Drowner's Happy Meal

+
Drowner's Happy Meal

Definitely not going to end well...

Drowner, a monster from The Witcher and Lefou, moi Nilffy bard for the witcher fanfic. I don't know, this immage just came out of nowhere when I was sentimentally eating sushi. ._.a

Anyway I kinda like Drowners more than Nekkers, from the river back quest in TW1 act 4 one. xD

Forum veteran
Looks like someone's about to be in need of a new "Nilffy bard" :)

Also, quit posting so many awesome things. I'm running out of +1s! This is definitely my favorite.

Anathemic said:
Just wondering, what character or description did you base your Nilfgaardian bard from?

Myself aye.. it's pretty embarrassing (.///.)
Basically I used to play Bard alot (or still does) on DnD3.5 and Pathfinder. xD

Anyway,

Okay just wondering, because Nilfgaardians (from games and book) always struck me as French-Germanish lol

RageGT

Forum veteran
Well, for a moment I thought she was seeing her reflection in the water! Better this way I guess?

And yes, your art is awesome!

Calling her a Mary Sue is a bit harsh, it usually implies ~perfect flawless princess~ type of character, not just a character based on the creator.

This is an amazing picture. I love the lighting!

@Anathemic I was wondering about that, too. x_x\ Sadly my face is nothing like Roman people so it had have to end with, her father married a 'diplomatic solution'.

Anyway thank you guys xD

I just created her to counter the Mary Sue I read on some other weecharrrr fanfics. Like wow... how could Geralt be brought down by one spell from a super beautiful lady without him even noticing when she cast that and having all the awesome male characters falling in love with her including Dandelion... (._ . a)... Like if those characters need those much ability to survive the witcher world, I'll try to do so with only a single average-looking liar... Not sure if it's working out though.

Dona said:
Calling her a Mary Sue is a bit harsh, it usually implies ~perfect flawless princess~ type of character, not just a character based on the creator.
It wasn't intended as an insult, our definitions might just differ. Or would you call Wesley Crusher a perfecly flawless character, being the Mary Sue of Gene Roddenberry? Nah, nobody likes the guy, at least I know nobody who does. But maybe times have changed and the phrase is being used differently than I am used to. Again, no insult, no harshness, just praise intended and I'd be mortified if I ignorantly did say something hurtful. :eek:

DelightfulMcCoy said:
It wasn't intended as an insult, our definitions might just differ.

I know you didn't mean any harm :] Just thought I'd explain what 'Mary Sue' (and 'Gary Stue', for that matter) commonly means in a fandom. More often than not it's meant to be an insult, you can never be too careful : x

Dona said:
I know you didn't mean any harm :] Just thought I'd explain what 'Mary Sue' (and 'Gary Stue', for that matter) commonly means in a fandom. More often than not it's meant to be an insult, you can never be too careful : x
Well, Wesley Crusher will always be a 'Mary Sue' to me, and I didn't think my comment had any potential to be taken as an underhanded comment, but as a spontaneous, but positive reaction to what yuikami had said. I just needed to say that I didn't think I needed to be lectured for that and now I'm chill as well. :p

Top Bottom