Driving on PC

+
I've heard that you can aim your gun whenever you want while driving (car shooting section would not be scripted, essentially) so, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be keyboard steering.
I don't think it's that bad though, mouse steering, while being more precise, have other issued (like, not being able to look around you, as mentioned earlier in this topic).
I mean, let's face it, keyboard are not optimized for steering and I don't think there's any magical solution that can fix that problem.

For me, driving using just the keyboard ends up looking like I'm playing bumper cars, or Austin Powers getting that car stuck sideways in a tunnel.

Is there any way to get the mouse involved in steering at the very least? Because I've started walking everywhere in Night City rather than use a herky-jerky car.

Although I understand why people want mouse steering, I don't think this is happening, or should happen.

CDPR is not a powerhouse when it comes to gameplay mechanics. Scrunching up driving, shooting, stealth etc. into one game was already extremely ambitious, and resulted in multiple delays and a buggy launch. I really don't think they can add mouse steering to their plate. Even if they do that'd be a very low priority coming perhaps after a year.

Also in an RPG and not a racing simulator I enjoy being able to look around freely while driving.

That being said, current keyboard handling of the car is too sensitive IMO. There should be some kind of slider to decide how sensitive keyboard inputs are.

I've only driven the archer so far, but funny thing I noticed was that if you hold the brake and accelerate, the front wheels start spinning. holding handbrake will make all the wheels stop. I assume it's a fwd car so just really weird. Lastly not sure if its just me, but when driving "fast" and going into third person, if you look at your wheels spinning, they seem to be spinning in super slow motion as if they were moving 1-5mph. Hope they can work on driving more.

In one of the trailers, they noted that the vehicles would be unique in terms of driving, and I thought that was quite novel for a game of this scope--after all, it's not a driving game. So far, the only sense of difference I get is the degree to which they oversteer. Driving is really unpleasant and I get the sense they either went for something they thought was unique, they haven't ironed out, or that they haven't driven in a GTA-type game before. There's no need to reinvent the wheel!

I tried driving with M&K, now I walk everywhere.

It’s nearly impossible in the FPP view and needs a bit of getting used to in 3rd too, but mostly it’s due to how the cars (at least the first one) behaves. I got it working passably with some practice.

It’s kind of a sore spot there, that
1. There’s no skill to govern vehicle handling.
2. You can whistle it to you like it’s a dog, but you can’t put it on autopilot.
3. You can’t choose who drives it if you have a companion with you.

At this point, I've given up on trying to follow traffic laws, and just run into things/other people without a care in the world. If I can't take the vehicle controls seriously, **** it, I'll just drive like a maniac!

Also the lack of rearview mirrors made it impossible for me to actually drive in first person view, so I gave up on that idea really quickly.

I'm thinking I'll be walking a lot given how ridiculous and immersion breaking the driving has been thus far. I can't even corner on an empty dirt road without going into the ditch, much less avoid collateral damage in NC.

Driving? What driving? Who does that? Can you drive in this game, because I fkin can't. The fps dips like crazy once I put my ass in a car, and I'm trying to play on 1920x1080, not trying anything fancy. Tweaked the crap out of it, nada, a mess. Cyberpunk 2077 makes GTA 5 and RDR2 look like proper Next Gen games. Sad.

For a game that is so much about driving, it should support steering wheels and controllers. Driving with a keyboard is terrible. I want to use my G27 steering wheel. I'm sure they will patch it in. The game looks great otherwise :)

Driving in this game feels like V is on weed and can't properly control the car. Disapointed with CDProjekt red but I suppose their development team do look like limp-wristed console users so we should have seen this coming.

That's when I love to have my trusty old X360 controller connected to my PC, I use controller for driving, and KB+M combo for everything else, still I feel the cars could benefit from a better handling, and I wish my mouse would be a little more precision, in all other games, its fine, in this game, its like something is slowing its movements.

Best way to drive for me is first person rhough with raytracing on the roads do get overly bright which I hope they fix

Steering mouse is in arma3 and works very well. Hope that also is in Cyberpunk in future. As joystick axis assignation. For people that like to drive in the first person view, I think is very important to have this one.

Top Bottom