Dual Wielding Handguns, smg's.... Yes, No, Maybe?

+
Heh. So true. You know probably my favourite fictional hitman? The nearly-invisible Taoist killer in Gibson's All Tomorrow's Parties. You never see him coming, you never suspect him, you never look for him before or after. His weapon is ultra-cool, but he is not.

Unprepossessing, obsequious, quiet, pleasant, unmemorable. Invisible. Perfect.

Mind you, in CP2020, due to the nature of the work, my character had to make compromises. But still.

For everyone else, hey! Have fun! Enjoy! Especially Style mavens like Fixers, Rockerboys, Netrunners. Live it up. Make enemies, make memories, have a great, glittering, visible career.

And I'll clean up afterwards.

Yeah, like Wisdom said, it is not about accuracy, it is about being cool and spreading love.. made out of... led.

I wasn't going to point out to him that his avatar is from a movie featuring the most ridiculous gunplay the world has ever seen... worse than the american john woo movies.... it;s the same kind of special you would get if you let a mule kick Chow Yun Fat in the head......

I wasn't going to point out to him that his avatar is from a movie featuring the most ridiculous gunplay the world has ever seen... worse than the american john woo movies.... it;s the same kind of special you would get if you let a mule kick Chow Yun Fat in the head......

HURTFUL.

I love that movie. A lot. Why you gotta be so cruel?

HURTFUL.

I love that movie. A lot. Why you gotta be so cruel?

I't all out of love mate... someone has to turn the light on so you can see yourself for who you really are.... and that's someone who wants to dual wield like a motherfucker...

I't all out of love mate... someone has to turn the light on so you can see yourself for who you really are.... and that's someone who wants to dual wield like a motherfucker...

Yes.. We love you Sard.. We just want to show you who you truly are! And i left you a note.. Just look at your left buddy. It is on your desk. :cool:

Creepy. There IS a note here.

...I'm not reading it. Nooooo.

What if i told you, i'm you. I'm just in your head and if you check that note you will see it is your handwriting... You are the one who wrote that note...

*Evil Laugh*

(Or i have experimental teleportation implants made by a secret corporation and i faked your handwriting... That is also possible.)

I will just leave this here...

[video=youtube;pu7Vu-ylUH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu7Vu-ylUH0[/video]

One thing that I would like to see from dual wielding that cybernetics would make much more viable is using multiple to simultaneously target multiple enemies. Against a single target 1 pistol is just as good as 2, often better. This excludes the coolness argument, and John Wooing it up is pretty cool looking. What I would really want as a trained combatant is the ability to smoke 2 bitches at once. Give me 2 weapons and I don't want to put double the lead on target because in FNFF it is just a waste of ammo and accuracy, you only have to hit with 2 or 3 rounds at max.

Now how you would implement the ability to target multiple enemies at the same time in a video game I ave no idea.

Pretty sure the phrase "Style Over Substance" features prominently in the 2020 core rules, so if I had to place a bet on it, I'd say dual-wielding will probably be available in the game.

Not that I'd ever do it, though. I like to keep at least one hand ready to pop the cyber-blades, on the off chance my latest gunfight turns into a fistfight.

Now how you would implement the ability to target multiple enemies at the same time in a video game I ave no idea.

As cool as it would be, I don't think it's possible in real time without multiple reticules, each controlled by a seperate peripheral...

But with s 'bullet-time' like option, you could highlight different targets and take them out in some sort of 'rapidfire special move'.

Hmm. actually, you could probably still do that in real time. take cover and activeate this option, select targes with a moveable reticule, blow the to bits...

Yeah it wouldn't work so hot in co-op or multiplayer but in a single player game why not mess with pausing or other time manipulating mechanics.

As cool as it would be, I don't think it's possible in real time without multiple reticules, each controlled by a seperate peripheral...

But with s 'bullet-time' like option, you could highlight different targets and take them out in some sort of 'rapidfire special move'.

Hmm. actually, you could probably still do that in real time. take cover and activeate this option, select targes with a moveable reticule, blow the to bits...

The main problem with that approach, though, is that it would remove a degree of interactivity from the experience, and a lot of people don't like that. For example, one of the common issues people I know had with Deus Ex: Human Revolution was that the takedowns, while cool to watch, required no effort beyond pressing a button and watching Adam Jensen do something cool. Most people want to feel like they have the ability to do those cool things, determine how they look and the end result, even if they're really just punching a button combo into a controller.

Yeah I am not a huge fan of quick time events. Like I said I am not sure how to implement it, but if I had cybernetics, that is how I would use dual wielding.

The main problem with that approach, though, is that it would remove a degree of interactivity from the experience, and a lot of people don't like that. For example, one of the common issues people I know had with Deus Ex: Human Revolution was that the takedowns, while cool to watch, required no effort beyond pressing a button and watching Adam Jensen do something cool. Most people want to feel like they have the ability to do those cool things, determine how they look and the end result, even if they're really just punching a button combo into a controller.

Yeah I am not a huge fan of quick time events. Like I said I am not sure how to implement it, but if I had cybernetics, that is how I would use dual wielding.

I'm not a fan either, it was just a suggestion.

The only other thing I can think of is having the reticule split in two. Perhaps using the mouse roller to space them out. That doesn't even sound that good an idea to me either...

Can't vote since the options are so retarded :) That said I'd like to see it in game but make it as hard/ realistic as possible. Meaning you propably won't pull it off without chrome.

I think best way to take out two targets same time would be tagging targets like Chris said and then you automatically shoot and propably miss :)

I think Red Dead Redemption had a pretty good mechanic for this; there was a "bullet time" mode you could activate, and you could paint targets in order (or one target multiple times.) Exit bullet time, and you started hosing down targets, in the order you painted them.

Top Bottom