DX12 crash on launch

+
Can someone please help me figure out why I can't start the game with dx12? it gives me black screen for a few seconds then crash to desktop.

Updated gpu driver and game to latest hotfix and searched everywhere but couldn't find a solution.

Yes, the game is fine using DX11 before and after update. my issue is with DX12 which never worked. i want it for FSR2 and DX11 doesn't have it.
But for what point you want it if you don't use RT? Practical there is no benefit from DX12, even if you using FSR2 or DLSS, still you will get less FPS compered to DX11 mode with better looking TAAU (DLSS is quite better but still for me it's not big differences vs TAAU).

Ok, so
- If you used mods previously, check if there is no remaining mod files in the game folder.
- Maybe perform clean install of your drivers if you simply updated them.
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.
AMD
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support
- Disable all kind of overlay.
Anyway, I suggest to send a report to the support directly (after checking all the tips provided).
"Contact Us" button. The sooner, the better.

But for what point you want it if you don't use RT? Practical there is no benefit from DX12, even if you using FSR2 or DLSS, still you will get less FPS compered to DX11 mode with better looking TAAU (DLSS is quite better but still for me it's not big differences vs TAAU).

Mostly for FPS gain but if what you're saying is true then i guess there would be no point.

Ok, so
- If you used mods previously, check if there is no remaining mod files in the game folder.
- Maybe perform clean install of your drivers if you simply updated them.

- Disable all kind of overlay.
Anyway, I suggest to send a report to the support directly (after checking all the tips provided).
"Contact Us" button. The sooner, the better.

Thank you.

Top Bottom