Dx12 mGPU support. Please.

+
Yes, this game has a lot of bugs and glitches. I haven't even really PLAYED the game, I just created the character and walked around for a few minutes to test the graphics settings and still managed to find a dozen of graphics glitches with NPCs and objects.
BUT THAT'S OK!! It was to be expected with such a huge world and story. When Witcher 3 came out (it also got delayed multiple times) it was buggy, but look at it now, it's perfect! So give it a few weeks and all the little bugs will get solved.
But what I cannot understand and forgive:
-there is no built in Benchmark
to thoroughly test the seetings (e.g being on a closed alley, not all of the settings you just changed will have an effect because not all graphical effects apply there in the first place, so you have to move to other scenes just to test 1 setting and so on...this makes fine tuning the settings a pain in the bu*t).
-no Multi-Gpu support (I am not talking about SLI\Crossfire- those are dead). I am talking about DX12 (which this game exclusively runs on). DX12 has a mGPU feature. Kudos to CDPR for making a game that brings even the rtx 3090 to it's knees, but should we really have to decide between playing on nice settings or having a framerate that doesn't give you a headache (yes, I got a headache in the 15min I played at 27fps on my rtx 3090). If the game you created is so future-oriented that it can't run smoothly on the absolute best graphics card that money can buy then at least implement the option to use multiple gpus. This is even more important for people NOT HAVING the latest and greatest gpu. I try to imagine playing this game on a 1070 or even a 2080 ( my previous cards)! It would be a disaster! DX12 mGPU would allow you to use your 1070 AND 2080 simultaneously. Heck, even mixing your 2016-old AMD rx480 with your new nvidia rtx2060 would be possible and if (implemented correctly) would give you 60-80% better performance. So, the argument that: ''most people don't have so much money to buy multiple gpus'' doesn't hold here because almost everyone has at least one old (their previous) gpu laying around and like I said, mGPU could utilize it instead of you having to buy a new gpu (which you can't even do these days) or instead of you running the game at 20fps.

Last edited:
I agree with your points, tho I remember watching this guy review -
- and he was mentioning something that you can easily screw your FPS with just a few ticks in the wrong place (like, the game runs waaaaay smoother with raytracing on, than on basic ultra on his 3090) so, while the devs fix the most hilarious shit IMO try some tweaks, you may be in for a pleasant surprise...

I agree with your points, tho I remember watching this guy review -
- and he was mentioning something that you can easily screw your FPS with just a few ticks in the wrong place (like, the game runs waaaaay smoother with raytracing on, than on basic ultra on his 3090) so, while the devs fix the most hilarious shit IMO try some tweaks, you may be in for a pleasant surprise...

thanks, I am not playing at 8K like Linus (and like Nvidia marketed the rtx 3090) but at 5K and I already have many settings ( mostly everything that has to do with shadows and fog) on low or completly off, and also using DLSS (which mostly only reduces VRAM usage from 11GB to 6-7GB but since 3090 has 24GB, this is the least of my worries..and actually makes me regret not having bought the 3080 with only 10 GB). One single rtx 3090 is simply not powerful enough for this game. This is why I am begging CDPR to add mGPU support. This is not a new technology.. Ashes of singularity has it, Shadow of Tomb Raider has it.. Witcher 3 supported SLI perfectly (2015 there was no DX12) , but since Nvidia killed SLI, the only hope for CP2077 is dx12 mGPU.

There is no multi-GPU support.

There are very few games throughout time that officially support it. Whether it works or not is entirely up to the user, and it pretty much always has been with very few exceptions. Just because a game happens to run well on mlutiple GPUs does not mean that it was specifically built that way. Whether or not a game works better / worse / or without any discernible difference is up to that player's specific hardware and config.

Once again, there is no official support for multi-GPUs in Cyberpunk 2077.

There is no multi-GPU support.

There are very few games throughout time that officially support it. Whether it works or not is entirely up to the user, and it pretty much always has been with very few exceptions. Just because a game happens to run well on mlutiple GPUs does not mean that it was specifically built that way. Whether or not a game works better / worse / or without any discernible difference is up to that player's specific hardware and config.

Once again, there is no official support for multi-GPUs in Cyberpunk 2077.
There is no official support for multi-GPUs in Cyberpunk 2077.
yes, I have noticed that myself. That's why I am asking CDPR to implement it.
Whether it works or not is entirely up to the user
How come it can be up to the user? If the game supports it, you shove your 2.nd gpu in there and boom, 60-100% better performance. If it doesn't support it, there is nothing you can do no matter what hardware you have. The best single GPU is going to be your limit no matter what resolution\settings you want to play at (e.g the rtx 3090 only reaching 30fps in Cyberpunk).And you have to live with this for 3 years until the new generation GPUs comes out.
Just because a game happens to run well on mlutiple GPUs does not mean that it was specifically built that way.
Actually the exact opposite is the truth. Shadow of tomb raider didn't have mGPU support when it came out. It got added later via a patch. It ONLY works IF the developers implement it ACTIVELY. It's called EXPLICIT SLI. Implicit SLI (what we had until now via SLI driver profiles) is dead.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...ort-transitioning-to-native-game-integrations

There is no official support for multi-GPUs in Cyberpunk 2077.
yes, I have noticed that myself. That's why I am asking CDPR to implement it.
Whether it works or not is entirely up to the user
How come it can be up to the user? If the game supports it, you shove your 2.nd gpu in there and boom, 60-100% better performance. If it doesn't support it, there is nothing you can do no matter what hardware you have. The best single GPU is going to be your limit no matter what resolution\settings you want to play at (e.g the rtx 3090 only reaching 30fps in Cyberpunk).And you have to live with this for 3 years until the new generation GPUs comes out.
Just because a game happens to run well on mlutiple GPUs does not mean that it was specifically built that way.
Actually the exact opposite is the truth. Shadow of tomb raider didn't have mGPU support when it came out. It got added later via a patch. It ONLY works IF the developers implement it ACTIVELY. It's called EXPLICIT SLI. Implicit SLI (what we had until now via SLI driver profiles) is dead.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...ort-transitioning-to-native-game-integrations

Well, the reason it's not normally implemented is because of the sheer number of variables it introduces, the sheer number of problems that can create, and the extremely limited market that it services given the time, manpower, and expense of officially implementing and supporting multi-GPUs over time. (I mean, even Nvidia and AMD themselves don't officially guarantee that SLI / Crossfire will work as intended with every title.)

It's a nifty idea, and it does seem to largely work well or not create any major issues, but I believe it's just not a standard enough feature for it to be worthwhile for studios to devote the resources to specifically develop for and support it.

Perfectly valid request and all, but it's also something that has been requested of many studios since the early 2000s. As of yet, there has been no great change in the industry.

It's just not a standard enough feature for it to be worthwhile for studios to devote the resources to specifically develop for and support it.
Yes, and it will never be, if so many big companies choose to not start adopting it already. From all the game companies out there, I was ready to bet money on the fact that CDPR would use every possible new technology that DX12 allows (like they did with ray tracing). Like I said, the mGPU feature of Dx12 is NOT like a regular crossfire \sli. It doesn't require identical cards, not even from the same brand. It can even leverage the integrated iGPU in your intel cpu or amd APU for 10-15% more performance for absolutely FREE.
And especially given how extremely demanding CP2077 is (and I was also sure it was going to be very demanding as soon as I heard in march-april that it will be the first game ever to use 4 different types of ray tracing at same time, whereas all games until now only used 1 type), I was hoping CDPR would invest some effort in this, since they did find the time to create a penis\vagina option, and they did find money to hire Keanu Reeves.
The way I see it, at the time being, without downscaling with DLSS and while using all the nicer graphics settings (that CDPR put there for a reason, because glitches and bad AI aside, the Night City IS BEAUTIFUL and should be best experienced in all its glory) people need a 3080\3090 to run the game at at least 60fps @ 1080p.
(
@ 12:25, without DLSS rtx 3070 can't reach 60fps at 1080p and that is with only RT reflections on ).
For anything above, like 1440p, 4K or me at 5K, there is no GPU on the market\no possibility of experiencing the game without compromises, no matter how much one is willing to invest in ones PC. This is just sad . I am sad..:(:cry:

Last edited:
It can even leverage the integrated iGPU in your intel cpu or amd APU for 10-15% more performance for absolutely FREE.

There's the main issue.

Not "FREE"...

...for the cost of two GPUs and the PC system with hardware capable of exploiting them.

We're talking about $1,000 USD more than what the vast majority of only PC gamers on the market are going to spend. Whether the studio is completely investor- / profit-oriented...or whether a studio is completely humanitarian and artistically driven...the final sum is the same:

It's a gamble most likely to result in a loss.

All business is risk. Can't run a business on gambling for a loss.

It's just not a standard enough feature for it to be worthwhile for studios to devote the resources to specifically develop for and support it.
Yes, and it will never be, if so many big companies choose to not start adopting it already. From all the game companies out there, I was ready to bet money on the fact that CDPR would use every possible new technology that DX12 allows (like they did with ray tracing). Like I said, the mGPU feature of Dx12 is NOT like a regular crossfire \sli. It doesn't require identical cards, not even from the same brand. It can even leverage the integrated iGPU in your intel cpu or amd APU for 10-15% more performance for absolutely FREE.
And especially given how extremely demanding CP2077 is (and I was also sure it was going to be very demanding as soon as I heard in march-april that it will be the first game ever to use 4 different types of ray tracing at same time, whereas all games until now only used 1 type), I was hoping CDPR would invest some effort in this, since they did find the time to create a penis\vagina option, and they did find money to hire Keanu Reeves.
The way I see it, at the time being, without downscaling with DLSS and while using all the nicer graphics settings (that CDPR put there for a reason, because glitches and bad AI aside, the Night City IS BEAUTIFUL and should be best experienced in all its glory) people need a 3080\3090 to run the game at at least 60fps @ 1080p.
(
@ 12:25, without DLSS rtx 3070 can't reach 60fps at 1080p and that is with only RT reflections on ).
For anything above, like 1440p, 4K or me at 5K, there is no GPU on the market\no possibility of experiencing the game without compromises, no matter how much one is willing to invest in ones PC. This is just sad . I am sad..:(:cry:

Here it is, too! You're breaking down your, particular situation really well. Using Nvidia tech -- specifically designed to exploit SLI to maximum effect -- and DX12 -- specifically trying to take advantage of ray-tracing tech -- and CP2077 -- a game designed with direct collaboration from Nvidia to specifically take advantage of their specifically designed technology, specifically targeted to provide maximum performance on Geforce cards --

You're getting those results.

Now...

...how much work split between how many people is it going to take to correct the specific issues you're seeing with this specific game on your specific hardware experiencing specific issues between (not one -- but -- ) TWO GPUs on your specific system configuration with this specific game...

...when we take into consideration all the issues that need to be solved for only one GPU.

Diminishing. Returns.

...since they did find the time to create a penis\vagina option, and they did find money to hire Keanu Reeves.

And I can't argue with this effectively! :LOL: It's like arguing that TGI Friday's served me cold chicken wings...even though they can afford to hang a canoe on the wall over my table!?

Sometimes, we're not always pleased with the meal, but if I take that canoe off the wall...it's going to lose that TGI Friday's feel.

(^ This is all a jank, rhetorical example, btw. I don't really like TGI Friday's all that much. But I think my point is clear.)

Guest 4454648

Like I've said now several times [...] Give them some time to fix all the bugs before you go asking for new features.

[Edited for discussion of moderation -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I've said now several times [...] Give them some time to fix all the bugs before you go asking for new features.
Of course you are right..but it's just like the CP2077 team isn't the same as the witcher3 team was. Nobody had to ask for SLI support then..Just saying

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course you are right..but it's just like the CP2077 team isn't the same as the witcher3 team was. Nobody had to ask for SLI support then..Just saying

They most certainly did. Numerous people over time had discussions that went on far longer than this one has.

But TW3 did not receive official support for multiple GPUs, either.

It's the same with pretty much every title ever released, from the late '90s until today. SLI / Crossfire is a feature offered by Nvidia / AMD, but it does not come with any guarantee of support nor functionality. Both companies do what they can to compile lists of games that it works well with, and they try to make it as friendly as possible. But there have been very few titles ever released that were specifically designed with multiple GPUs in mind.

Last edited:
They most certainly did. Numerous people over time had discussions that went on far longer than this one has.

It's the same with pretty much every title ever released, from the late '90s until today. SLI / Crossfire is a feature offered by Nvidia / AMD, but it does not come with any guarantee of support nor functionality. Both companies do what they can to compile lists of games that it works well with, and they try to make it as friendly as possible. But there have been very few titles ever released that were specifically designed with multiple GPUs in mind.

Shit, so the chances that CDPR will add official mGPU support to CP2077 is close to 0.
So I think it's best for my mental health (and that of anyone else waiting) to just accept the situation and move on because there is nothing we can do.
I am still very dissapointed with CDPR. Then at least they should optimise Cyberpunk so that we can turn ALL settings to max. and still have good framerate ON THE MOST POWERFUL SINGLE GPU on the market.

SLI is dead (so is crossfire) and this game is REALLY directed towards those playing on 2000 and 3000 series hardware. I highly doubt they'll add SLI compatibility just for those people flexing with 2x 3090s

SLI is dead (so is crossfire) and this game is REALLY directed towards those playing on 2000 and 3000 series hardware. I highly doubt they'll add SLI compatibility just for those people flexing with 2x 3090s
Yes those flexers with 2x 3090 really suck..But
what about dx12 mGPU for the rest of us plebs?

With as amazing as this game is, it deserves DX12 mGPU.
Please CDPR - Be the pioneer DX12 mGPU needs.

It's entertaining how people come in here giving excuses for CDPR to not develop a functional DX12 mGPU environment that would easily be reused in another title or create an internal process for deploying it on other titles.

With as amazing as this game is, it deserves DX12 mGPU.
Please CDPR - Be the pioneer DX12 mGPU needs.

It's entertaining how people come in here giving excuses for CDPR to not develop a functional DX12 mGPU environment that would easily be reused in another title or create an internal process for deploying it on other titles.
Thank you! CDPR thinks people don't want this feature just because not many are actively asking for it like we do here..But I know for a fact that very many gamers would be thankful if CDPR implemented mGPU (many just don't understand yet that mGPU is not SLI/crossfire, just look at the comments above and below this one for proof). Let's show CDPR that they were wrong.

Last edited:
Not CDPR has to impant SLI, Nvidia must do that first with his drivers!

Nvidia has to do a profile for SLI just for CP2077 and that will not happend, SLI is dead!
The only reason why the 3090 has NV Link is because of content creation ppl, not for gaming.

It is good that SLI and Crossfire are finally dead...the work on the driver just for SLI/Crossfire is why to time consuming
for Nvidia and AMD and this for ppl < 2% how benefits from that.

Shit, so the chances that CDPR will add official mGPU support to CP2077 is close to 0.
So I think it's best for my mental health (and that of anyone else waiting) to just accept the situation and move on because there is nothing we can do.
I am still very dissapointed with CDPR. Then at least they should optimise Cyberpunk so that we can turn ALL settings to max. and still have good framerate ON THE MOST POWERFUL SINGLE GPU on the market.

I can all but guarantee that there will be no official multi-GPU support, for precisely the reasons I express above.

(I also said the same thing about the possibility of sharing saved games between PC and Nintendo Switch for The Witcher 3. Then, they came out with exactly that feature. [Later that same week, if I remember correctly.] There. Now maybe multi-GPU support has a chance. :p )

Last edited:
Not CDPR has to impant SLI, Nvidia must do that first with his drivers!

Nvidia has to do a profile for SLI just for CP2077 and that will not happend, SLI is dead!
The only reason why the 3090 has NV Link is because of content creation ppl, not for gaming.

It is good that SLI and Crossfire are finally dead...the work on the driver just for SLI/Crossfire is why to time consuming
for Nvidia and AMD and this for ppl < 2% how benefits from that.
I agree 100%.
SLI being killed off is the best thing that happend in the last years (except DLSS). 2% of people using SLI is also very generous.I would say max. 0.5%.
Only dx12 mGPU is the future and only CDPR (or a VERY talented modder/programmer) can implement it in CP2077. If ANY game deserves to have it, it's Cyberpunk. 27 fps is not acceptable on 144hz monitor in 2021.
Post automatically merged:

I can all but guarantee that there will be no official multi-GPU support, for precisely the reason the reasons I express above.

(I also said the same thing about the possibility of sharing saved games between PC and Nintendo Switch for The Witcher 3. Then, they came out with exactly that feature. [Later that same week, if I remember correctly.] There. Now maybe multi-GPU support has a chance. :p )
Thank you, I hope it will happen until summer(next chance when I have time to tinker with it). I have come to accept that I won't experience the game at 5K 60fps ultra /rtx on this Christmas/New year/Lockdown...

Last edited:
Patch 1.2 and still no Dx 12 mGPU ..it must really be hard to implement..:cry::cry::giveup:
I will update this until it happens or until I uninstall the game forever (because I lost all hope in CDPR for good)..
Let's see if we can reach Patch 3.0 without this much needed feature..:shrug:

Top Bottom