Driving Cars is too arcade

+

Do you like the driving behavior of cyberpunk 2077?

• Total voters

JagoA

Forum regular
From my experience, the cars all vary in terms of how they handle. With driving of course, controllers would always work better than keyboard to drive cars. Some cars I find easier to handle such as the coyote while something like the caliburn oversteers very easily (and has terrible brakes). I think it is OK to have some cars handle like complete dogshit and some cars are easier to handle. That being said if there are actual mechanics to the driving which is just objectively bad especially in comparison to other similar games driving then hopefully it gets improved. :shrug:

I don't mind the driving to be a bit "arcade". In fact, given the right kind of systems behind it, I'd even endorse it.

I still wish that cars handled (initially) even worse than they do and that there'd be a driving skill that governed steering, turning and braking, that'd eventually make all the cars drive "accurately" according to their designed behavior. I wouldn't even mind if there were perks that gave automatic corrections to "help" the controls at high skill levels.

Driving is constantly used feature like shooting (depending on your playstyle), so it kinda deserves a skill to govern it just like shooting.

Although to fully to fuly justify this, there should be some side missions or something with cars as now they are rather just sightseeing.

Its not forza, they didnt make racing game, they made shooter
Yea thats why there are no cars in the game, travel as such is not important, the map size is appropriate for walking, there are no quests about cars and most importantly they did not use a motorcycle company and car sound design for marketing

/s

I like how all the cars do have a different feel to them. It's fairly noticable which cars have a longer wheelbase and which have a short wheelbase, for example. Short wheelbase obviously means tighter corners, but also more skidding and drifting, so it's a matter of finding the car that suits you best in that regard

For easiest driving, I'd suggest either Claires' Beast or the Javelina. Both seem to be somewhere in the middleground for how responsive they are, how tight they turn, and how easy they get out of a skid or drift.
The Javelina is quite a bit faster, obviously, but on crashes you may end up upside down (which means you better exit quick, as cars laying upside down are guaranteed to explode, no matter how little damage they actually took).
Beast is a bit tankier and slower (still reaches around 164), but will roll back on its wheels most of the time. I only managed to get Beast stuck upside down (and explode some 15 seconds later) once.

Top Bottom