Dumping bodies after Non-Lethal takedowns counts as murder

+

-tv

Forum regular
Issue:
Some quests where you are given the option to not kill anyone, you can knock out enemies and everything is fine. However, if you dump them, it is counted as a kill and the quest's optional objective is considered a failure, even though they were not dead prior to being dumped.

This makes it extra difficult if the quests has an option to not get alerted...which exposes another bug given that NPCs can spot bodies anywhere (other rooms, different floors, anywhere out of view but in the hostile area, etc.)

Unknowingly if you do dump bodies, NPC interactions afterward may remind V that V is a murderer in the case of the job 'Sacrum Profanum'.

Issue:
Some quests where you are given the option to not kill anyone, you can knock out enemies and everything is fine. However, if you dump them, it is counted as a kill and the quest's optional objective is considered a failure, even though they were not dead prior to being dumped.

This makes it extra difficult if the quests has an option to not get alerted...which exposes another bug given that NPCs can spot bodies anywhere (other rooms, different floors, anywhere out of view but in the hostile area, etc.)

Unknowingly if you do dump bodies, NPC interactions afterward may remind V that V is a murderer in the case of the job 'Sacrum Profanum'.
Just another case of the AI needs to be improved.

Super interesting, thanks, I was wondering why 'Sacrum Profanum' kept failing for me when I tried it 8 times over. Not dumping bodies was the only thing I didn't try so I'll have a go at that tomorrow.

Facinating. I wonder if there is a reason for dumping a body in a chest counting as a kill or if it is a bug in the code.

Ow. Good to know this.

Yes. I also found if you loot dead police officers - even ones you hadn't killed after a gang vs NCPD fight, you'll end up on their wanted list.
LOL :p

I guess they know you messed with the bodies of the property of NCPD...

Just curious, but do you fall off their wanted list after a certain amount of time?

passed a secondary quest to save the monk, tried to get through without killing, the mob shot a gas cylinder and the explosion hit the knocked down enemies, the monk said that I killed them :giveup:

In my case, taking out one of the mobs by blowing up that CHOOH2 tank did not count as murder. When I first walked into the warehouse, I managed to miss the guy that is standing by the priest threatening him. I took down the two gang members in the first room, then went in the back and knocked out the third gang member, and the first guy aggro'd on me when I returned to that first room. He moved over next to the tank, so I shot it, thinking I had failed the mission anyway, and down he went. To my great surprise, the priest thanked me for exercising restraint and not taking any lives.

Last edited:
Yes. I also found if you loot dead police officers - even ones you hadn't killed after a gang vs NCPD fight, you'll end up on their wanted list.

Thank-you so much! You just explained to me how the police were getting angry with me after I supposedly helped them out. It was driving me nuts not knowing why they were chasing me for picking something up as I didn't identify the fact that one of the corpses was a copper.

I guess you can't lose a bounty once you have it? Even running away and coming back an hour later they sadly seem to aggro on me so I am not sure what I am supposed to do since the police just murder you.

In my case, taking out one of the mobs by blowing up that CHOOH2 tank did not count as murder. When I first walked into the warehouse, I managed to miss the guy that is standing by the priest threatening him. I took down the two gang members in the first room, then went in the back and killed the third gang member, and the first guy aggro'd on me when I returned to that first room. He moved over next to the tank, so I shot it, thinking I had failed the mission anyway, and down he went. To my great surprise, the priest thanked me for exercising restraint and not taking any lives.
lucky you :cool:

I can confirm that even after non-lethal take-downs you'll get no gratitude from the monk you save from mutilation after completing Sacrum Profanum.

Either dumping after non-lethal take-downs should come with a warning (that you're about to kill them via suffocation or such by dumping their bodies into the garbage anyway) or not else kill them (and allows them later to crawl out of the trash).

Yeah I noticed that too, dumping them into containers counts as death. I also noticed that dropping them off buildings (say from penthouses) doesn't. haha :)

This. I hate it too.

I've been just frustrated replaying fight with Oda for fifth time, I didn't want him dead because Takemura asked me not to kill him, I was trying everything - electricity and bare fists and baseball bat, and every time he ends up dead. At last I managed to knock him out with dildo. Poor proud ninja will probably do seppuku afterwards. But at least Takemura was satisfied

Issue:

There are 5 enemies in the quest. these can be switched off one by one with a take-down if you sneak in from behind or climb over the boxes. There is no reason to deposit them. There is also no extra reward, for beeing non lethal. I haven't done any of the stealth missions with dumping bodies. As long as no one sees "you", everything is fine, even if they find corpses. If you have invested something in Quickhacks, you can also contaminate all enemies from outside the building or area. That is the best solution. If the quest counts as a success and you can pick up your extra reward, you go back in and kill everyone, which brings bounty, street cred and exp again. Especially worth it for psychos.

mbrto

Forum regular
kinda makes sense if you put them in a freezer or a meat grinder
never noticed this though

Top Bottom