

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Race: Qunari

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I will not be buying Dragon Age: Inquisition

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
It was basicly the first section of my post that was ment to show that we played somewhat simmilar.

The rest of the post (the 3 next sections), the parts about grinding, was not. They where more a "but this is how we probably are different"... or "this is how I am different from most other people who play games". I am like that section of gamers who do everything in a game... but when you look closer you will see that even if I am part of that particular section of gamers, I am even more partmentalized in that section of gamers by the fact that I also tend to grind my way through the game untill it turns to dust or something (read as "due to grinding I rarely encounter situations in a game that where difficult, not to mention that I spend a huge amount on the game without actually getting anywhere fast, and usually befor I reach the end of the game I have played my self tired of it and will most likally not finish it... due to grinding taking up so much of my time... but when I try to play games without grinding it feels like I am doing something wrong... so I grind..." XD )

Yeah, after doing everything and going everywhere in a game sometimes the finale doesn't seem worth the effort :dry:

Yeah, after doing everything and going everywhere in a game sometimes the finale doesn't seem worth the effort :dry:

Yeah... for me reaching max character level can have the same effect.

I know I should probably play games in the way of making the first playthrough be close to only about the main story, and not spend to much time on doing to many sidequests and what not. Only grind or do sidequest if I really need to. Which would be be things like not being high enough in level, or not having strong enough equipment, to be able to take care of the opponents I am going up against at the time. And then spend a second playthrough doing everything possible in the game. That would be the optimal thing to do really...

But... unfortunatly I also have another quirk about me that throws a wrench into the cogs of that particular idea of doing 2 playthroughs, where the first only focus on finishing the game. That quirk is that usually, as soon as I have finished a game, I lose compleat interest in playing it ever again. There are few games I have finished that I ever came back to again. Which means that if I did a first playthrough where I only focsed on the main story and to finish the game... the chance that I get to experience everything else in a game is anywhere from noneexistent to unlikely.

Which means technicly I cant play the games in any other way then the way I already do. Because I am actually more likely to come back to a game I never finished, but grew tired of instead, then coming back and playing a game I finished. Although, sometimes that does not happend even with games I never finished, where I end up never coming back to the game... but again it is less likely to happend with a game that I did not finish then a game I did finish.

It is what it is... and as long as I get to play games I am happy though. ^_^ It's not like I feel I can really complain about it anyway... seeing as I do get to play games to begin with... :lol:

Last edited:
But... unfortunatly I also have another quirk about me that throws a wrench into the cogs of that particular idea of doing 2 playthroughs, where the first only focus on finishing the game. That quirk is that usually, as soon as I have finished a game, I lose compleat interest in playing it ever again. There are few games I have finished that I ever came back to again. Which means that if I did a first playthrough where I only focsed on the main story and to finish the game... the chance that I get to experience everything else in a game is anywhere from noneexistent to unlikely.

Yes, that does make things difficult for you. So did you play TW2 and if so, was it one of your exceptions? Given that you miss out almost half the game if you only play once?

I'm the opposite. I don't rush through the first playthrough, but I also don't go out of my way to find things that I may have missed. And I want multiple playthroughs - first is trying it out, second is canon, third is completionist.

Wait.... you've played for 100 hours and only just decided you don't like it?

Sometimes expectations call for giving a fair shot before making the value judgement of whether it good, bad or meh.

I finished Fallout 3 back in 2008 in around 60 hours despite that after 5 I already thought the game was awful.... I hoped for it to get better due to the series legacy, but it didn't, it only got worse the further I went. I even gave it another shot afterwards thinking that "maybe if I do this it will be better", but that didn't last longer than 10 or so hours before I quit and concluded that it was unredeemable shit as a sum of its parts. And in hindsight I can only wonder how did I manage to finish it even once.

Yes, that does make things difficult for you. So did you play TW2 and if so, was it one of your exceptions? Given that you miss out almost half the game if you only play once?
I'm the opposite. I don't rush through the first playthrough, but I also don't go out of my way to find things that I may have missed. And I want multiple playthroughs - first is trying it out, second is canon, third is completionist.

I have actually never played TW2... I did play a bit of TW1, but only some... I don't know, do not really remember since it was 6 almost 7 years ago I played it... so maybe some 20-30 hours into the game... but I never finished it. Although... I don't really feel that I can say I "played it" with only 20-30 hours into a game like that... 20-30 hours for a game like that is just a "minor test" for me... :stuart:

Then some other game probably came around that I felt I just had to play, and sort of forgot about TW1... and then at some point, I am guessing, I got to a point where I probably needed room for tv-series or something, so TW1 got deleted to make room probably... and then it never got reinstalled. Of course I always intended to go back to it, and I also intended to get to TW2 as well. It just never happend. I did like TW1 though, so it was not due to quality or any kind of dislike that I stopped. It just ended up being one of those games that like a lot of other games just accidentally fell of the wagon and got forgoten.

But... if I where to take a guess... if TW2 needed more then 1 playthrough to see everything in it... then yes... I would most likely never have seen all the extra stuff if I had finished it in my first playthrough. There are games in my top 10 best games of all times, that I have only played one time. That's how much this quirk can effect me. Certain types of games however lends them selves very well to me returning to them, even if I did finish them or not.

Take the Mass Effect games for exampl (some of the few games I have actually finished in the last 10-15 years), even if the outcome or stuff you never saw due to you did X instead is probably not as diverse as maybe TW2 (I have no idea how big the difference might be)... and even if I have played ME1 three times, ME 2 two times, and ME3 one time (I really had a strong need of playing the previous games again when a new one came out)... I never saw any of the gameplay, or story, of that game outside of playing as a soldier, and always doing the "good thing" in all the options. The two times I replayed ME1, and the one time I replayed ME2, I still played them basicly exacly the same way as I had the first time I played them... as a Soldier with assault rifle as main weapon, and always doing the right and/or "good" things in the game.

Same with games like Fallout really... or most games in general... I play them a certain way, and I rarely try other playstyles because they rarely, if ever, interest me. For example, playing as a mage in a game is one of the most boring thing I can think of, so as such I would avoid playing a mage type of character like the plague... which is partly why I have never found it interesting to play something like a force user in Star Wars games, or the Biotic classes in Mass Effect. XD

So yeah... as a first playthrough, I in general prefer to play the types of jobs/professions/etc that I like, with the equipment I like, in the way that I like, and in general doing everything possible to miss as little as possible... in that one single playthrough... because as said befor, chances are I might never return to it... no matter how different the game would be if I played something else or in a different way.

A strange thing is that even if things are the same with me with tv-series and movies, where I almost never rewatch a tv-series, and only a few movies get rewatched on rare occations... things are compleatly different with books... books I like I can re-read almost any number of times. If I am counting correctly I have re-read David Eddings book series "The Belgariad" somewhere around 8-9 times, with The Mallorean one time less, Belgaraths book 1 time less then that, and Polgaras book one time less then that. Probably read his series The Elenium and Tamuli about 5-6 times. and right now I am on my 4th read-through of Katherin Kerr's The Devery Cycle series, read Robert Jordans Wheel of time 2 times (due to how long it is, otherwise it would have been more often, I am actually due a 3rd time now with the last 3 books finally being out)...

Last edited:
For my part it's always been "playable" (maybe 2 crashes total, no noteworthy bugs) but the controls on the PC are VERY non-user-friendly.

Depends on the user. I find them very comfortable, BUT - and this is the big difference - I stay out of tactical mode. That one is clumsy as hell.

If you're playing on Easy or Normal you don't need the tactical mode much.
On Difficult you'll have to use it in any "significant" battle.
And of course in Nightmare it's pretty much mandatory.

If you're playing on Easy or Normal you don't need the tactical mode much.
On Difficult you'll have to use it in any "significant" battle.
And of course in Nightmare it's pretty much mandatory.

Oh, I play on Nightmare. I have since I became a KNight Enchanter. Giggle.

Currently, to make the game challenging, I run the Fire ability that takes Barriers away in order to increase damage when casting Fire spells. Now I can do 7000+ damage in a single hit.

I also had to take the ability that regenerates barriers instantly on near-death, or I die. Because archers on Nightmare mode are yowie.

My method is zip up and chill them, cast Invis, cast Fire mine, derezz out of invis for 10x normal weap damage, hit with Spirit Blade a couple times, FIre Mine goes off and maxes barriers, recast fire mine or fireball or Invis or even Energy Barrage for fun, watch as my team of Dorian, Iron Bull and Sera explodes the enemy, giggle to myself.

I did have to rebuild Bull for sword and board.

I never used Tactical mode, on Hard either as a normal Mage. Lots of that is because playing WoW already taught me to watch my cooldowns, look for buffs, observe situational awareness for other mages and archers, etc.

Methinks you're gonna be in trouble when they fix the Knight Enchanter bugs.

IYEAAGH.

Wait, what bugs? WHAT BUGS?

Lately, I'e been soloing content on NIghtmare. Because hilarious. I -did- die on the first Rift I soloed, but then my brain reactivated and it was fine. So used to having back up when I kill stuff, had to actually pay attention to my barriers.

I'm running the increased damage as mana goes down, from the Storm tree, the boosted fire damage from Barriers, more boosts from whenever I Dispell, which is often, as well as gear that lets me crit nearly half the time and does 85% more damage when I crit.

Last night I hit a Despair Demon for just under 14,000 damage on Nightmare. So giggle.

Edit:
So, I ran across this. Yeah. ALL IS HORRIBLY CLEARER.

Last edited:
I think everyone here is either drunk or has a hangover. If nobody responds, there's a huge thread on it over at the Witcher side, with people helping each other. (Complete with spoilers, you've been warned).
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/16975-Dragon-Age-Inquisition?p=1500117#post1500117

Thank you..

I guess this means you're around again?

For a short while.. I am not done with the ship yet.. I really wish that I was..

Anyone playing DAI right now? I need a little help..

What do you need? Did you find it over on the Primitives side of the forum? You know they don't bathe over there, right? Like, ever? I think Bloth thinks water is something you give to children and violently assault pubtenders for putting anywhere near his drink.

I took care of it.. I didn't mention anything about the bath thing though.. Didn't want to offend anyone..

Last edited:
For a short while.. I am not done with the ship yet.. I really wish that I was..

Having finally got round to playing The Ottomans on Civ V, I think I understand now. It's great being able to take over the world using 10 Triremes and 2 Galleasses, but it must be a total PITA for the crew.

Edit: Just saw your post in The Other Place. Great they were able to help so fast :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom