Dual Wielding Handguns, smg's.... Yes, No, Maybe?

+
I think Red Dead Redemption had a pretty good mechanic for this; there was a "bullet time" mode you could activate, and you could paint targets in order (or one target multiple times.) Exit bullet time, and you started hosing down targets, in the order you painted them.

That is pretty much how I saw the Sandevistan working.

Sandevistan has to be activated, so I could see that. You have to turn it on, though, and it only lasts for a little while.

Kerenzikov, though....Kerenzikov is always on. In game dynamics, that would mean auto-activates and stays on until you turn it off. It's not typically as fast as Sandevistan, though, and of course, it has a much higher HUM cost.

God I love Kerenzikov.

The only way that 'initiative' is going to work like it did in 2020 is if combat is turn based. No thank you. I liked VATS back in the origional fallout games, but real time is so much more fun.

I can see 'initiaive' giving a bonus to reloading, aiming and drawing weapons. Possibly with dodging.

Combat sense and speedware could act like kind of a "spidey senses", giving you a warning to danger and an initial time dilation in which to pull off a few shots first as combat starts up.

Also the new Kinect is supposed to be sensitive enough to detect a hand squeeze, using that you should to be able to pull off targeting 2 people at once and you can get a feel for how hard that really is at the same time.

Initiative is a game mechanic that really only works on a tabletop game because by necessity they are turn based.

In a video game this can be translated into a VATS system, or a bullet time... but those don't translate to multiplayer at all... which I guess is fine too... it didn't create that much of a stink for RDR's mp.

But it does provide an interesting question on how it could be handled in a co-op setting...

Really, all the special abilities raise interesting co-op multiplayer conundrums...

Dual wield everything! Harr!

Is this just limited to guns?

If cybernetics allows for dual wielding to occur, what about other types of weapons? Like a gun in one hand and a sword in the other? Dual swords?

Or is this game too realistic for that....

If cybernetics allows for dual wielding to occur, what about other types of weapons? Like a gun in one hand and a sword in the other? Dual swords?

Not sure how those things would be unrealistic. There are many martial arts that do teach using two weapons, and doing it effectively.

And using a sword in one hand and a gun in the other... well thats just pirates 101 mate...

In a video game this can be translated into a VATS system, or a bullet time... but those don't translate to multiplayer at all... which I guess is fine too... it didn't create that much of a stink for RDR's mp.

Anyone can talk about how well or bad this worked on Max Payne 3's multiplayer? All I can imagine is having everyone and everythong who is not the user going slow. I know, it's very original XD

Well, I mean how is authority supposed to work in co-op or mp? How is a fixers street deal supposed to work in that situation? How is a rockers charismatic leadership?

These are some serious headache inducing questions...

Well, I could see using two arm-mounted cyber-blades at once, but then again, you wouldn't actually be holding them in your hands.

Initiative is a game mechanic that really only works on a tabletop game because by necessity they are turn based.

But it does provide an interesting question on how it could be handled in a co-op setting...

Really, all the special abilities raise interesting co-op multiplayer conundrums...

If you think about it, bullettime doesn't 'actually' slow anything down, only our perception of it. Initiative in CP2020 means that our reactions are faster and we have a better chance of reacting before someone else.

So, how about this.

Overall, inititative can increse the speed we carry out certain actions, such as the speed we can fire semi-automatic/pump/bolt action weapons, reload weapons, draw or switch wapons, attack/parry/block/throw melee weapons and hand to hand, etc.

If we have something like speedware fitted, it could give an additional temporary boost. (Although it'll be a pity to miss out on a bullet time mechanic. I love those.)

Anyone can talk about how well or bad this worked on Max Payne 3's multiplayer? All I can imagine is having everyone and everythong who is not the user going slow. I know, it's very original XD

http://kotaku.com/5907699/how-multiplayer-bullet-time-works-in-max-payne-3

I quite like how they handled it.

It works like an event or a skill affecting everyone (in every line of sight). While it is convenient since it frees players from slowmo-triggering items like the one from F.E.A.R. Combat (roughly 70%gamespeed for the slowmo owner, 50% gamespeed for everyone else), it doesn't add anything to the multiplayer mode. Things like BT are there for the sake of shooting and you can't avoid such skill. Replacing a flag with a slowmo item like in fear combat is the same and probably easier, but running for a flag/item might be frustrating to those who are not good to the game.

As long as it steers clear of the Army of Two bullet time...

Unlimited ammo and somewhere along the line the 5.56mm rounds become 40mm grenades...

Top Bottom