Dreams about multiplayer

+
As discussed in my last thread I came to the conclusion that the dev team changed before and after the release of the game. Everything added in 1.5 has been made by another team not the original who worked on the game.
So I hope that when the original team has been moved to another project, it was to work on multiplayer.

I would love an huge update when it's ready that actually make the city playable outside story mission (probably in multiplayer game).

I really need Trauma team to appear in the game when you hurt an npc.
Police pursuit in vehicules.
Flying cars to land.
All the real nice appartments to be buyable not the bad added to japantown in 1.5 (see my last thread).
Infinite missions and contracts to earn money, level up, play the game.
Overall higher difficulty and stronger enemies according to the situation (for example at police alerts 1* you get foot troops, at 2* cars, and a highest helicopter that drops elite troops as show in the prologue of the game).

Possibly:
Metro in first person (no more fast travel)
More interactions with the world (games on arcade machines, Vinyls playables, etc...)
New cars to buy and maybe even a flying one.
Third person for a better walking experience in night city (can switch back to first person in fights)
Make the city and the crowd even more life-like with more walk patterns (no more straight line only), more panic animations to runaway (no jogging only), more social interactions (groups of NPCs walking togethers, NPCs saluating each others).

What I really want is that the changes are made by the original authors of the game which delivered an awesome product and not low quality addons by new workers.

About - Possibly:

1 - Metro in first person (no more fast travel)

- you have it in MOD - and you can use first and 3rd view. Works fine;

2 - More interactions with the world (games on arcade machines, Vinyls playables, etc...)

- you have it in MODs;

3 - New cars to buy and maybe even a flying one.

- you have multiple mods doing it and much more, like change your own car paint;

4 - Third person for a better walking experience in night city (can switch back to first person in fights)

- you have it in mod, works fine to walk and run (new rig system). Except by combate, back to 1rd view and belive me, is better;

5 - Make the city and the crowd even more life-like with more walk patterns (no more straight line only), more panic animations to runaway (no jogging only), more social interactions (groups of NPCs walking togethers, NPCs saluating each others).

- you have multiple mods doing it.

Look at Nexus Mod.

Well, this is kinda what happends in game companys sadly. People work there asses off getting a game out and then they quit and new people have too fill these rolls. Think its pretty common in all software development tbh, alot of my favorite studios has pretty much none of the employees left from my favorite games or they got shut down.

That list sounds interesting but sadly i think most of it will never come too be from CDPR. Some mods are trying too make these functions and some have succeed but it can be hard too get it right, especially the TT one.

Not in 1.5 it's not. It exits the game to desktop. The mod author already said that it's gonna take a while updating.

Yes, you can and easly. Im using right now. Look at oficial discord (mod page) or page on Nexus:

HERE
the correct version: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/669?tab=files

--------------------------

And, yes, we have a multiplayer MOD in Cyberpunk, all welcome! :ok:

Next update in CyberMod preview list:

"Multiplayer :
- totally new native UI
-Added Instance
-Added FriendList (you can manage it)
-Added Instance User List
-Added Instance Management for the owner
-Added Instance Multiplayer Housing (you can build together !)

-Added Guild
-Added Guild Territory System
-Improved Sync between player and support vehicule skin
-Added Phone Messages to instance
-Added Whisper Message (subtitle) to player
-Added RolePlay Instance
-Added Mulitplayer Datapack (Joytoy and Hide n Seek, more to come)"

If they want a decent multiplayer game, I suggest they look at the core rulebook for either Cyberpunk 2020 or RED to understand how the classes actually work. I love the game itself but it did make me cringe with the half baked class and stat system CDPR went with. Play a Media and be able to sell footage that you could record or be the one to organize a heist as a Fixxer. Allow the players to be part of one of the many gangs of Night City. There is so much potential for an incredible multliplayer experience even it's it's just co-op. I bought a second copy of the game for my Series X when the next gen patch finally came out and I'm constantly wanting to do some of the gigs and missions with other players

Two words: Not needed.
Especially if it goes the route of GTA, which a lot of your suggestions are similar to. You want a bunch of cheating [REDACTED] ruining things for everyone and having to buy....whatever the cyberpunk version of a shark card would be....not credsticks....that's Shadowrun's thing...but anyway, the less of that nonsense, the better.

Two words: Not needed.
Especially if it goes the route of GTA, which a lot of your suggestions are similar to. You want a bunch of cheating [REDACTED] ruining things for everyone and having to buy....whatever the cyberpunk version of a shark card would be....not credsticks....that's Shadowrun's thing...but anyway, the less of that nonsense, the better.
I'd be happy enough with a fully supported cooperative storyline set in NC but an entirely different IP. I'm really not that bothered by competitive stuff, definitely not in a game world like NC, which would be a nightmare to balance.

I'd be happy enough with a fully supported cooperative storyline set in NC but an entirely different IP. I'm really not that bothered by competitive stuff, definitely not in a game world like NC, which would be a nightmare to balance.
I could care less if a multiplayer version of cyberpunk has pvp or not. As long as it's just an optional thing to do or just a specific area, like the combat zone which is missing from Night City. The rest I am 100% onboard with as co-op. There's been so many missions and gigs I've done where I've thought to myself, "man this would have been awesome with some people."

If they want a decent multiplayer game, I suggest they look at the core rulebook for either Cyberpunk 2020 or RED to understand how the classes actually work. I love the game itself but it did make me cringe with the half baked class and stat system CDPR went with. Play a Media and be able to sell footage that you could record or be the one to organize a heist as a Fixxer. Allow the players to be part of one of the many gangs of Night City. There is so much potential for an incredible multliplayer experience even it's it's just co-op. I bought a second copy of the game for my Series X when the next gen patch finally came out and I'm constantly wanting to do some of the gigs and missions with other players
now that sort of multiplayer would be awesome, something like GTA I dislike and wouldn't play, tabletop is a great sprawling world and people think oh wouldn't it be great if all those people in that world were played by real players... reality is most table top have a small group of PC's and the rest of the world is NPC's. Only room for a few heroes in the real world who are the movers and the shakers

-------------------

The metro mod system, I've installed it, I used it once, it affords a nice view of the city but like your bus journey to work no one uses it if they've got a car. Few people go on public transport in real life and those that do spend as little time on it as possible. What sort of gameplay is it when you don't even want to do it for real? yeah, as a kid I was like I wanna go on a train,.. that novelty soon wears off for most

About - Possibly:

1 - Metro in first person (no more fast travel)

- you have it in MOD - and you can use first and 3rd view. Works fine;

2 - More interactions with the world (games on arcade machines, Vinyls playables, etc...)

- you have it in MODs;

3 - New cars to buy and maybe even a flying one.

- you have multiple mods doing it and much more, like change your own car paint;

4 - Third person for a better walking experience in night city (can switch back to first person in fights)

- you have it in mod, works fine to walk and run (new rig system). Except by combate, back to 1rd view and belive me, is better;

5 - Make the city and the crowd even more life-like with more walk patterns (no more straight line only), more panic animations to runaway (no jogging only), more social interactions (groups of NPCs walking togethers, NPCs saluating each others).

- you have multiple mods doing it.

Look at Nexus Mod.
using Nexus mod is never the answer to fix the missing things when it is apparently clear that it should be part of the game from the beginning. The console user also want to have this immersion because buying a consoler is more cheaper than buying a gaming computer.
This is a game that should and scream ''cyberpunk2077'' rather than ''cyberpunk2077, but with mods''. you know exactly yourself what the user of this thread meant with his/her ideas.

something like GTA I dislike and wouldn't play
But would you play GTA where every faction controls its part of the city, and there are capture points to expand territory, and you can customize your character based on what faction you join, and there are missions for rank with new abilities, implants, cars, and whatever, plus multiple drop-in game modes similar to GTA; robbing stores, banks, fighting cops or TDM with other faction groups? Owning your own pad that could be upgraded with cool features? Throw parties? Hang out in strip clubs? Cause random world mayhem and fight swarms of enemies that retaliate?
Post automatically merged:

using Nexus mod is never the answer to fix the missing things
I agree. Mods are a stepping stone to what should have been included in the first place. A lot of them have good ideas, and there's nothing stopping CDPR from implementing the best into the game proper and allowing everyone to share in the fun without having to go to the trouble of making sure all of that works together with mod versions. Plus any modder would tell you they would LOVE the idea that they got credit for something that eventually got added to the game... and honestly, it's not like they have an opinion in the matter anyway. It's CDPR's game, and they can do anything with the content people create for it, credit or not. And to be honest, most mods are a given, anyway, it's just stuff that either got removed during development, or made so much sense it should have been there from the start.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

But would you play GTA where every faction controls its part of the city, and there are capture points to expand territory, and you can customize your character based on what faction you join, and there are missions for rank with new abilities, implants, cars, and whatever, plus multiple drop-in game modes similar to GTA; robbing stores, banks, fighting cops or TDM with other faction groups? Owning your own pad that could be upgraded with cool features? Throw parties? Hang out in strip clubs? Cause random world mayhem and fight swarms of enemies that retaliate?
Bolded part seemed interesting enough, the rest of it sounds absolutely awful. Über pass.
No offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
the rest of it sounds absolutely awful. Über pass.
No offense.
Maybe you could offer some alternatives, unless you're expecting me to say your ideas are absolutely awful? What else could you have with a game like that? It's pretty standard multiplayer gameplay. Some tact would go a long way, too.

Top Bottom