Drummond Villager bug?

+
When playing this card next to a "veil" unit, you can apparently still trigger the bleeding effect on an opposing unit. This is weird, as the condition before the "then" word isn't being met. In pretty much all card games, that means you won't be able to get the effect to work. By this logic, you should be able to play it alone on a row and it should also trigger its effect, given the exact same thing has happened.

If this is intended, perhaps you should change it as this is a pretty silly and easily exploitable interaction (quite like Madame Luiza before). It also makes little sense. I thought the "veil" unit was supposed to be elusive or receive special treatment. Now it's just "immune" to bleeding. Makes a lot more sense to just not make them able to be targeted by abilities that give a status.

The game recognizes the Villager as attempting to bleed the Veiled unit, thus it allows the bleeding of the enemy unit.

Veiled units are not immuned to being targeted, they just will not be able to received the status being targeted with. You can target a Veiled unit all day with bleeding, poison, shields, rupture, vitality, etc, but the game will register it as null.

Try and put the Villager down on an empty board and it will not proc the bleeding effects because you are not targeting a unit first.

If veil read "cannot be targeted" then it would be a bug. Otherwise the card is working properly.

The game recognizes the Villager as attempting to bleed the Veiled unit, thus it allows the bleeding of the enemy unit.

Veiled units are not immuned to being targeted, they just will not be able to received the status being targeted with. You can target a Veiled unit all day with bleeding, poison, shields, rupture, vitality, etc, but the game will register it as null.

Try and put the Villager down on an empty board and it will not proc the bleeding effects because you are not targeting a unit first.

If veil read "cannot be targeted" then it would be a bug. Otherwise the card is working properly.
I know it's "necro" thread at this point, but I've just noticed something and I'm not quiet sure if it's a bug or the way the "bleeding-veil" thing was supposed to work. I put a veil onto an already bleeding unit (it had + 1 turn), then got randomly targeted by another bleeding effect, while having veil and it stacked to +3 turns. My question would be: is it a bug? I'm asking because when you extrapolate, the poison effect - it does nothing to your unit afterwards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom