Dress for Success: Companion Clothing

+
If you're like me and spend hours mixing and matching clothing options for your character and your followers you will understand my need to know the answer to this question.

Can we dress up our Companions?

We've seen Minsc... sorry Jackie in a Corpo suit and wearing his usual outfit. Every image of Judy we have, she is in her work clothes. In Fallout 4 and in Skyrim you could dress up your followers and change their weapon load out. With modding we could even change their face, body type and hairstyles.

I am hoping we can change our companions outfits.

I don't think so? Every indication I've seen is that we won't have companions in the style of Fallout/Elder Scrolls, etc. It seems we'll have partners for quests, who will likely dress themselves for quests, like Jackie will don the corporate suit for that mission.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think so? Every indication I've seen is that we won't have companions in the style of Fallout/Elder Scrolls, etc. It seems we'll have partners for quests, who will likely dress themselves for quests, like Jackie will don the corporate suit for that mission.

I would guess no as well.

Or at least that there won't be extensive customization for companions. We'd have probably heard something about that by now if it was a thing.

At best *maybe* something like the Witcher 3 where Yen, Triss, and Ciri all had a single alternate outfit. On the other hand wasn't that DLC? Can't recall if Day 1.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Like Matchst1ckk mentioned above, the game won't have a companion system similar to Fallout or Skyrim, rather one like The Witcher 3 where they'll follow you situationaly, when it suits them and their interests.

Because of that, having the ability to freely alter their clothing wouldn't make much sense, imo. A Dlc with alternative outfits could be a possibility though.

Like Matchst1ckk mentioned above, the game won't have a companion system similar to Fallout or Skyrim, rather one like The Witcher 3 where they'll follow you situationaly, when it suits them and their interests.

Because of that, having the ability to freely alter their clothing wouldn't make much sense, imo. A Dlc with alternative outfits could be a possibility though.
I'd have to agree.
They aren't so much "companions" in the traditional sense as temporary partners during some quests. I doubt you even get to decide which of them accompanies you, merely if they do.

Totally understandable but i do hope to at least be able to advise my main romantic partner to lose the battle armor in lieu of something nicer for a date out on the town. :)

At the moment I am currently excited about what I am going to wear <3 DLC's would be most welcome. I think I remember a 'Special' slot on the inventory screen, perhaps this is for costumes? ie; Jackies Suit

Edited to add: I found the screenshot.

Inventory.png

Last edited:
At best *maybe* something like the Witcher 3 where Yen, Triss, and Ciri all had a single alternate outfit. On the other hand wasn't that DLC? Can't recall if Day 1.
I distinctly remember it being dlc but free & I think it ended up being staggered but I'd have to check details, if it matters ..... I'd agree it wouldn't make sense to have much say over companions clothes the way it seems to be planned for Cyberpunk, though :p

probably won't happen unfortunately. although i hope they change their clothes from time to time. all those open world rpgs, the characters must stink wearing the same exactly clothing for months and years in the game.

Interesting idea it would be nice to change how your companions look but i would suspect that it personally won't happen nice idea that could be played out for the future still im looking forward to learning more about the Moxes as they seem to fit me and my personality personally

Can I put Johnny Silverhand in a sequin dress? :sneaky: with high heels that he can't walk in lol.

Imagine if you can go drinking with Jackie at a bar and you two get wasted. Jackie crossdresses like Geralt and his friends when they drink themselves half to death. Imagine Jackie in a tight dress (that shows off his muscular thighs) and high heels :ROFLMAO: I would die! Straight to photo mode!!

Top Bottom