Dragon Deck

+
Anybody here who already tested, or faced this deck can tell me if it's good atm?
https://gwentup.com/decks/76

If not, what cards would you replace?
Atm i got almost 3.000 scraps so i must know what i will enchant before doing any mistakes

Ahh this seems pretty cool. Not sure why Brouver is leader though, I would put Eithne to make sure I get max value out of that Schirru.

Ahh this seems pretty cool. Not sure why Brouver is leader though, I would put Eithne to make sure I get max value out of that Schirru.
I think Brouver is to, make sure, that you get the HP you want on SCHIRRU before you activate the ability i think.
Also, isnt saesenthesis blase kinda useless? The blase one, people wont lock it?

rrc

Forum veteran
Unless you run Areline Neophyte is useless and is kind of prone to row wide effects (and also enables Sol Blathanna Bomber). If you don't run Areline and Milva Neophyte is a mistake IMHO. You can replace it with Wolf Pack (if you want attack) or Peasant Militia (if you want boost, for example, to keep Swordmaster alive).

Why is it called Brouver Soup? Northern Realms Brouver seems more appropriate :).

Anybody here who already tested, or faced this deck can tell me if it's good atm?

Pretty sure I ran into it once. Can't remember which deck I was playing. Pretty sure I got shit on too because the deck I was running wasn't control heavy. So very little way to stop the orders units.

The only thing I could think to change is the bottom part. Fitting in Aelrinn with the dragon horde would be unlikely unless you cut Defenders. Those are probably needed for a number of reasons. The only bronzes I could think to change are Neophytes, Dragoons and Healers. Not sure if you would gain much since the only options are more 4p cards.

It's because Brouver is more better.

Also, isnt saesenthesis blase kinda useless? The blase one, people wont lock it?

My guess is the Defenders and Swordmasters are the bait.

rrc

Forum veteran
. The only bronzes I could think to change are Neophytes, Dragoons and Healers. Not sure if you would gain much since the only options are more 4p cards.
I would keep Dragoons. They are the cheapest Move unit (cheaper by 1 provision) which can easily brick opponents row locked Golds. One of the redemptions for ST for sub-par over-all units (unfortunately by a weak Bronze).

I would keep Dragoons. They are the cheapest Move unit (cheaper by 1 provision) which can easily brick opponents row locked Golds. One of the redemptions for ST for sub-par over-all units (unfortunately by a weak Bronze).

So would I :). I just meant it's one of the few units I could see cutting without messing with the theme of the deck. It doesn't have anything benefiting from movement except Swordmasters and Skirmishers.

Neophytes are probably the worst bronze card since there is no Aelrinn. Only thing I can think of there is to give a CoF target to pull Schirru.

I'm not sure I'd play that deck in any serious capacity, TBH. It doesn't have any thinning.

I don't like that this deck has no artifact removal, you should put at least one. Also, I don't see much synergy, except buffing Sheldon and arranging enemy units to Schirru. So, if you won't be able to get value from Schirru you will struggle.
Probably you should think about getting more value from your leder, i. e. playing lacerate, crushing trap, or/and Vrihedd Brigade.

I don't like that this deck has no artifact removal, you should put at least one. Also, I don't see much synergy, except buffing Sheldon and arranging enemy units to Schirru. So, if you won't be able to get value from Schirru you will struggle.
Probably you should think about getting more value from your leder, i. e. playing lacerate, crushing trap, or/and Vrihedd Brigade.

How do you not see synergy in that deck? It has 3 ways to buff Schirru. It has 3 ways to align units for Schirru. CoF pretty much guarantees finding it, so there are 2 ways to find him. It has the potential for 3 large removals not counting Schirru. It has Saes + Unicorn. It has lock bait to protect the order units. That deck has synergy all over the place.

The only real weakness I see is the lack of thinning ability. I'm guessing the idea there is to bank on having so many good cards such that you're bound to draw something. The problem would be you could get totally screwed if you drew the wrong cards together and got shit mulligans. It looks like Pumpkins deck so I can understand not caring about this. He high rolls everything :).

In terms of the leader synergy... It's quite clear that's an Eithne deck running Brouver because Eithne got nerfed into the abyss. Yeah, Eithne is a dwarf now.

How do you not see synergy in that deck? It has 3 ways to buff Schirru. It has 3 ways to align units for Schirru. CoF pretty much guarantees finding it, so there are 2 ways to find him. It has the potential for 3 large removals not counting Schirru. It has Saes + Unicorn. It has lock bait to protect the order units. That deck has synergy all over the place.

The only real weakness I see is the lack of thinning ability. I'm guessing the idea there is to bank on having so many good cards such that you're bound to draw something. The problem would be you could get totally screwed if you drew the wrong cards together and got shit mulligans. It looks like Pumpkins deck so I can understand not caring about this. He high rolls everything :).

In terms of the leader synergy... It's quite clear that's an Eithne deck running Brouver because Eithne got nerfed into the abyss. Yeah, Eithne is a dwarf now.
thanks for all the answers, tomorrow night ill look into every single answer of you more carefully and see if i can fulfill your opinions about it!

How do you not see synergy in that deck? It has 3 ways to buff Schirru. It has 3 ways to align units for Schirru.

Yeah out of which you will draw none. Or draw them all and not draw Schirru. Or call the Forest into Schirru but then not have enough aligning power to make it count.

You are definitely right about no thinning. And if bad draws can mess up the game plan, best believe there will be plenty of those. To be safe with this deck, I think you would have to draw out rounds as much as possible and dump all the rubbish you can.

thanks for all the answers, tomorrow night ill look into every single answer of you more carefully and see if i can fulfill your opinions about it!

Eh, a word of caution. I probably wouldn't alter that deck much. Pumpkin is a pretty good deck builder. So if it is indeed his creation the selections are probably for a reason.

As I said one change I could see making would be towards the bottom end. There you're swapping out 4p cards for other 4p cards. It probably won't matter much, and it might even hurt.

The only other change I could think to make is to get thinning into it somehow. Ithlinne and a 4p card for Villem/Aelrinn or Defenders and a gold for Witchers maybe. Both would have drawbacks.

If I remember right there was an Eithne Dragon deck floating around before Eithne, Scorch and Gigni got nerfbatted.

Eh, a word of caution. I probably wouldn't alter that deck much. Pumpkin is a pretty good deck builder. So if it is indeed his creation the selections are probably for a reason.

As I said one change I could see making would be towards the bottom end. There you're swapping out 4p cards for other 4p cards. It probably won't matter much, and it might even hurt.

The only other change I could think to make is to get thinning into it somehow. Ithlinne and a 4p card for Villem/Aelrinn or Defenders and a gold for Witchers maybe. Both would have drawbacks.

If I remember right there was an Eithne Dragon deck floating around before Eithne, Scorch and Gigni got nerfbatted.
Thanks, atm im still saving scraps for Call of the Forest and Eyck of Denesle

Top Bottom