Driving Handling, or How to "get" it

+
You never asked, nor did I say that I intended to provide that information ..
I brought locks and such into discussion quite a few times.

I'll add a couple more then;
  • Vehicle weight's seem to be absolutely wild, from far too light to far too heavy
  • Braking distances are ludicrous, but I suppose that might go hand in hand with vehicle weight and brakes seemingly made of rubber :LOL:
That is not as much to do with weight per se, but wheelbase / speed / weight transfer. People playing GTA and such don't expect that to have impact.

Brakes are ridiculously effective with exception of one car I have mentioned many times, Colby C125.
  • Mini map while driving (true not a specific vehicle issue, but it adds to the frustration). The map still needs improvement. Why don't cars provide nav points while driving? Its 2077, it would be totally reasonable to give the players markers or lines on the road (or just a corners) to show where to go when needed. And it could be limited to high end cars, old clunkers can go with out.
This is interesting and I sometimes wonder why they didn't do that. I really like idea about having, not necessarily just high end cars, but cars with panel design instead of windows enabling HUD having this feature.
While you personally might not like the driving in GTA V, many do, and I like others, think it is better than the driving in CP77. And no, it not because the driving in CP77 is so realistic (it isnt) that us brainlets can't handle it. It's because it feels awful. Driving mechanics isn't something that CDPR have done before (to my knowledge), and it shows. They needed more time with it, along with many other parts of the game.
You keep saying that, but really if you can't pin it down what makes it so superior, perhaps just buy an ad like everybody else.
Not trying to be funny or rude, but no-one needs anyone's permission or acceptance to sound off or say what they want as long as it's within the rules. But thanks though?
No you don't but what you post has nothing to do with "How to get it" how to make driving better in game we have. People who suggest features and mods for PC players enabling better experience are contributing, you are basically saying that CDPR should copy driving physics from GTA. It's a valid suggestion but would work way better if you had made your own topic like "What can be learned from GTA V driving physics" and made a breakdown of that.

Last edited:
Just clarifying, before this conversation gets totally off the track:

The topic of the discussion is how to use the driving mechanics that are implemented in the game. It's not about people's opinions of the driving mechanics. Granted, expressing an opinion as part of a response to the topic is fine. Expressing an opinion instead of discussing the topic is both non-constructive and off-topic.

There are plenty of other threads where people can discuss likes and dislikes. That's not the purpose of this thread.

Modders and possibly CDPR note: Got side tracked in discussion.

I didn't recall navigation system available in side job The Beast correctly. HUD overlay map available in races has nothing to do with features of whatever car V is using, but software V gets enables overlay navigation using V's optic implant. Therefore, there's no lore reason to limit to use of such feature. Lore wise as in CP 2077, feature could be available with any drivable vehicle.

Something in general regarding Rear-Engine, Rear-Wheel-drive layouts in game such as Quartz and Porsche 911

I have been wondering a while if one thing that may cause confusion is that RE-RWD configuration has been very rarely used for quite some time in car industry. Most known and common example of this kind of layout was classic WV Beetle, other quite common in Europe was Škoda 100 series which had a reputation being a "poor man's Porsche". I give that some merit as I get to test drive one back in late 80's. Then classic Porsche 911's of course including Johnny's 911 type 930 (911 Turbo) we have in game.

Philosophy of driving these cars and get the most out of them, especially Quartz is thinking about them like throwing sledgehammer from the hammer part, handle first. While that may not sound very intuitive general idea is to use weight transfer to plant rear while cornering and taking advantage of that pointing front for tight corning radius. In game handbrake can help this a lot with timed use of throttle.

Compared to other games and cars available in them. VW Beetle was build on frame and had early version had torsion bar suspension, while in-game car Quartz appears to be unibody and has coil suspension, so it's perhaps more intuitive to think Quartz as poor mans Porsche rather than Beetle. I have found Quartz very fun to drive, but as there really aren't serially manufactured options on IRL market there may be some learning curve to cope with in-game Quartz before driving them starts to feel intuitive.

Top Bottom