Driving in Cyberpunk ....

+
The tire screeches when you're breaking is ridiculous. Your tires don't squeal to a halt when you're doing 2 mph. Silly as all hell.

The tire screeches when you're breaking is ridiculous. Your tires don't squeal to a halt when you're doing 2 mph. Silly as all hell.
It's a new complex game, they got the physics right with driving.
Tuning brakes sounds to low speeds is probably not high on the fix list.
There are bugs in every software, did you ever hear of a bug free version of windows?
The game release was postponed several times, it's better to have the game released with minor bugs then to wait longer for release of a more polished version.

I need a little help.

To explain: I have a physical disability and therefore play with a special combination of vjoy and joytokey. I use it to map WASD to the x and y mouse axes.

The problem is driving a car. Because I have WASD on the mouse axes, the camera naturally moves too.

My question: Is there a way to lock the camera behind the car while driving?

They should include AI in the car to help drive the same way their horses do in their other game.

Last edited:
Hello Guys/Gals & the people in CD Projekt Red

So far, I'm loving the experience I have with cyberpunk 2077 on the PC, and where I'm glad you guys are fixing a lot of bugs that are in the game, In which I think is great. However, when playing the game something that did come to mind while I was playing the game and that is driving.

In my experience when it comes to driving in the game it is sadly one of my least favorites in the game. However, I understand why the best part of the driving game is to look around Night City as seeing the beautiful details you guys made this game. While you guys are doing the patching for this game and I want to be just a suggestion traveling through the city. The major one is that can you please tune-up when it comes to driving the vehicles around the city. The reason in my experience with driving especially with the cars in the game is very choppy. I believe it should be tune-up at least in the next couple of patches to make the driving at least smoother.

For example, when I drive the car, I feel like I don't have any control when it comes to driving the car. the movement of the car kind of goes all over the place and causing crashes. Comparing, to when I ride the motorcycle is not as bad where I'm not crashing all over the place and causing accidents compared to driving most of the cars in the game. While driving the motorcycles are not as bad as driving the car. I do feel like driving in the game should be tuned up and be smoother.
By far the biggest problem I've had with the driving is the fact that the minimap doesn't zoom out as you accelerate. As a result, corners jump up on you like ultra sneaky ninjas giving you no time to slow down to an appropriate speed for the corner that's coming up like you would if you were using a Sat-Nav IRL

I don't mind the driving at all, feels heavy, reminds me of GTA IV.

Only minor annoyance at some of the driving sound effects being a bit much, like the brakes seem to lock the wheels all the time, but otherwise it's pretty good.

It's a new complex game, they got the physics right with driving.
Tuning brakes sounds to low speeds is probably not high on the fix list.
There are bugs in every software, did you ever hear of a bug free version of windows?
The game release was postponed several times, it's better to have the game released with minor bugs then to wait longer for release of a more polished version.
Uh huh. Still sucks.

In real life most cars can't make 90 degree city street turns at 60KM/H either.
GT3 cars can barely do that at such a speed.

The only real problem I have is the Caliburn's brakes are so weak.

Fix it so that we don't feel like we're driving around on ice the entire time. Nearly every vehicle drives around and handles horribly because of whatever the issue is here.

The only thng that needs fixing with cars is give them some breaks, the breaking is so bad its what is making the handling look bad. To the devs if you want to see the best driving in games look at mafia 3 its unreal and yes it puts gta5 to shame, OH NO lol.

I only use the Black Rayfield (free) & AKIRA motorcycle Kusanagi CT-3X... I think?

The only near enjoyable way to drive (still needs work), but that Motorcycle with a PS4 controller & sensitivity changes is VERY responsive = just need that feeling across the board.

If you haven't grabbed this motorcycle = give it a try (it's cheap).

Happy Holidays All ;)
Post automatically merged:

I only use the Black Rayfield (free) & AKIRA motorcycle (can't recall name).

The only near enjoyable way to drive (still needs work), but that Motorcycle with a PS4 controller & sensitivity changes is VERY responsive = just need that feeling across the board.

If you haven't grabbed this motorcycle = give it a try (it's cheap). It's deeply unfortunate that we all have to life hack many aspects of this game currently, but hopefully these suggestions help some.

Happy Holidays All ;)

Last edited:
It could be nice to make the minimap zooming out accordingly to our speed in order to see where the next turn will go, too many times I've been surprised by last second curve on the road at high speed.
Handling is not awful but not ideal either (I'm speaking only for motorbikes, I don't really like how cars react to inputs in CP). I remember playing Sleeping Dogs and bikes were a real pain in the *ss to drive (but the combat system is so cool so it's forgiven). When I compared both, CP is acceptable for bike controls, not the best but it does the job decently (could be better for sure, I would love to make those sliding moves like Kaneda in Akira :love: )

...and maybe Integrated flashlight in our optics could be nice too but I guess this is not the right topic to talk about that.

Last edited:
I Play the v1.06, okay i allways hate all kind of car games, but the control of the car ist total crap i crash in all, can you made a Autopilot for this so i must not drive was the best, you can made a game without cardriving crap will be better.

Please Fix this real bad car handling, im a PC oldshool player !NO! Gamepad or Joystick. Keyboard and Mouse, but it is so unplayable.

greets

I can very much recommend a controller for driving, as it has analog throttle and brakes, in case you where not aware that you can use both input methods at the same time.

I second this. I play the game with keyboard and mouse except driving, which is soooooooooo much better, even enjoyable, with a controller.

Top Bottom