driving a car etc is extremely hard with keyboard/mouse

+
To me personally driving is okay in CP2077.
It's worse than Forza Horizon but better than NFS games, somewhere inbetween GTA 4 & 5.

Only the "Bugatti" has weird brakes, the brakes executes only after few seconds after pressing "S". Drifting mechanics/physics could also see some improvement especially with bikes.
Yeah the braking on bikes is pretty bad, highsides or fishtails if you brake hard, bit better with the controller as you can lightly brake but on m+kb it's all over the shop.

I don't remember which game it was (maybe GTA?), but I think a driving style of aiming your mouse could work. Like aiming your mouse in a direction while holding down the left mouse button. Allows you to do minor adjustments.

Other than that I'd like to see traction increased a little on all cars, and maybe turning circles reduced when going slow. Like why is it that my motor bike has a turning circle of a pickup truck??? He moves that handle like 10 degrees in each direction. Making a u-turn on a bike is still a nightmare. Handbrake only helps increase turn when you're goiAttach filesng fast.

The faster the car, the worse it is. Im not a car freak so I am happy and am able to handle jackies bike. Loving it, not hard to drive, easy to get around slow traffic in.

The faster the car, the worse it is. Im not a car freak so I am happy and am able to handle jackies bike. Loving it, not hard to drive, easy to get around slow traffic in.
Yeah the bikes seem to be a better option for navigating the traffic as it's AI is pretty bad, seen massive tailbacks on both lanes on the highway with nothing that should stop them from moving at the front :shrug:

A mini map that zooms out the faster you're traveling could help. currently my experience is losing control because I miss the sharp turns that are around every corner. It doesn't help that we are forced to go the fastest speed limit because the W is the only acceleration option giving no room for speed control.

First thing I did was pressing Q to Third-Person-view for driving.

And PLEASE, PLEASE activate dynamic zoom (depending on the speed) in the minimap, add manual zoom or add GPS indicators for turns in advance (a flash on the minimap or so, just as a sign to make me brake.....)

I find driving a car with controller bad lol, motordycle fine but cars just to sensitive i think

I bought the motorcycle in that old japanese woman's quest area (Red one for 29k). It's by far the best vehicle in the game in terms of controls, speed etc. IMO. I'd get that one!

The control for driving is ok for me. But I have issue with the first person camera view when driving. That I can hardly see the road if I turn on the FP mode.

If there's an achievement for how many pedestrians I've accidentally killed with a car, I feel I'm close to earning it.

I'm not sure I could have killed that many on purpose if I wanted to. :ROFLMAO:

That I can hardly see the road if I turn on the FP mode.

Some cars has nice visibility e.g. The one that looks like "Golf Mk2" but yeah Far Cry 5 for example had exact same issue, the dashboard was blocking whole view.

Would be nice to have "Adjust seat" option.

I dont mind driving with keyboard and mouse. Got used to it back in old Need For Speed games :LOL:
But yeah it's not perfect and the minimap man.... make it even worse.

Much easier in 3rd person view, as compared to 1st person.
You tab left/right instead of press hold, unless cornering.

Driving is fine, just don't always go full throttle. Adapt your speed to the traffic and road. If you drive in real life always full throttle in your car it also will be waiting for accidents to happen.

The first time I drove a car I couldn't see over the wheel but that appears to have been solved. I personally use a corded controller for any game like this and started using third person in a vehicle. That said, the vehicle handling isn't great and there is a clear veering to one direction so I generally look like a drunk and have pedestrians running for safety when I pass xD

I don't think it's bad, depends of the car. Honestly i prefer to drive the Arch - amazing bike and sounds. Generally speaking, driving in CDP2077 is better than Watch Dogs 1.

I think the driving with keyboard can be easily fixed if they change what the W and S keys do

right now
W - means full throttle
S - zero throttle/brake
No input - vehicle speed gradually slows down

Instead it could be
W - increase throttle by x
S - decrease throttle by x
No input - vehicle speed stays constant (according to throttle level)
SPACE zero throttle/brake

this way with W and S when can manage the speed and acceleration (especially in turns) more akin to a gamepad

Last edited:
I don't think it's bad, depends of the car. Honestly i prefer to drive the Arch - amazing bike and sounds. Generally speaking, driving in CDP2077 is better than Watch Dogs 1.
Speaking of Watch Dogs. They should take the Navigation System from Watch Dogs: Legion - navigation track projection on the road - and put it into Cyberpunk 2077. That way you could embrace/focus more on your surroundings than on the minimap.

To improve KB/M contols they could do this.

... I hope they will implement both. :)

Top Bottom