Dragon Age vs the Witcher

+
reanimathor said:
reanimathor said:
And you're not the only person who thinks so!
Yeah, I know!But apparently having "RED" in my profile makes my every post The Official Statement of CDProjekt RED ;)
Well, many people DO think that way. It sounds like you and CDPR learned something important here -- if you have "RED" in your profile, what you say WILL be taken as the official position of CDPR. But that doesn't mean that you need to censor yourself; all you need is a second account that doesn't identify you as a RED, so you can have official posts and private ones. It would be weird for an ordinary forum member to have several accounts, but I think it's perfectly reasonable for REDs to have their official account and also a private one.

Jeez, everyone have freedom of speech. This is just internet forum, not the official site.Example how other companies make commercials and battling with competition.VIDEO LINK CLICK HEREAnd Yes, the character in DA looking dull, soulless, dumb, retarded or wahtever You prefer.A good example how your DA character should lookhttp://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7035/dac.jpgThere is more creative players on Bioware social.And by the way, majority of the RPG players easily recognize quality of the 1st The Witcher game over DA, really pointless to discuss anything further.P.S-I have met Shianny in Elven alienage yesterday, which is very similar to Shany from TW with red short hair but too bad not good lookin' as Shany :D

GoranSRB said:
Jeez, everyone have freedom of speech.
Yes, everyone HAS free speech ... but the things reanimathor said caused a controversy that he didn't want or mean to cause. I suggested a way that he could say whatever he wanted without having those side effects. That's all.

DA:O is a very good game, not as good as TW imo but very close.I disagree with some of the comments on finishing moves in DA as i found them to be very good, it depends what part you play in the game. If you play as a mage the finishing moves are different from a rogue’s finishing moves and also it depends if you play as an archer or a dw dex rogue.I usually play as a human noble rogue and some of the finishing moves are brilliant, for me one of the best parts of DA.Tactics are very bad in DA when you compare them to FFXII so i usually have to micromanage.Relationships with team members i found to be good apart for the cheap gift method, basically you can say what you like to team members and then give them a gift and everyone is happy again, to easy for me.The balance of some fights was not good before the 1.02 patch but now it’s better and the game is easy after playing through the first time.I also found the ending after Landsmeet a little boring but overall a good game with a good story and i have played the game at least 8 times so far so it does have replayability.

I can't see why so many people bashing Dragon Age just for the sake of it. It's a game with many flaws, but the good parts stand out so much that they overshadow the bad and make it a winner. Personally I loved the choices offered by means of the different choices and some of the earlier quest options. That, and the brilliant dialogue. ;D

godkingofdivineroad said:
I can't see why so many people bashing Dragon Age just for the sake of it. It's a game with many flaws, but the good parts stand out so much that they overshadow the bad and make it a winner. Personally I loved the choices offered by means of the different choices and some of the earlier quest options. That, and the brilliant dialogue. ;D
I agree with almost everything you said but the flaws. I simply don't see them. I'll remain a fan of both Witcher and Dragon Age. Equally. I can't wait to see how they both play out story-wise.~ Roxy

Having recently finished DA I can just say its an okay game.The hopelessly generic world and plot combined with the lack of any specific visual identity make it inferior to the Witcher in my opinion.Its forgettable fun, much like everything Bioware has released post Throne of Bhaal.

Guest 2005166

Hmm, you just remind me, I could dust off good old "Baldur's Gate".

Indeed it is! I've lost count of the times I've journeyed all the way from Candlekeep to Saradush and beyond ;)

[/QUOTE]I haven't played ME 2, but have heard that it may not be RPG just at all ;D[/QUOTE]Its Not. While it is entertaining for some, i felt ripped off. waited for 3 years for this sequel and they forgot what made the fist game so fun. Let me sum up ME2 MINOR SPOILER ALERTafter the "twist" beginning, it feels like everything you did in the orignal was a waste of time, a complete waste of time considering all your old homies dont give a crap about you except for one...then after you are introduced to the 2 new factions in this game, you are sent on an arbitrary mission to "recruit" teammates, and then get them to like you (which is idiotic, becuase all you have to do is talk to them)...then after your team is recruited ( noticed lack of side missions, in the original i spent 40 hours easy just doing those) you are shoved into the LAMEST END BOSS EVER...for some reason he reminded me of LAWNMOWER MAN...this game is a shooter through and through . no RPG aspect at all, the old skill tree is half the size, and using biotics makes the game super easy. I preordered this, picked it up at Midnight, ran home to play it, beat it and shelved it. and whoever thought scanning planets would be a fun minigame should be shot!...gimme my 4x4 Mako back!!!!! It took me 19 hours to play through the game the first time. it took me over 80 hours to beat the original. so i feel ripped off. (i realized that the focus on this game was the decision making from the first, but they lost me with the gameplay...if i wanted another shooter i'd go get call of duty.)ok, my rants over now...hopefully i didnt offend any die hard ME2'ers out there, but i would score it 6/10 the original ME 9/10 and if anyone is wondering TW gets 9.5/10 only game i would give a 10/10 is Fallout 2, becuase i fell in love with that game many many years ago and still enjoy playing it.

godkingofdivineroad said:
For all the good things DA has (and they are few) there are as many flaws. Vital flaws I dare say. The game as a whole is repetitive, boring and predictable. There are only four types of opponents (mages, thieves, fighters and wolves/dogs) that all fight the similar way. When I played the game I felt I always fought the same fight over and over again. I also must say that I don't understand this new trend of level scaling enemies and weapons as well as massively upgrading characters. Starting the game as a level 1 you can have strength of about 10 when finishing the game you have about 40 or even more. I loved original infinity engine games where you were practically stuck with stats you had at beginning. Because eveything was scaled to my level, there was no sense of achivement throughout game. In witcher as you got more powerful you could clearly see this, those drowners were really a peace of cake later in the game.

ReachfortheSkylar said:
and using biotics makes the game super easy
Heh ... I don't know how the game plays on low difficulties, but on Insanity biotics are somewhat underwhelming.I'm uploading mission-by-mission insanity footage to youtube (my channel is danceofmasks), and frankly my infiltrator owns (at all times) .. while my adept had a lot of deaths in the early game.I have to agree about the "R" in rpg being light in ME2 .. it's an action game.However, saying "if I want another shooter I'll get COD" is a bit unfair ... ME2 is a plot orientated action game, while COD is a good PvP engine with weaksauce for PvE.Cutting back on the drudgery was a good idea, they just went too far .. and put in some different drudgery .. that planet scanning is definitely irritating.Helps if you only scan rich planets, play on PC (mouse-scanning is a lot faster than controller scanning), only target high concentrations of resources, and don't care if you miss stuff by sweeping a little too quickly.'cos at the end of the day, with so many rich planets in the game, you'll still be swimming in resources.I do not miss the ridiculous inventory from ME1, nor do I miss the mako (they could have improved the driving engine, but seriously a large chunk of development time went into the planets' terrain, and I'm happier if more relevant content gets released in terrain's stead).As for side missions, DLC is meant to add more .. some "flying" missions will be here soon (though I'm dubious about the concept), kasumi + associated quest, and likely more.The first few DLCs will be free (for cerberus network members), as far as I know.

Tlazolteotl said:
.. that planet scanning is definitely irritating.
...and boring.If I decide to scan every planet inside one system with lets say 5 planets, after 3 planets completed in the row, on the half of the 4th planet I find myself with the head on the space bar key in deep snoring :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

GoranSRB said:
If I decide to scan every planet inside one system with lets say 5 planets, after 3 planets completed in the row, on the half of the 4th planet I find myself with the head on the space bar key in deep snoring :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
And ... out of those 5, there'd only be 1 or 2 rich planets.Don't bother mining the rest. Go into orbit just to see if there's an anomaly (and if the planet is rich), and then leave.

My only problem with Dragon Age was they tried to put too much info in the game . My point is the quests verses history other than the blight most of the quests have no historical balance . They dump a whole lot of Fereldan history on you but the history has no real meaning . The quest that seems to combined it all is the sacred ashes quest . I guess my whole point is they could have made one real in depth game on some of the quests in the game . To much info and not enough to do with it . Overall a playable game but by The Witcher standards comes up short .

secondchildren said:
Oh my lord Sauron....am i the only one who has not tried DA yet? :'(
It's a good game; you should try it!
secondchildren said:
My only problem with Dragon Age was they tried to put too much info in the game . My point is the quests verses history other than the blight most of the quests have no historical balance . They dump a whole lot of Fereldan history on you but the history has no real meaning .
Yes, there's a whole lot of lore in the game, and most of it is just background. I think it's nice to include that sort of thing, for the people who want it, but it would have been nice if it had been a bit clearer which was optional, read-this-if-you-REALLY-like-deep-background information and which was stuff the player actually needed to know.

I didn't like how they design codex/lore, bunch of squares and numbers is a bit confusing ???Compare that to The Witcher's lore http://taluxb.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/witcher-postcard1.jpg sweet :D

Top Bottom