Draw deck

+
Draw deck

OMG!!! I have alot emotions. Yesterday played against NG draw deck (Avalash, Emphir Ventris Ect.). I have no cards in deck in second round, and my oppenent continue to draw and draw and draw...

After that I make my own Draw deck and its Awesome (NG is back)!!! All decks with 25 cards and deckthin mechanics was dried in second round, and I easily have 3 or more card advantage.

Dont want to post that deck, couse dont want to see it alot in ladder :)

Who play or face that, what do you think?

I faced one of these last night. Got to say it was interesting to play against.

Unfortunately for my opponent I was playing a deck that had plenty of counters, and zero cards that I didn't want to draw.

Wouldn't mind seeing more similar matchups. Makes for a fun game. :D

Last edited:
Now Im working on my deck, and see that it need more control. Need time to face all matchups, but for now I see that its deck is like "can win any deck with 25 cards".

And opponents deckthins are so awesome, all drawAgents are my good friends to :)

I'm playing that deck and unless the opponent has a copy of Summoning Circle or are by some unknown reason running their full 45 set of cards, they're up for a ride unlike anything they'd ever experienced. The new Magne Division unit really pushed mill into a tier0 -deck.

This deck seriously has to be fixed in some manner or another however. People think that ST is "unfun" to play against already, and those decks can't even begin to break the game half as much as this one does. I'm going down 3 - 4 cards in round 1 and come out ahead 5 - 6 cards in round 2.

It's also absurd that as long as you're able to have at least a somewhat decent mulligan phase, you're more or less guaranteed to have the combo due to the amount of cards that the deck draws even without the whole Avallach / decoy -circus.

It has a favourable matchup against:
ST Mulligan, ST tremors, SK Kambi - or any other SK for that matter, any NR deck with less than 30 cards, NG reveal, MR frost ...

Last edited:
Yesterday face SK with longships and grateswords. They need to be locked in second round ASAP, couse in long all card games they grow too much.

Razhael;n9420901 said:
This deck seriously has to be fixed in some manner or another however. People think that ST is "unfun" to play against already, and those decks can't even begin to break the game half as much as this one does. I'm going down 3 - 4 cards in round 1 and come out ahead 5 - 6 cards in round 2.

I definitely hate it to play against mill Nilfgaard. Don't know at the moment if it is really a top tier deck, but I'm afraid it could be the case. I've always hated the existence of this archetype.

BornBoring;n9421181 said:
I definitely hate it to play against mill Nilfgaard. Don't know at the moment if it is really a top tier deck, but I'm afraid it could be the case. I've always hated the existence of this archetype.

Trust me, it's tier-0. The only counter to the deck are cards that can instantly banish Avallach (killing it isn't enough as long as you have had time to demote it to silver with shackles, due to Assire vA), summoning circle into Assire vA or running a deck with 33+ cards without thinning.

I've played it against streamers and on the ranked ladder. There are some sub-optimal lists out there that run the new version of the Alba Spearmen (those are still garbage), but the refined list kills any deck by either running a long round 1, or by going down 2-4 cards in round two and bleeding the opponent by drawing well beyond +18 cards through the combo. Then when the opponent passes or has run out of cards you push the cows to deal the final big strength swings.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hype so much, this is the most risky deck to play. Number of cards that you can be ahead is really high but number of thing that can go wrong is high as well. How about artefact compression on avallach? Coral is still quite popular, with one of this two cards your idea might be useless.

This isn't as good as people think it is. It's a low tempo deck and against certain deck you just won't be able to catch up, milling them or not.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9428171 said:
This isn't as good as people think it is. It's a low tempo deck and against certain deck you just won't be able to catch up, milling them or not.

True, sometimes realy hard to have all needed cards. And its not easy to play that deck, 100% not autoplaydeck

Last edited:
Nilfgaard, in general, is hard to play. Mill decks require even more thought put into it, so you don't end up milling yourself.

It is hard to play but really fun when it works in your favour. In one match I went four cards down in round 1 because the opponent had passed and Avallach was still gold. By the end of the second round I was three cards ahead with his deck almost empty or fully depleted :p

Played a mirror match earlier today too, which is one of the most ridiciously and hilarious things I've seen in Gwent. We both emptied are 29 card decks in round 1 but kept playing by decoying Assira whatshername and putting a destroyed card and decoy back in the deck then keep drawing. At most, before the damage cards were played, the score was around 160 for both. Lost though, so I guess his version was better.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9428171 said:

I've only seen videos and have played against them. Never bothered to make the deck myself. As soon as I am aware of what they are trying to do I just pass early with a big point lead or when I'm confident they will need two cards to catch up.Always shuts down the mil.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I did one of these decks thinking i would be the only one, first time i test it... it's against one pretty much the same, but way more refined.

I was using Calveit, but i see now that Emhyr is pretty much a must for this type of deck.

And he was able to drain me much faster because i wasnt expecting to face mirror decks at all, and only put 27/28 cards...

Of those that have experience with these decks - is the whole Avallach, Emhyr-Avallach, Cahir-Avallach, Decoy-Avallach a must, or are there other ways to drain? Because if they kill Avallach before demoted and returned to hand, i wouldnt know what to do...

DRK3;n9456371 said:
... Because if they kill Avallach before demoted and returned to hand, i wouldnt know what to do...

Well, when I kill the Avvalac'h my opponent usually instantly forfeits, which is as stupid as it may come.

I faced one mill deck couple of days ago ( i play wild hunt frost deck) and i ended up winning by 85 in round 3 looool. it was a long round and he was being drained by frost on 3 rows and i used caretaker to steal assir from his graveyard and returned 2 units to my deck which i drew them later on thanks to his abuse of avallach.

DRK3

Forum veteran
partci;n9459141 said:
Well, when I kill the Avvalac'h my opponent usually instantly forfeits, which is as stupid as it may come.

Yeah i think without Avallach you wont be able to drain all the cards of the opponent. For now, while this strategy may be not well known, it might work, opponents even happy they're getting more cards from your Avallachs, but later, he might become a prime target, and without him you can do very little.

I've done much calculations on how much one can mill with the deck, and it turns out even without the whole Avallac'h combo, the deck can still mill 8-10 cards. Which is done by replaying Albrich 3x by their usual combo, and use Renew on Avallac'h. On a usual 25-cards deck that don't thin itself, this would leave the deck at 2-4 cards remaining on round 3.

I think, to effectively kill the deck, you'd need to kill gold Avallac'h twice and not to thin yourself beyond 2 cards, playing around Sweers is also a thing. Or just play the thick 30+ cards NR decks there is. Not killing Avallac'h the second time means that the whole combo would go to Avallac'h, and if you thin 3 or more cards even if you've killed Avallac'h twice, you have enough chance of decking out which enables their Magne Divisions. Also, killing Avallac'h twice, AND Albrich can also shut it. But if they just play Emhyr -> Albrich and Cahir -> Albrich, and it went back to hand twice, then you just need to not thin more than 3 cards (but you still have to kill the Albrich for their Decoy target). This is not always the case though, as that Renew on Avallac'h sometimes isn't doable for them. Their usual hand pretty much comprises of Ava and friends most of the time, thanks to Stefan and also Sarah if they run her. But not always with Renew. (I actually should've referred to me than them, those are my personal experiences.)

Avallac'h getting killed, even twice, is not the end of the deck. Always play around Magne Divisions, that's the idea when you play against mill. And to play around Magne, you must refrain from thinning your deck.

Last edited:
No offense to him but I love the person who made this topic saying "I don't give the deck list because I don't want peoples to copy it" lolol
It's just one of the most popular deck in Gwent since pretty much Nifgaard is a thing but yeah, let's keep it secret XD

All joke aside, I tested the deck (not a huge fan of it in the first place but it's kinda like going in China and not seeing the Great wall, you have to play mill at least once in your life when you play Gwent).
That was the first time I netdecked something, took the list of Freddybabes in the last tournament (copy past) and I'm probably cursed by the RNG gods because I just can't get the combo going in most of the games I play.

At this point I didn't even felt bad for my opponent except for the 2 I beat a moment ago, the deck between my hands doesn't hurt...It's a nice mill deck that fizzle on turn 2 and gives you a free win XD

Last edited:
Draw + Alba Spearman to give him Resistance after being boosted by Magne Division and or Avallach or even Sara is the greatest feeling in the world.

Top Bottom