Dream feature/mod ideas

+
We all know CP has some serious issues that need to be patched and that the devs are going to be mostly tuning AI and taking care of those, so some of the more niche features we've all imagined may never be officially implemented. That leaves the modding community, which has saved so many games in the past, to again step in and flex on CP. The full set of tools they'll need to get under the hood and affect real change won't be here until after 1.2, likely, at the earliest, and we really don't know that they'll get the full kit.

However, with nothing left to do in the game I can't help but think about niche ideas that I'm sure people would enjoy but aren't likely even on the map of CDPR and I'm assuming others have as well. Input from folks who've created mods for other such games would be very valuable to keep us on the track of the possible. This assumes some sort of prologue chapter or future content that allows for a Relic free V to live the high life in NC. I'm also assuming barbers, plastic surgeons, and tattoo artists are on the way.

Things I've been thinking about:
-Car customization. Seems like that's been axed, but the assets for vehicle mods(nomad cars) and skins have to be in there somewhere to be tweaked and played with.
-Link Home and Trunk Storage.
-Chop shop. Steal a car and get it to a shop for a few thousand eddies based on the arrival condition and purchase price.
-Remove the nudity filter. I'm not going to stand around gawking, but strippers in full street leathers and boots is weird in the most epic runner bar in NC(as an example).
-Apartments. This one is dicey as future content could remove locations and it will hopefully be implemented by CDPR.
-More romances. A few good writers with a few good voice actors would create a lot more life in NC. From flings to full relationships, the game could use more options.
-Megabuilding sim. V buys a building and can flesh it out with a ripperdoc, bars, restaurants, clubs, chop shops, w/e... choose the finish and thus rent in business and living quarters. This could get really deep with a wide array of characters and services to invite to your building.
-More races. This would likely be a cooler function in multiplayer, but I want to race more... win the circuit, street races, missions with races. Badlands and in town.
-Race gates for general driving. Obviously a decent minimap would make this less valuable, but I'm tired of staring at the minimap when I drive, I want to look at the city.

What are y'all thinking about?

Last edited:
Start your own business - provides passive income and could generate missions to take over warehouses/distribution points or defend from gang attacks. Plenty of empty retail space in the city - could locate and purchase new shop locations.

Edit - In fact if CDPR don't add in car modifications but the underlying system is there, a car sales + modification business would fit perfectly.

Last edited:
Gangs have story. They be apart of side missions. You basically choose what gang you find interesting. Once you go on a path. You can either join them. Which gives you ways to earn money. call on the phone for help. Activates special ripperdocs. That give you their cyberware or drugs. And if you get high enough, take over. These side missions will clash. When story missions get in the way. EX: When you find out what happend with EVE and the VB's. You could go after them from within. Gangs can take over other gangs over time. Where you could than control the city under the table.

This than opens a second secret ending. Where your gang of choice aids you in the final mission. Depending on how you build up with your gang. They survive to the ending. Denying Smasher any deaths. Other bonuses. The gangs have romance options. If you choose the Alcado ending. Your gang will feel betrayed in the end credits. Depending on your LP. You get treated differently by the members. As well as perks to their story. EX: Corpo V. Gains money faster. Street Kid V is more trusted by the Animals, or 6th street.

Last edited:
Start your own business - provides passive income and could generate missions to take over warehouses/distribution points or defend from gang attacks. Plenty of empty retail space in the city - could locate and purchase new shop locations.

Love that. If implemented with a faction rep system you could get some help from the fixers associated with the various gangs, or corps, or the Aldecaldos, or whoever. Or people you win over in missions or pay that are loyal only to you. It could also integrate positions for individual people so you could employ Judy and try to steal the bouncer from the Mox, as examples.
Post automatically merged:

Gangs have story. They be apart of side missions. You basically choose what gang you find interesting. Once you go on a path. You can either join them. Which gives you ways to earn money. call on the phone for help. Activates special ripperdocs. That give you their cyberware or drugs. And if you get high enough, take over. These side missions will clash. When story missions get in the way. Gangs can take over other gangs over time. Where you could than control the city under the table.

This than opens a second secret ending. Where your gang of choice aids you in the final mission. Depending on how you build up with your gang. They survive to the ending. Denying Smasher any deaths. Other bonuses. The gangs have romance options.
So much this. Should work with corps, too. Hell, you should be able to depose Panam if you're a weirdo that wants to. A faction rep system would add a LOT to the game, but I fear that would have to be a core component from CDPR.

That's a hard call. I'll go with what I want in every game.

-Housing- decoratable
-Trophy Room. Where you know what is displayed there without having to look it up online.
-Character Progression
-Fishing
-Farming or large area Gardening- Indoor grows are cool too.
-Hunting
-Racing
-Mining
-Inventory management isn't an issue/carry as much as you want.
-Search and Discover
-Crafting
-Collectables
-Sets- like a set of cards or armor, etc.

More than anything--I want to play it in VR-- PS VR.

My dream feature is having clearing the NCPD missions be more meaningful beyond a crime scene and then the space filling in with civilian NPCs. Actually have them unlock minor activities like minigames and stores that you can interact with.

-Collectables
-Sets- like a set of cards or armor, etc.

The lack of this kind of thing is very weird to me. Like, I was certain the records would be some sort of set on my first playthrough, I always sold down to one of each.
Post automatically merged:

My dream feature is having clearing the NCPD missions be more meaningful beyond a crime scene and then the space filling in with civilian NPCs. Actually have them unlock minor activities like minigames and stores that you can interact with.

Yeah, we're definitely missing a lot that was intended with the police, maxtac, and trauma team. I'd also love to see this content finished with meaningful results as it would bring a lot of life to the city.

My dream feature is first and foremost is an optional Third Person Perspective as there is no other singular feature that for me would add more enjoyment to the game as it already is. Tons of other great ideas that I've seen people sharing but that for me is my number one.

Guest 4519094

Dream feature ?

being able to do that (planned wall jumps and backflips)

super dream feature

being able to do that (kicks and grabs, but more importantly the water effects (and the camo why not))

Edit - In fact if CDPR don't add in car modifications but the underlying system is there, a car sales + modification business would fit perfectly.

FYI, there's a mod with which you can select all a vehicles' pre-sets. Super awesome that.

Top Bottom