Driving vehicles with Xbox controller on PC - changed in 1.6?

+
The left stick on the controller now controls the acceleration/braking of vehicles as well as steering (ie acts as forward/reverse action, like when walking). I say now... I've only noticed it since 1.6. Controller used to be much easier to drive with, now I'm bouncing all over the place.

Is this new and as-intended? Happens with the controller connected USB or bluetooth. The dead-zone sensitivities in the settings are the defaults as-before.

The left stick on the controller now controls the acceleration/braking of vehicles as well as steering (ie acts as forward/reverse action, like when walking). I say now... I've only noticed it since 1.6. Controller used to be much easier to drive with, now I'm bouncing all over the place.

Is this new and as-intended? Happens with the controller connected USB or bluetooth. The dead-zone sensitivities in the settings are the defaults as-before.
HA! It's Steam in the background interfering. Don't remember it doing that before. I think the 'Xbox Configuration Support' option in the Steam controller settings lets it hijack the controller inputs and remap them to keyboard actions before CP2077 gets them. Weird.

Deselecting that option (or closing Steam app) fixes it. Phew. Nothing to do with 1.6, just coincidence.

HA! It's Steam in the background interfering. Don't remember it doing that before. I think the 'Xbox Configuration Support' option in the Steam controller settings lets it hijack the controller inputs and remap them to keyboard actions before CP2077 gets them. Weird.

Deselecting that option (or closing Steam app) fixes it. Phew. Nothing to do with 1.6, just coincidence.

Yeah, this kind of thing took a bite out of me with #$#@**&% windows automatically by default turning on the game bar in a "forced" win 10 update. That made my game crash on boot up with the previous CP2077 game update making me think it was the game update.

There is a reason Micro Soft exempts BUSNESS accounts from forced updates. They let all the gamers and home WIN user get all the bugs first before sending it off to a business that might decided win is not actually worth the lost revenue from such issues.

No exaggeration: the Morton Salt company (very very big American chemical company) back in win 3 era refused to update their PC Win OS in the company to the newest windows until win xp came along for just such reasons.

Top Bottom