Driving in Cyberpunk!

+
I just want to say: GTA5 has both TPP and FPP. Driving a GTA5 car in TPP is ok, but driving it in FPP with PC keyboard on/off controls is pure hell.

The only real problem (albeit a pretty big one) that I noticed was that the characters eyes were way too low. It felt like controlling a midget behind the wheel which made observing the road and traffic cumbersome.

And as mentioned by sinister.sinner, riding a bike in FPP was pretty good and fluid.

The only real problem (albeit a pretty big one) that I noticed was that the characters eyes were way too low. It felt like controlling a midget behind the wheel which made observing the road and traffic cumbersome.
Good point !
Real life I'm fairly tall (6' 2"/188cm) and VERY much use to viewing the world from that perspective. In a crowd I can generally see over people's heads, when driving I usually have better situational awareness because I can see over stuff that would block most people's view.

Good point !
Real life I'm fairly tall (6' 2"/188cm) and VERY much use to viewing the world from that perspective. In a crowd I can generally see over people's heads, when driving I usually have better situational awareness because I can see over stuff that would block most people's view.

Yeah. I’m only 175cm (5’7”?), but still, I’ve never driven a car where the steering wheel and the dashboard block my view to the road so badly I need to start stretching my neck to take a peek from behind them.

I've seen the last demo: the 1st person BIKE driving felt very unrealistic ... and not only to mee :( but i'm pretty sure it will be fixed before release !

I thought in the very limited seconds we got to see that 1st person on the bike looked great :shrug:I ride almost every day and when V started to corner i was impressed .

I thought in the very limited seconds we got to see that 1st person on the bike looked great :shrug:I ride almost every day and when V started to corner i was impressed .

Don't forget that CDPR has a tendency to demo on consoles, right? My complaints and warnings about driving in first person refer SPECIFICALLY PC keyboard, which is digital input as opposed to analog console controller. Analog controller is worlds apart in terms of fine adjustment while driving.

Driving car in GTA5 in first person and keyboard is like: Car drives straight - car turns 45 degrees to the left - car drives straight - car turs 45 degrees to the right - etc.

Using cars in the game to traverse the city seems like a pretty good idea to me, no way will they put something simple into it since it's a little simulation esc and in my opinion they might add something similar to GTAV style points for driving/racing skills, or something more profound, either way traveling in the car or on a bike will be super cool, seeing different zones of the city almost like "biomes," and looking at all the aesthetic billboards and holo-ads above the towering buildings, stuff like that will be super cool when driving around Night City and I can't wait to experience that for myself.

Now that we had a few more information on driving with the last Q&A session... I'm very curious how the gameplay will be, because I don't use to like driving in VG (especially I don't like riding bikes except in Sleeping Dogs), but I hope that this game will make me love driving and even wanna make the racing part.
Post automatically merged:

Just hoping the allow us to use melee while we are still in vichles. Kind of like the clown battle in akira.

Or Road Rash... OMG that would be cool :p Let's just hope that there would be some highway loops in the city for infinite ride, lol

Driving car in GTA5 in first person and keyboard is like: Car drives straight - car turns 45 degrees to the left - car drives straight - car turs 45 degrees to the right - etc.
Not that I have much experience with the game mechanics of driving (I avoid any/all games where that's a primary activity) but I've yet to see a game where the mouse & keyboard mechanics didn't feel horrible, tho I'm sure on a controller they worked just fine.

Last edited:
Not that I have much experience with the game mechanics of driving (I avoid and/all games where that's a primary activity) but I've yet to see a game where the mouse & keyboard mechanics didn't feel horrible, tho I'm sure on a controller they worked just fine.
GTA5 driving works fine with M&K. So does Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row 3.

I think something really close to Forza Horizon would be a great middle way.
But I think it will be more like in Batman Arkham Knight or Mad Max, which is okay, just...lacking the feel.

Guest 4211861

Can we make them drive themselves? I hate driving, also IRL.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some kind of auto drive. We know the cars will come when summoned just like Roach did.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some kind of auto drive. We know the cars will come when summoned just like Roach did.
given that will be a quick travel in game i doubt it. was already stated that during quick travel will be really only time see loading screen

Sorry to necro this thread, but driving still seems way too arcadey from the new gameplay in Night City Wire. It feels like GTA 5 driving, with the cars having no "weight" and you can make turns at full speed.

I was hoping for a more realistic model, where the cars actually feel heavy and you have to manage your speed, but I guess it's too late for that now. Oh well.

Sorry to necro this thread, but driving still seems way too arcadey from the new gameplay in Night City Wire. It feels like GTA 5 driving, with the cars having no "weight" and you can make turns at full speed.

I was hoping for a more realistic model, where the cars actually feel heavy and you have to manage your speed, but I guess it's too late for that now. Oh well.
I heard that there is like, three modes for driving. So I guess whatever they go with is what they go with. Honestly, I'm perfectly fine is the driving is like GTA, but a bit more weight to the cars would be nice.

Don't worry guys, if the game becomes moddable, I'll take my time and release an overhaul for realistic car configurations. ;)

The driving physics were... strange. The footage with Quadra looked bad, that car was moving very badly. But the pickup or whatever was V driving in Badlands looked very solid.
Also yesterday I've listened to some video with Alanah Pearce and three other people who played the game and apparently CDPR is working on driving physics similar to Forza games but they weren't able to finish them for the preview.

The driving doesn't look that bad imo and people need to keep in mind maybe players weren't great at the controls. I was relieved to hear the devs are experimenting with different driving models and apparently one of them is more simulator style, and meant to be like Forza Horizon.

Top Bottom