Dragon Age vs the Witcher

+
MR said:
MR said:
Do any of them say, "Gee, thanks for the chicken"? :D
Depending on your nanosuit's strength setting they may not say anything at all after being hit by a high velocity chicken. ]:->
I've been tossing my chickens for years in Zelda games :D. You can kick and punt chickens in Fable 1 and 2 as well. But the Witcher is kind of different; they are wondering around in groups like you would see in an actual village. I can't say what crysis does, never played it.

Guest 2005166

Why does it always end with animal cruelty? I want my cow catapult now... throwing chicken is for beginners!

Unkreativ said:
Why does it always end with animal cruelty? I want my cow catapult now... throwing chicken is for beginners!
Clearly the two of us need to get together and make a game where chickens throw people. ;D

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Clearly the two of us need to get together and make a game where chickens throw people. ;D
"The Chicken throw PEOPLE... PEEEEEEOPLE!!!!!!!" I can imagine a human saying as he runs through the streets :D

Storyline in Witcher is much more original and interesting than in Dragon Age. In my opinion story in Dragon Age is too much just a another Tolkien ripoff. Combat system in Dragon Age was too complicated for me, but i played it on the Xbox, DA was clearly designed to be played on PC. Witcher was the only reason for me to play on PC in a long time :)

This question is like asking which car is better mercedes or BMW.I mean both games rocks , both are awesome with great story, characters and details . and both are different one is action rpg game style - Witcher and other is team based strategycal rpg.For me both are games of decades both awesome games which hooked me on playing and enjoying their worlds for hours with repeatable value.For me good games and i played lots of em but didnt finished all are ones which hook ppl till they finish em and in like 2 years i finished only Witcher and DO .

The Witcher is in my eyes better game.DA: O is predictive game, walk 2-3 corners and hit at 2 hurlocks + 2 genlocks, walk 2-3 corners and hit at 2 hurlocks + 2 genlocks + 1 emissary, walk 2-3 corners and hit at 2 hurlocks + 2 genlocks + 1 emissary + Oghre or some other boss.Graphics in DA: O is worst than in Witcher, everything except character in 1st view is low resolution.I HATE muted dialogues!Combat is cool but sometime too complicated and more annoying than enjoying.

I would like to congratulate CDPR with the fact that their game is officially became a classic game. Formally, the term "classics" means that others are heavily influenced by it and use it as an example to create their own pieces. Dragon Age is doing exactly that. They have racial tensions between elves and humans, they have added siding with different factions that totally change the outcome in very similar way, they have their own zeugl :) in Deep Roads, an alchemy and ingredients collection look similar, journal is somewhat similar (monsters, characters, quests, general info about everything, etc.) but the graphical design of it is worse than in the Witcher, Dragon Age has few coup de grace moves too, contract quests from noticeboards, they even tried to add hard moral choices but actually did not succeed in that area because there is always a possibility to be "good, white and fluffy" (with no trade-offs), Lograine motives are close to GM's in the Witcher. Overall, Dragon Age suffers of the lack of originality despite non-linear plot. Their storyline is mostly bland, predictable and repetitive. I usually don't care much about graphics in CRPGs but the Witcher wins here too. If you played Baldur's Gate and the Witcher games then you'll find almost nothing new in Dragon Age. Well, there are positive sides of the Dragon Age. One is party members' interaction (there are several illogical reactions of approval and disapproval but mostly it's good). It's made really well, except I would have removed visible approval score, it would be much more fun to detect approval rating without seeing the number but by the difference in their dialogs. :) Technically, Dragon Age is made really well though I would prefer awesome storytelling of the Witcher with minor bugs any day over very well made but copy-paste scenario of the Dragon Age. One original quest in Dragon Age that was very good is the escape from the prison with the help of your different companions (bluffing dialogs there per say). Don't get me wrong, if you've played very few low quality CRPGs or never played them at all then Dragon Age might look very good. There are other aspects of these games that can be argued, of course...

I see so many posts stating that The Witcher is far superior than Dragon Age.While I agree, second and further that, I'm wondering if people would say that here and not in the DA forums?I mean, members have to be loyal and whatnot, but I guess there's no way to prove it. Still, I vote stands just. :peace:

Actually, there is a "Dragon Age vs. The witcher" thread over at the DA forums, and believe it or not, The Witcher is actually holding it's own even among Dragon Age fans. Even to the point where one poster commented about it. I won't be bothered to look for it to post here, but I assure you it's there. Just search for it.

evmiller said:
Actually, there is a "Dragon Age vs. The witcher" thread over at the DA forums, and believe it or not, The Witcher is actually holding it's own even among Dragon Age fans. Even to the point where one poster commented about it. I won't be bothered to look for it to post here, but I assure you it's there. Just search for it.
I was bothered. Enjoy: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/442879/1The confusion about multiple endings mentioned on page 2 of the above thread had me chuckle. I'm still wondering to what point of TW the originator of said confusion got ;)Oh, look! Another one: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/370517I thank you for your timeGorthuar of MirtheMaster of Arcane Magick

gorthuar said:
The confusion about multiple endings mentioned on page 2 of the above thread had me chuckle. I'm still wondering to what point of TW the originator of said confusion got ;)
Wow, I was wondering the exact same thing the second I read it. Very entertaining.It seems the Dragon Age fans love their game but adore this one even more... apart from trying to explore the full potential of DA, all else seems set on TW being tops for them too. Its amazing how this game outclasses DA by a miles-shot. I just hope TW2 can prove itself worthy of continuing TW1's legacy and be as adaptive as DA. What a masterpiece it would be. :peace:

Dragon Age Origins is an amazing game truely is but so is The Witcher been blessed with playing both on my new custom computer so seeing all graphics turned up was dreamy to play. The one thing i think DAO does better than The Witcher is the amount of different character models in game.. They all look different so when talking to a merchant type character they all were not fat guys with the same necklace around there necks like in The witcher.. Or the ******/cortisans like in Witcher all looked the same obviously using the same model. If The Witcher gave each character a bit more uniqueness then that would of made it even more mind blowing...Both games top marks cant wait for The Witcher 2 and DAO new game which is coming soon too.

Davinius said:
Both games top marks cant wait for The Witcher 2 and DAO new game which is coming soon too.
Wow, then we'll need to update or make a new thread:... Dragon Age: ????? vs. The Witcher 2 AoK :Dmaybe even take it one step further and compare both their forum posts with ours ;D Would be sweet :peace:

One thing that occured to me: in Dragon Age reality is brown. And I don't mean the Fade, which is kind of ok. Somehow the colours in The Witcher are much more lively and realistic.

Dragon Age has an expansion pack that's coming out in March, four months after the release of the initial game.I know that CDPR is a much smaller company than Bioware, so of course they have fewer workers and fewer resources and need to take longer to get things done. But damn, wouldn't it have been wonderful if an expansion pack for The Witcher had come out even twice that long after the initial release? (And no, I don't count "Price of Neutrality" and "Side Effects" as an expansion pack. I'm glad to have them, but they're quite small and nowhere near as interesting as the main game.)

gorthuar said:
I was bothered. Enjoy: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/442879/1The confusion about multiple endings mentioned on page 2 of the above thread had me chuckle. I'm still wondering to what point of TW the originator of said confusion got ;)Oh, look! Another one: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/370517I thank you for your time
:Dthanks for those links, it was quite amusing ;)

Top Bottom