Dwarven Propaganda I

+

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
I have tried the Defender + Agitator combo, including Operator (on Agitator) and using Summoning Circle. But I simply could not win with it, lacking power, control and swing cards.

I had something similar but with marauders instead of defenders, and boosts for specials. Didn't work anymore after the patch.You have too many sages. You need to draw exactly as many potions as sages in order to be able to use the sages. That's jsut not going to happen. Either remove the sages or put more bronze specials.

Anyone seen mosnsters or SK recently? I haven't. It's all NR and NG (removal) deck. Absolutely detest NG. Graverobbing and assassin plus the spy token guy.

Let's all play NG now shall we? As soon as I change my deck to try and counter NG or NR (nasty cowardly spell'tell deck) ...I won't see those decks again. Because of the match-making.

LDiCesare;n9489031 said:
I had something similar but with marauders instead of defenders, and boosts for specials. Didn't work anymore after the patch.You have too many sages. You need to draw exactly as many potions as sages in order to be able to use the sages. That's jsut not going to happen. Either remove the sages or put more bronze specials.

I also have one with marauders and thunderbolt potions instead of defenders and overdose, and I am sistematically killed by Merigold´s Hailstorm.

Regarding sages and potions, it works good thanks to Saskia and Nature´s Gift, but I see your point

The original deck has very low value. The agitatirs have a net value of 8 + 6 carryover. But carryover is useless if you don't win the first round, and 8 card bronzes as your best points won't win you a round. Plus they are hopeless against armor or anything targetting a single row.
Thunderbolt and marauders are better, but yes, you can probably use Saskia and Nature's Gift. I'm not sure it's efficient. I had some mardroeme mixed in, but they are organic so the sage doesn't help with them.

I have been using something very similar but you might want to try "Barclay Els", he has been doing wonders for me since he thins the deck a bit and strengthens whatever he pulls out.
So if he pulls out a defender it is an 11 point play with 9 carryover assuming they don't mess up your defender. And even if he pulls out agitator it turns into a 13 point play with 6 carryover.
You can also decoy him to do it again, and since he is such a low power card most of the previous play stays on the board when you bounce him. Not to mention you can consistently get him out with Brouver's deploy.

I can't tell for playing the deck because I never did but I fought multiple version of it and I rarely lose against (no matter which deck I play to be honest with you).
The deck just lack of tempo and is too convoluted to be actually good.

The thing is, "regular" Dwarf is better than this deck for multiple reason (one being Operator...probably the most over rated card in the entire history of Gwent, peoples plays him everywhere and don't realize that he makes them loose a lot of games).

GenLiu;n9562341 said:
I can't tell for playing the deck because I never did but I fought multiple version of it and I rarely lose against (no matter which deck I play to be honest with you).
The deck just lack of tempo and is too convoluted to be actually good.

The thing is, "regular" Dwarf is better than this deck for multiple reason (one being Operator...probably the most over rated card in the entire history of Gwent, peoples plays him everywhere and don't realize that he makes them loose a lot of games).

So true. I have fully revamped the deck since I first posted it, and I am currently playing Dwarven propaganda II. Here are both:

DWARVEN PROPAGANDA II (marauders)
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/31721-dwarven-propaganda-ii

DWARVEN PROPAGANDA I (defenders)
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/30420-dwarven-propaganda-i

Eliadann;n9564941 said:
So true. I have fully revamped the deck since I first posted it, and I am currently playing Dwarven propaganda II. Here are both:

DWARVEN PROPAGANDA II (marauders)
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/31721-dwarven-propaganda-ii

DWARVEN PROPAGANDA I (defenders)
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/30420-dwarven-propaganda-i

That's very combo oriented but why not. I like it better without Operator.
May I ask you why Mardroeme though? It doesn't seem like the type of deck that needs it, especially when you already have Artefact compression but maybe I'm missing something.

GenLiu;n9564981 said:
That's very combo oriented but why not. I like it better without Operator.
May I ask you why Mardroeme though? It doesn't seem like the type of deck that needs it, especially when you already have Artefact compression but maybe I'm missing something.

Mardroeme is indeed not essential to the deck. I just put it because in the current meta half of the matches are against a Prince Stennis led NR deck, and with mardroeme I banish him from the game. It also plays for a high value resetting armor eating cavalry, or DBP in last round of spell SC. But you have a point, I might take it out soon

Eliadann;n9565011 said:
Mardroeme is indeed not essential to the deck. I just put it because in the current meta half of the matches are against a Prince Stennis led NR deck, and with mardroeme I banish him from the game. It also plays for a high value resetting armor eating cavalry, or DBP in last round of spell SC. But you have a point, I might take it out soon

It's always the difficult part while building a deck. How much control should I play and how it affects my tactic.
Again, I'm not playing the deck myself so maybe Mardroeme is a necessary choice. Your explanation makes sense but it might not be optimal against other match ups, especially since this card does nothing for your global strategy (I mean, it's a tech card, clearly).

Another thing that attracted my attention is Royal decree. You don't have enough resources to craft the fourth Gold card or is this any reason I don't catch for running this one?

Royal Decree is a choice. I have other gold cards, but unless I am running a deck with a lot of thinners, I like to play Royal Decree particularly if the other golds are all units. I am not going to play all my deck, so I prefer to run three golds and one to search for any of them in an specific moment of the game, rather to play four golds and not choosing which ones I am not likely to draw.

For me, three plus Royal Decree is more flexible and thus, stronger build. A different story would be a deck built to draw most of its 25 cards.

Top Bottom