DRK3's Thread (Farewell)

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
Hello everyone.
This thread's glorious purpose is to properly introduce myself and share some things about me as a Gwent player.

This will act as my "Gwent CV" - i will share here some stats, achievments and history. But to use gaming jargon, this will also be a HUB, where you will find links to all my content.

WHO AM I?

I'm DRK3. Male, 31 year old (at the time of writing). Born and living in Portugal (but my content is all in English).
If you're a regular here, its likely you already know me. I am a Veteran of the Gwent Official Forums (hey, not my words, that's the title given to my profile based on experience) and i have recently been accepted as a Gwent Official Partner.

Unlike most partners, i am not a video content creator, all my content is in the written form. Even more unusual for a partner, i dont have any social media, i am not part of a Gwent team nor do i have a website. So ALL of my content is shared on these forums, to "follow" me all you need to do is to come to this thread and check the guides and articles which i regularly post and update.

STORY:

My first contact with the Witcher Universe was in 2010, when i got a gaming PC - a crappy one, the same i still have, it cant even run The Witcher 2 (which i've never played :cry:) but fortunately it can run Gwent - and one of my first games i bought for it was the Witcher 1, and at the same time i started buying the Witcher books.
When the Witcher 3 was released i was dying to play it, so i bought a PS4 with it, and its my favourite videogame of the past 15 years.
So yes, sorry to break some hearts, but im a filthy peasant console player, not PC Master Race... I consider myself an hardcore gamer - i play hundreds of games on consoles, but on PC, only Gwent (no other CCG experience).
Anyway, like many others, i loved the Gwent in TW3, and when it was announced it was gonna turn into its own game, i was overjoyed and was one of the first to sign-up for the closed beta...

WHO AM I AS A GWENT PLAYER?

I have been playing Gwent since October 2016, on the same week the closed beta started. Ive been an active player since, with only a 6-month break before Gwent Homecoming (official launch out of betas) was released.
- At the moment of writing, i clock +3300h of playtime, of which 1000 were during the closed + open beta.
- I am a max level player (Prestige 10, Level 60).
- Have a full card collection - which isnt unusual for beta veterans.
-Have completed the Mastery Contracts (100 wins) for all 42 Leader Abilities.
- I have completed every Journey to Lv100, Ciri's Journey to 175 (the only one i bought the extended pass - look at my avatar, i love Ciri!)

Despite my experience, i am not a competitive player. I stay away from the meta, my main focus on Gwent is original deckbuilding and im a self-procclaimed 'meme card lover'. Im also a big fan of a lot of seasonal modes.

WHAT TYPE OF CONTENT DO I CREATE?

I already said i write my Gwent content. That includes deckguides, deckbuilding and general strategy guides, seasonal mode guides, articles, expansion previews and theorycrafting, reviews, discussion pieces and more.

Gwent Forum CV.jpg

This is a collage of some of my threads i made with my "mad" MS Paint editing skills, and that i used on my application for Partner. Since it took so much work, i will re-use it now by displaying it here too! :shrug:

CONTENT:

I will now post several links to my threads that still hold some relevance (since a lot of content gets obsolete with game changes).

Note you can find ALL the threads by a forum user by the following method:
1. Go to the profile of the user, by clicking on its name twice
2. Click on the button on the right that says 'Find' with a drop-down arrow
3. Select 'Find all threads by USER'

DECK OF THE DAY
My latest project, that i've been supporting since May of this year, where i (try to) post a new deck every single day.

MISC GUIDES
This is where i shared most of my longform guides, like seasonal guides or archetype guides, but also more random stuff.

THEME & MEME DECKS
The ancestor of 'deck of the day', but with a total focus on 'outside the box' decks. At this time i didnt post decklists, just a short description of the strategy and some screenshot results (a picture is worth a 1000 words right?)

GWENT CONTENT CREATORS
You can use this thread to discuss and talk about your favourite (or not so favourite) creators.

KEG RARITY DROPRATE ANALYSIS
I did this statistical work for the MM expansion (with the collaboration of many users, who provided their data), launched about a year ago, but the keg droprates have never changed as far as i know.

GWENT THROUGH THE YEARS
Where i play the historian and document each stage Gwent has gone through.

PRICE OF POWER REVIEW
A multipart review of the PoP expansion, approaching many of its aspects and components.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can add me on GOG if you wish, but please send a PM message through the forum before, since i reject random requests.

Hope this thread helps with getting to know me and my content, and if you somehow managed to read everything, i commend you! :howdy:

Last edited:
Congratulations, again, and thanks for posting! This is nice information, which I hope players will appreciate!

One minor nitpick, though:
When the Witcher 3 was released i was dying to play it, so i bought a PS4 with it, and its my favourite videogame of the past 15 years.
As much as I would love this to be true, The Witcher III has only been out for six years (released May 19th, 2015), so you may want to adjust that statement just a wee bit, to clarify. (Ay, I realise it may seem like it's been 15 years since we had a new Witcher game. . . . Heh.)

Apart from that, all the best of luck on the Path, Royal Envoy!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Congratulations, again, and thanks for posting! This is nice information, which I hope players will appreciate!

One minor nitpick, though:

As much as I would love this to be true, The Witcher III has only been out for six years (released May 19th, 2015), so you may want to adjust that statement just a wee bit, to clarify. (Ay, I realise it may seem like it's been 15 years since we had a new Witcher game. . . . Heh.)

Apart from that, all the best of luck on the Path, Royal Envoy!

Thank you again.

Regarding the Witcher III's statement, you're right in the sense i need to clarify it, since i believe you misunderstood what i was trying to say, so others might do the same.

I did state TW3 is my favourite videogame "OF the past 15 years", not "FOR the past 15 years", since it only came out in 2015.
I was trying to avoid the fact that Geralt's last adventure is not my favourite of all time (now that the cat is out the bag, the only ones ahead for me are Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts 2, i'm a sucker for JRPGs, even more than western RPGs).

Still, in these past 15 years (2006-2021) i must've played close to 1000 games (EDIT- on second thought, that number is too high, maybe 500 games), its no mean feat TW3 is on top of that.

Regarding the Witcher III's statement, you're right in the sense i need to clarify it, since i believe you misunderstood what i was trying to say, so others might do the same.
Precisely. 'Of' and 'for' can cause confusion.

However, that's enough from me. And now, back to Gwent.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, I read the entire post, so I will take the commendation from you :p

Really well written and a very interesting read. I knew You are really a pleasant amicable person with our games and interactions in GoG, and to get to know a friend better is always a good experience.

Congratulations once again for this amazing achievement. I am 100% sure that you are the first ever Gwent Partner who achieved that status purely from contributions in the Forum. How I can be sure? I have been active in this forum for close to 3 years (I think) and very few people stay this long and if someone else had achieved it, we might already know.

I hope you get more time to play with friends from forum and hoping to catch up with you in the battlefield from the opposite side!

DRK3

Forum veteran
@rrc Thank you my friend, and for you, i will always have time to play or talk some Gwent, you just have to hit me up.

@pinoko Thank you. As you may suspect, this thread was inspired by your actions - when you contacted me, asking if i had any links where people could follow me, so you could insert them on the Official Partner list thread, that's when i thought i should do something like this! And i meant to send you the link as soon as i finished, but i forgot, my bad :shrug:

And thank you for the suggestion on the signature, i will explore possibilities :smart:

Hey just wanted to say congratulations DRK. You've always been a really reasonable guy who puts a ton of effort into his posts. I'm glad you're getting official recognition!

I don't really post on here anymore because i started playing Legends of Runeterra instead, but i did feel like these forums were the most welcoming place to discuss Gwent, and you were a big part of that. You're a real OG Beta Gwent player.

Congratulations, your contributions to the forums, and by extension the game, have been great. I'm glad it's being recognized and now you have a new and rare cardback, too! I've really enjoyed all the threads and posts you've made.

I think I remember Burza on a recent TWIG mentioning that they were planning to rework the partner system soon. I don't know much about it anyway, but I hope you get some fancy perks. The glory is probably enough, though :)

Oh, and it's interesting to hear that you've secretly been a console person this whole time, and play Gwent on an old PC - well done for keeping it running and useful for 11 years now! Also I'm impressed to read that you're not a native speaker, your English has been so flawless that I'd never have guessed.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Oh, and it's interesting to hear that you've secretly been a console person this whole time, and play Gwent on an old PC - well done for keeping it running and useful for 11 years now! Also I'm impressed to read that you're not a native speaker, your English has been so flawless that I'd never have guessed.
True, i know a lot of Gwent players only play Gwent exclusively, others play CCGs exclusively, but ive been playing videogames for the past 25 years and i wouldnt give them up, not even for Gwent. Might as well share my PSN profile, if anyone wants to see most of the games i played on the past 10 years (there's a few more on Steam and Nintendo portable consoles)

Regarding my English skills, its something i've been honing for a long time, started by playing videogames in a time where there was no language selection, then watching movies and tv shows, then i started reading in english but also writing as an hobby, and finally i've done some sidejobs as an editor and translator, to help out a family member. So yes, by now i would hope i can pass by as a native speaker easily :cool:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Since CDPR/ Gwent's dev team isnt a fan of roadmaps and talking about what they have planned for the future, i will do it for them...
Welll, not for them, but for myself - what I have planned in terms of content creation for the future.

1. I plan to diversify my content. It will still be ALL written content though, with the occasional images / screenshots. And it will keep being shared on these forums.

2. 'Deck of the Day' is still my main project, and it makes sense to keep supporting it, specially during these times, where we are getting new cards every 2 months, with plenty of potential for new experimentations. But if we ever go back to 4-6 months without new content, i may put the thread in 'slowburn mode'.

3. The reason why i want to write new stuff is because i've noticed that i've got a small "fanbase" of users of the 'Deck of the Day' thread, who i greatly appreciate their support, but a lot of other users arent interested in, and by now they've probably learned to ignore it whenever it gets updated.
I totally understand and accept that, and im not working to be more popular, but i feel like i can do new content that will entertain and/or help a bigger base of players.
That's a new goal for me: i will do my best to give to the Gwent community something entirely new, something they didnt even know it was missing until it was done! :oops:

4. I have been thinking of the options for these new articles since the middle of last month, some are more ambitious, some less, some might be controversial or too aggressive, but they all have an honourable purpose. I will create new threads for most of them, and add the noteworthy ones to this HUB thread, to hep accessibility.

Please share your opinions on these plans, or suggestions you may have, now's the time for them while i still dont have something solidified in what exactly im gonna do.

4. I have been thinking of the options for these new articles since the middle of last month, some are more ambitious, some less, some might be controversial or too aggressive, but they all have an honourable purpose. I will create new threads for most of them, and add the noteworthy ones to this HUB thread, to hep accessibility.

Please share your opinions on these plans, or suggestions you may have, now's the time for them while i still dont have something solidified in what exactly im gonna do.
Some of my thoughts:

New archetypes / cards / mechanics you'd like to see.

"Fix this card": A thread about underplayed cards and what you'd do to bring them back to life. Could also include cards that don't fit their tags.
Post automatically merged:

Could also maybe do something with breaking down each archetype / sub-archetype. Talking about how they work in general, their pros/cons, key cards, match-ups, etc. Feel that could help new players better understand what they might want to start with based on playstyle and interests or invest resources into.

Last edited:
bump just in case you didn't see the response, or in case others have thoughts they might want to share.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@jed9653 I sincerely apologize for not replying to you before. I did see your post when you made it, and it should have obtained an immediate reply, but im afraid i ended up delaying it and forgetting it, so i shall do it now:

- New mechanics or cards - in the past, i did enjoy more this type of creative content, and also participated in it. However, i became jaded after seeing so many great suggestions and even card art being ignored and never added to the game. Maybe im just misinformed, but i dont know of any case where the dev team acknowledged a good suggestion and implemented it, please someone correct me if im wrong.

- "fix this card" - this is a type of thread i already made in the past. And i've seen other users doing them too, with even more detail and effort than my own attempt. And again - they go mostly ignored, which is very disappointing, at least to me.
I might do it eventually, but if i did, it wouldnt be a complete analysis of all archetypes, instead i would focus on 1 or 2 of the archetypes i really love and would like to see a revamp.

- an archetype/ faction analysis is interesting, but when you suggested that to me i already knew @quintivarium was making a massive project, which likely would include something along those lines, so i leave that to him, with the offer of my collaboration if requested.

Coincidentally, i just posted one of those new contents i was planning and mentioned last week, just a few minutes before (or perhaps after) your latest post. Its my PoP Review (1st part done, many more are still work in progress :oops:)

DRK3

Forum veteran
Original post updated with links to recently created (and finished) threads.

Now starting work on a very, very large article for Gwent with an unusual format, hopefully i'll be able to publish it here before the month ends.

Top Bottom