Dual Wielding, the ultimate Handgun ability.

+
To be perfectly honest, I find the maxed out rank 20 handgun ability to be a bit...underwhelming. Combined with the fact that we see Jackie dual wield, but can't do it ourselves, feels a bit disappointing. Thus I feel like it would be better to make dual wielding the Maxed Rank handgun ability. This would ultimately work one of two ways, but statistically they are the same thing.

Option 1: Linked equipment slots.
As the name suggests, this links the top two weapon slots in your inventory screen, allowing you to wield both weapons (assuming they are handguns) at the same time.

Option 2: Weapon Cloning
A bit immersion breaking, this ability simply spawns a copy of whatever handgun you equip in your offhand, allowing you to fire both. This copy only exists as an offhand equip, can't be sold or unequipped, and has all the same mods and stats as the main version. This is the more controlled and balanced option, as it technically isn't anything more than a fire-rate and ammo capacity buff.

Statistical effects of dual wielding.
Obviously this feature comes with some pretty big advantages; doubling the ammo count of your equipped weapon, potentially doubling the fire rate, and of course the cool factor. But there are penalties as well. Not being able to stabilize your gun with both hands means a reasonable drop in accuracy and fire rate can be expected (hence why dual wielding only "potentially" doubles the fire rate), and the biggest issue is reload time. Obviously needing to reload two guns would double that timeframe, but then factoring in the need to juggle the weapons to do so and that time goes even higher. This is the real penalty of dual wielding; if everything isn't dead by the time you empty both clips you may as well change to a different weapon, because nobody is going to give you that kind of time to reload. Likewise the accuracy dip pretty much necessitates using SMART guns like Skippy.

So overall, while the exact numbers can be tweaked with play testing, I think it would look something like this...
Functional Fire-Rate/DPS: +60%
Functional Clip Size: +100%
Functional Accuracy: -50%
Functional Reload Time: +150%

Having the ability to dual wield firearms would be nice. I agree with the comment above, but what if you had the ability to dual wield both a melee weapon and a firearm at the same time?

Like for example you could use your sword as a defensive weapon to block bullets ( assuming the player has the proper augmentations ) while you charge in firing your handgun for offensive suppressing fire and then deliver a finishing blow with your melee weapon.

That way the player has more versatility with either high dps ( dual guns ) or a melee/ranged damage ( gun and sword. )

I bring this up because I believe both of these features would make for a great addition to the combat aspect of the game.

Thank you for your time.

Having the ability to dual wield firearms would be nice. I agree with the comment above, but what if you had the ability to dual wield both a melee weapon and a firearm at the same time?

Like for example you could use your sword as a defensive weapon to block bullets ( assuming the player has the proper augmentations ) while you charge in firing your handgun for offensive suppressing fire and then deliver a finishing blow with your melee weapon.

That way the player has more versatility with either high dps ( dual guns ) or a melee/ranged damage ( gun and sword. )

I bring this up because I believe both of these features would make for a great addition to the combat aspect of the game.

Thank you for your time.

While I agree that would be cool, the current system doesn't really support it. I created this thread, like all my suggestions, in the hopes of seeing something like it one day implemented into the game. And a system that is TECHNICALLY just a purely statistical buff hidden behind some flashy animations is much more likely to happen than hybridizing to unrelated mechanical playstyles. In simplest terms what you're talking about would require several new features to be built from scratch and even some modifications to the game engine, while what I'm talking about is just tweaking some pre-existing numbers and "mirroring" a few pre-existing animations. One is much more likely than the other.

I was hoping V would be able to do this after seeing Jackie do it, but alas.
Post automatically merged:

While probably technically difficult to do (like Jackie does), apart from smart weapons and melee weapons, it would be nice though and give a reason to use 1 handed weapons over 2 handed.

I was hoping V would be able to do this after seeing Jackie do it, but alas.
Post automatically merged:

While probably technically difficult to do (like Jackie does), apart from smart weapons and melee weapons, it would be nice though and give a reason to use 1 handed weapons over 2 handed.
in the modified hand you ca carry a smart wapon, in the normal hand you can carry a normal weapon

This being cyberpunk, I don't think weapon stability would be nearly as much of an issue as say in real life. With a high enough Body and Reflexes, you should be able to dual wield assault rifles, with individual targeting and deadly precision (kinda like the police station scene in Terminator). Maybe a somewhat watered down version will be added in a DLC.

I know that dual wielding fully automatic guns/mps isn't realistic at all, but it just looks and feels soo fking badass. I really hope CDPR adds this as a feature. I'd love to see something similar to the halo 2 dual wielding mechanic. It would be also insanely cool to dual wield different implants (for example right arm mantis blades, left arm monowire).

i was thinking about smt like this since the very first time i got jackys handguns... first i thought it might be a special ability of said iconic because you get both of them... but sadly no... so i still dont get the point why we get two of the exact same weapons while not being able to use them like he does/did :(

dual wielding at least for handguns would be pretty cool. tho i cant imagen using two different cyberware weapons at once... wouldnt like that tbh.

It would make sense for pistols and revolvers to dual wield.
Maybe some variants of smg could work. But that would also require a big rebalancing act for those weapons compared to doublehanded weapons I reckon.

But that would also require a big rebalancing act for those weapons compared to doublehanded weapons I reckon.

Agreed, but one trick they could do (I have seen this done successfully in mods for other games) is have a few new gun types "designed" for Dual Wield and just cut the damage and other stats in half for each gun relative to similar guns in the game.

I would like to see Florentine (Dual Wield) blades like two daggers or two falchions. You do not need to rebalance them because power for a sword comes from the body not the arms.

So even with two swords (for the most part) only one cuts (and deals damage) at a time. And contrary to popular belief they do not hit twice as fast ( landing double the number of hits per second) as one sword would either. The arm positions the sword as the body turns in the direction into the target to generate power. So your body turns left to land the sword on their right and right to land the sword on their left. This is done the same with one sword or two. Even if you manage to hit with both swords at one time (opportunities for that are rare) your power is split between both swords doing half the normal damage each.

There are (as always ) some exceptions such as it being possible to use the arms with dual knives to double STAB at the same time, but as the weapon gets bigger then it requires more from the body not the arms to use properly.

The real advantage of Florentine weapons are that this can overwhelm the opponent mentally and hit different angles than opponents may usually block. Thus using the offhand weapon can add more deception to feints for the primary weapon. And if the offhand weapon range is the same as the primary, surprise attacks can be made from what the opponent thought was "just out of range" .

But I suppose this would detract the allure and charm from the whole Mantis blades thing...

Edit: Now that I think about it some of the Dual Wield mods for other games did a work around to create the illusion of Dual Wield by only adding animations. So the game thinks you are shooting ONE gun in your right hand but to the player is looks like two guns one in each hand complete with muzzle flashing from each gun. First one of these I think was for Doom. :p

Image1.jpg

Last edited:
hear me out jackie can dual wield any gun so i thought we should be a able to dual wield jackie's pistols only plus it would give it that unique feel and it would give us a reason for having both of jackie's pistols in our inventory this can work by putting one of each of jackie's pistols in your gun slot's
and if you only want to use one of jackie's pistols you simple go to your inventory and take out one of his pistols from your gun slot and reverse if you wont to do dual wield share this around if you think this is a good idea.

Other than SMG's or something fully automatic, where you can do what they call spray and pray, dual wielding in real life is a bad idea. Hard to be accurate, among many other issues. That said, i don't mind the hollywood style in games. I personally just use the extra of Jack's guns so that there's one in the display room, and i can use the other. There's also the matter of balance. The right revolvers can one shot most things as is, packing two and you'd be overpowered.

Top Bottom