Driving home (without map support)

+
G'day, folks!

One of the ways I relax when playing Cyberpunk 2077 is trying to drive home - without help. After finishing a quest in the evening, I turn off the quest markers (select one of the quests which doesn't have a location, e.g. Beat on the Brat), get in my car, and try to find my way back to Megabuilding 10.

I have gotten awesomely lost on occasion.

But I will quite happily drive around for an hour (real time) or more looking for the visual clues that will get me home. I drive up, avoid the pedestrians, and park in the garage.

Every so often, I manage to park from the "top" flyover, but I haven't achieved that reliably yet.

Just wondering if anyone else does this? :)

Cheers,
Merric

G'day, folks!

One of the ways I relax when playing Cyberpunk 2077 is trying to drive home - without help. After finishing a quest in the evening, I turn off the quest markers (select one of the quests which doesn't have a location, e.g. Beat on the Brat), get in my car, and try to find my way back to Megabuilding 10.

But I will quite happily drive around for an hour (real time) or more looking for the visual clues that will get me home. I drive up, avoid the pedestrians, and park in the garage.

Every so often, I manage to park from the "top" flyover, but I haven't achieved that reliably yet.

Cheers,
Merric
Manage to find my way home from every neighborhood in the city by now without a guide. Only, to find all gigs still need the nav. Should use the main waterway as the main landmark, and also that 4 line quay next it.

R001c

Forum regular
Its good to know I'm not the only person who goes home. I also use the flyover. What Self respecting merc uses the front door? Am starting to not need the map but still get lost. Would be nice if you could turn it off. (mental picture of programmers choking on their coffee)
I come home to sleep, sort my inventory, mod weapons and craft. Oh, and feed the cat of course. I actually forgot you could fast travel in this game..
It would be nice if the home had more functionality akin to fallout 4 style crafting stations. A sleep mechanic too but I get that some people aren't as mad as me when it comes to gaming. That said, Night City is a pleasure to drive around and going home in the early hours of the morning, after a busy nights work, will give you more gaming hours out of this game as well as giving you more of the city.

Its good to know I'm not the only person who goes home. I also use the flyover. What Self respecting merc uses the front door? Am starting to not need the map but still get lost. Would be nice if you could turn it off. (mental picture of programmers choking on their coffee)
Well you can turn the mini-map off, in the Interface options.

This will be my goal at some point. I never find anything, except Afterlife and Judy's place, it's just knowing that upper curve road and turn on the right - easy! Also easier to navigate outside the city centre, e.g. North Oaks, Badlands. But every time I want to get to V's apartment - end up at H8. Pretty sure haven't visited some of the places at all.

G'day, folks!

Cheers,
Merric

Its something I like to do in other games (red dead 2 in particular, where I turn off the UI and minimap), but driving in CP2077 is still not very enjoyable to do it at a leisure.

I really enjoy driving in Night City. The cars are so great and the City looks good from many angles. For long distances I sometimes use fast travel because otherwise I always find something else to do on the way ;) But never tried to get along without the map - yet. I wish there were more reasons to go home, such as some kind of sleep mechanics, someone waiting for you with a message, reading mail accessible only there, gang members waiting for you in the flat. But even without it, V's flat is a great place to rest, take a shower, watch some TV and just look out of the window.

I tend to do this kind of thing a lot in these types of games. Granted I've only played 2077 once and a quarter, so I've done it far more in GTA and the like, but I do find traveling the map more enjoyable than just fast traveling everywhere.

I really enjoy driving in Night City. The cars are so great and the City looks good from many angles. For long distances I sometimes use fast travel because otherwise I always find something else to do on the way ;) But never tried to get along without the map - yet. I wish there were more reasons to go home, such as some kind of sleep mechanics, someone waiting for you with a message, reading mail accessible only there, gang members waiting for you in the flat. But even without it, V's flat is a great place to rest, take a shower, watch some TV and just look out of the window.
I maintain a regular sleep cycle with V, even though I don't have to. And I want to see what Nibbles has done since I was away. (I hope his role expands with expansions ;))

Meanwhile, I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time and I've found myself tremendously frustrated that Aloy can't sleep!

Cheers,
Merric

Sometimes depending on which road I am on, I find it difficult enough to find my way home even with the nav :ROFLMAO:
[Speaking from my experience before patch 1].
Although the idea of trying to find my way home without the nav does seem appealing to me, I totally get it.
I'm the type of person who has NEVER used fast travel before, not even just to figure out how it works. And I don't plan on using it either, I love driving around everywhere.
(Some people walk instead of driving, I do find that a bit excessive though. But I mean, that's probably just because I refuse to exploit V's inhumane stamina when it comes to excessive sprinting. The only long-distance travel options for me are WALK, or drive).

On an unrelated side-note, every time I head back to my apartment, I close the blinds, strip off my clothes, use the toilet, take a shower, check the mirror, go to bed, wake up, open the blinds, and put on new clothes (whatever has the most armour) before going out (I haven't got the cat yet).

Good start is to use your garage and it's upper levels, it's connected to main highways goin above districts.
photomode_25112021_203858.png

Left: connection to City Centre, Right: Pacifica, Japantown

photomode_25112021_203939.png

You will get here if you will take left, city centre in background you can move to Watson too if you want..
photomode_25112021_204041.png

Right you go "through" Med Center, there's connection to highway, left connection you go City Centre, Pacifica, Coronado, right: Japantown
photomode_25112021_204159.png

photomode_25112021_204331.png

Its fast way to move around city, if you like to RP sleeping etc. no fast travel
You can always go back, enterance to your garage is marked:
photomode_25112021_204133.png

Post automatically merged:

Also if you look for V's place and youre lost just look up, and look for big building with "10" and just move in that direction.

Attachments

• photomode_25112021_204159.png
    photomode_25112021_204159.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 55
  • photomode_25112021_204041.png
    photomode_25112021_204041.png
    3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I already have a clear idea of the points of interest in the city. Too many hours in the game, I think.

Top Bottom