driving a car etc is extremely hard with keyboard/mouse

+
I have a hard time seeing over the steering wheel! :think:

I haven't driven too much yet; but I did notice my characters car is twitchy in responding to L/R steering inputs. Not as bad as Watch Dogs was back when it was first released though!

seems to depend greatly on vehicle. and using the handbrake

on long sweeping corners like coming down from the moutanish areas i tend to just rapidly tap left or right to get the desired overall input to the wheels.

this isnt a fix but it does help atleast.

Same problem here. Driving a car in this game, with mouse/keyboard is not responsive, and it s the worst thing i ever saw in a video game. Not even old GTA games had this problem.

I was wondering if it was me, with car controls .... I guess it is not. To easily the car over compensates, causing one to 'pinball' down the road. The old game Defiance had a very similar set up for car controls and I had no problems there.
Then again motorcycles in 3rd person, easy. Even to the point of driving very dangerously.

Driving in Saints Row 3 is far better, and that game is 9 years old. CDPR definitely missed the boat on this particular mechanic.

I almost miss Roach.

Almost.

It s like we have a delay when turning the vehicle, and that delay is the same delay when you are driving in first person. The difference is that when you are in first person, it s fine, but when you try to drive in third person camera, it becomes really hard to control the direction of the vehicles.

iCake

Forum veteran
Well, I do find that it is kind of hard to make short, controlled movements to the side, like steer left or right a little, because it always steers just a little too far and your car is effectively being wobbled left and right, as if a drunkard is on the steering wheel.

But what I miss the most is that there no functionial rear view mirrors, which gobbles your situational awareness and leaves you like half blind. You can turn your camera to try and look behind but the game wouldn't actually let you to turn it far enough to actually see what's going on behind. Sad, I was really set on driving in 1st person in this game, but it's no fun like that, so 3rd person it is for now.

There appears to be a lot wrong with the vehicles in CP2077. Like you can be going fast, slam on the brake and go slip and sliding all over the place! Like I used to do at my grandparents on their water slip and slid! xD Don't even get me started on the Motorcycles. I love Motorcycles in video games. I always have. But holy cheeseballs! The braking and driving needs to be fine tuned ASAP! o_O I don't really like riding my motorcycle only to use another car as a ramp. It's comical at best. :LOL: I rarely ever fly off! Only rarely have I flown off.
I love this game despite all of this.

Thing is, this is not a driving sim, so the devs should expect most of the playerbase to be using KBM, not a Logitech G29.....

There should be some level of progressivity in the steering controls. Right now it's like on/off steering.
You're either going straight, or turning full lock.

I don't think driving was ever meant to be a high point of the game. Yes it definitely needs improving, but so does the AI driving, probably more so.

It's clunky as hell with a mouse and keyboard, yeh. I swear I cannot for the life of me drive as car in first person without pranging it (unless it's a Mai Mai), so I stick to those sweeeet Archer bikes, which work heaps better for weaving through all that slow traffic anyway.

Honestly driving a car in this game feels like you're on ice 24/7. Terrible game and car driving.

Yup it sucks with m+kb, I've started using a controller for driving and m+kb for on foot, swaps instantly when you use either input and driving is so much better with the controller, still not the best but I wasn't expecting NFS levels of driving here.

To me personally driving is okay in CP2077.
It's worse than Forza Horizon obviously ( if we ofc ignore the fact that FH4 is unplayable w/ KB ) but better than NFS games, somewhere inbetween GTA 4 & 5 ( GTA 4 was pretty realistic and 5 is arcady ). Still i would say CP2077 handling is soo much superior compared to Watch Dogs or other GTA style open world games for example.

Driving in CP2077 ( w/ Keyboard ) is more fun than in GTA V, you can kinda feel the suspension n stuff.
Some cars handles rly well w/ KB:
That's also why Car tuning feature would be great for adjusting handbrake sensitivity etc in case the car "spins" too much on KB.

Only the "Bugatti" has weird brakes, the brakes executes only after few seconds after pressing "S". Drifting mechanics/physics could also see some improvement especially with bikes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom